who's bright idea was that?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
yeah not a professional look.

I was under the just under big screen and the speakers were very loud!! but were clear.

Those speakers are a pain.  I now know not to sit near them so I do not go deaf of have my view impeded. 

re you photo dan,
that looks like those cheap propaganda trucks the right wing lunatic fringe drive around in in tokyo spouting slogans.
excuse my pisstake.
in all seriosness that is effin ridiculous. and that's before the heavily distorted **** music/hype is in the mix. it's like pubs that blare music out so that noone can concentrate on the matters at hand (talking and drinking). the 'product' don't need it.

just bumping . I havent heard anything back from Grant on this but I will be interested to see if the speakers are still there come the Roosters game

Dan link said:
just bumping . I havent heard anything back from Grant on this but I will be interested to see if the speakers are still there come the Roosters game
I think Grant might have bigger issues on his plate at the moment.

swoop link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=180401.msg225037#msg225037 date=1243295524]
[/quote]

bigger issues than keeping fans attending games?

I think that would be at the cusp of all his problems really mate

Another bright idea was moving the food and bar outlets on the concrete hill to tents in front of the old ones.

This is crazy, the queue now runs back into every one trying watch the footy and is very inconvenient to move around there.

Whats wrong with the way it was?

Kano link said:
Another bright idea was moving the food and bar outlets on the concrete hill to tents in front of the old ones.

This is crazy, the queue now runs back into every one trying watch the footy and is very inconvenient to move around there.

Whats wrong with the way it was?

it didn't force enough people to buy tickets in the stands is my guess

Dan link said:
[quote author=swoop link=topic=180401.msg225040#msg225040 date=1243295855]
[quote author=Dan link=topic=180401.msg225037#msg225037 date=1243295524]
[/quote]

bigger issues than keeping fans attending games?

I think that would be at the cusp of all his problems really mate
[/quote]

Not this week, maybe after the board meeting.

Those are some laughable speakers.  Anyone thinking that a couple of these turned up would cover an open air oval is kidding themselves, there's no way they wouldn't distort badly.  Pretty amateurish if you ask me, hope they get fixed in time for the next game

eggson link said:
Those are some laughable speakers.  Anyone thinking that a couple of these turned up would cover an open air oval is kidding themselves, there's no way they wouldn't distort badly.  Pretty amateurish if you ask me, hope they get fixed in time for the next game

Why do they need speakers?

I dont care whether the sound is crackly or crystal clear, I care more about seeing the game, which I forked out my cash to go and see.

I didn't think they needed extra speakers.  Every other game seemed to go well enough without them.  I guess it's part of the stupid way they play bits of music in between tries or something like the IPL or even basketball.  Don't like it.

Sure, but foldbacks on the ground would do the same thing, and not obstruct peoples view of the game. I am still astounded that anyone signed off on the this as appropriate

Wow that looks really dodgy.
Last time I was at Brookie (in the 2008 finals vs Dragons) they weren't there.

They would be very, very annoying by obstructing the view and playing loud cr*p too loudly and distorted in front of us, by the looks.

And what's that about the bars? They changed some to tents and messed up the queue lines so more ppl stand in the way and stuff?

Sounds like the grounds admin are messing things up.

Hope they fix that stuff, especially those speakers / get rid of them before I go there again (in several rounds hopefully).

I agree they don't need these speakers at all. I remember back to the semi's last year was when they first used them and we had all pretty much lost our hearing by the end of half time. Glad this issue has been raised with the club.

Grant Mayer emailed me this morning to let me know the speaker issue will be resolved going forward, they will no longer impair peoples visions. A great result from Grant

Thank you

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8