Why did we buy Hastings

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I think there may be some confusion yes poor attitude at the rorters but i havent read anywhere that its carried over to us since hes been here ?

Can anyone confirm ?

I think hes got alot to offer if hes deserving of it !

I think there may be some confusion yes poor attitude at the rorters but i havent read anywhere that its carried over to us since hes been here ?

Can anyone confirm ?

I think hes got alot to offer if hes deserving of it !
I think it's a case of Chinese whispers. I remember reading in another thread someone guessing that MAYBE he wasn't in First Grade because his attitude problem had resurfaced.
Now someone in this thread says that they'd read in another thread that he has an attitude problem.
See how this **** works?

Wow ok would love to know what the attitude problem is. My kids and I have spoken to him quite a bit he is always so interested with fans, takes the time to get to know you and looks like he tries to be so enthusiastic when on the field. He definitely doesn't come across as having an attitude problem.
He also seems like a really caring bloke on twitter.

He also seems like a really caring bloke on twitter.

The most obvious explanation is usually the right one!!

The coach thinks he is SH*T and the idiots who originally signed him aren't the ones picking the team!

The fact that fans on the forum are advocating giving Hastings a game shows you how rough Manly are running in terms of player depth!

We can't replace our useless winger!
We cant replace our useless centre!
We can't replace our useless 5/8!
We can't replace our useless locks!

The bloke who has built this squad has done a slap up special job!!

Hastings apparently had an attitude problem at the Chooks.

Bozo is friends with Kevin Hastings from his days at Easts.

Do the math.

The coach thinks he is SH*T and the idiots who originally signed him aren't the ones picking the team!

The fact that fans on the forum are advocating giving Hastings a game shows you how rough Manly are running in terms of player depth!

Wow!!!!! Ten exclamation marks in one post!!!!!!
Mods, is this a record?

My recollection is that there was talk about his development being carefully handled, ie. play him for a couple of games, give him a spell in NSW cup etc. The thought is that too much was expected of him too soon at the Roosters and Manly/Barrett were attempting to work a long term plan.

Of course it's possible there are new issues that are changing that plan.

As soon as Lewis Brown scored that try against the Roosters I knew we would be stuck with Brown on the bench for the rest of the year and probably a contract extension. *sigh*

Hastings has alot of potential and Green is entering his last year next year.

If the club see him as the long term 5/8 they will invest in his development and probably offering a sizeable contract extension.

Mabye the club also decided that to compete this year we needed 3 front rowers and Browns size on the bench. Hastings started to drop off the bench when Darcy started playing again.

I think there was a mention in previous thread that he was on the outer due to an attitude problem.
Isn't that the same reason the Roosters got rid of him? I remember him admitting as much & promising he had learnt a valuable lesson & that Manly had given him a new outlook. I hope for his sake he has not returned to that behaviour.

If they keep him him in reserves and his form warrants first grade selection, id be pretty unhappy about the situation if it was me ( if you have your head down asse up having ago ). Id bet his manager is looking elsewhere for 18 .

So Jake is a useless Lock eh? Not as useless as your comments mate!

How would you do it? What is your solution?

as a young player he's better off getting experienced running a young team around in reggies, week in, week out, in his chosen position(i'm presuming 5/8?) than playing 7-8 minutes a half as a utility.

unless he wants to be a utility?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10