Who's playing ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Kiwi Eagle said:
That time of year again, anybody playing ?

We started last week but I was at the GF. The side really missed the skipper winning the opening 1 dayer by 287 runs lol. We got rained off today

Club cricket really struggling here post quake, about 20 teams down across the entire men's side of things. My club in particular has been smashed, losing 15 players from our morning grade squad so have had to drop 3rd grade for the season. Lost our prem women's side as well, they only had 7 and 4 of them were New Zealand players lol
you should get dropped you lazy bugger :)

Shouldn't have bothered turning up on Saturday

Lost toss, put in. Give the team a game plan of keeping wickets in hand, and the top 5 a goal to bat 35 overs, result, all out 82 in 33 overs. A nice 7 ball duck to open up the season for me after being cleaned up by an outswinging yorker.

They get the runs 3 down, bowled a few beauties for no results other than an edge through the slips

another effort like that next week and words will need to be said afterwards

Haha I knew how it got through mate, via outside edge and pad

We were horrendous yersterday !! Poured down on Wednesday along with friday night so the grounds were a bog, they moved us over onto an artifical pitch though which was a challenge

Lost the toss again, put in, very quickly we are about 15/4. Promoted a fella from 8 to 5 and he pumped 64 to get us going, then the number 10 put on a good 30 at the end to get us up to 181. 12 for me, managed to get a ball heading down the leg side to end up caught at cover, FFS

I opened up, got pumped early so took myself off. Our other opener had their boys ****ting themselves then took a couple, and the bloke that replaced me took 4 to have them in trouble. They put on a few at the end but we managed a win by 20-25 runs in the end somehow, still havent worked out how coz we were that bad

Knew it was going to be an interesting day when the 3 English lads weren't there for the time we were meant to start. Luckily we had an hour delay, sent 1 of the lads to their house who found them all still asleep after being up rooting all night haha

I always had the impression that the comp you played in was of a reasonable standard KE, however now that I know you have 3 Poms playing in your side I'm beginning to wonder.

It's always handy to have someone to cover the fine leg to fine leg journey. Where do you hide the other two ?

Was a frustrating 1st half of the season !!

Team isn't strong, capable but too inconsistent. Really light on runs

1 day campaign had us beating the 2 weaker sides than us and being hammered in most of the others

2 dayers have been a last over loss, and a draw due to a rainout in the 2nd one against the weakest side when we were in a dominant position.

Personally a mixed bag. Couldn't buy a wicket for a while, plenty of grassed chances,then hit a really good patch. Got about 13 I think with a couple of 4fers

Batting, been working hard but getting out in crap ways. Around 150 runs @ 20 I think. The game that was rained out I was 65* with 2 wickets in hand and 9 overs left so a chance at a rare ton gone begging

First game back on the weekend after a long layoff. Didn't bowl and got a duck. Sensational. Hopefully this weekend will see me troubling the scorers. Probably should have hit the nets to work out some of the cobwebs.

Been back at it 2 weeks now, played 4 T20 games

1st week was prems, 4/18 from 4 then 1/17 from 1 haha. Wasn't required with the blade in either game as we won both easily

Back to my 2nds side last weekend. 2 losses. 1/18 from 4 and 2/17 from 3.1, 0 and 6 with the bat, 1st game managed to tickle a leg side ball to the keeper 1st nut

5 days left in the season now. My side came good for about 3-4 weeks now we are battling again. Current game we made 97 and they replied with 219, plenty of work to do tomorrow but rain may save us there

Having a pretty solid and consistent year with the bat, about 380 @ 28 with a couple of 50s in there, up to 24 6s which helps the tally out lol

Bowling, been a bit of a shocker with the ball, really battling with the body and it is showing in the results, 29 wickets at around 24. Took 5/33 to get us home in a game and been rubbish since then

We have been based on our oval for 107 years, and 3 weeks ago got informed we are being given the punt at the end of the season so they can make it into an international venue

This Saturday our season ends but it all done and dusted mainly for me now as I have a wedding to go to

Team wise, horrendous season. Personally, mixed

463 runs and 34 wickets, happy with the bat, unhappy with the ball

Off to Auckland in a couple of weeks for the Club Cricket National Champs

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4