Why has Hasler lost the playing group?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
My post was very toung in cheek mate. The complete rubbish on this thread from earlier in the year was very funny.
I agree and have not felt this way about Des and the side. However I’m not really sure what purpose this serves in dragging up an old thread when people were feeling down and pissed about how we were traveling at the time. There will be more threads like this to come no doubt. Just peoples opinions at a point in time, who cares. What is the saying opinions are like arseholes, everybody has one?

Was ridiculous the way people were calling for des to leave. Especially with noone better available to take over.

I wanted Parker suli and Garrick dropped when we were losing.. now we are winning, I want Parker and suli dropped with Garrick to see what happens with a quality centre beside him...

The only thing I regret is saying Jake looks tired and past it. He's been running like a demon the last month, better and more dangerous ball in hand than he has been since about 2017...
Less ball playing, harder running really suits his game

Some people have short memories. I haven't forgotten nor will I forget the 18 months that preceded our current run of form. One win from about 12 starts. It was horrendous and Des's post match interviews during the first three weeks of this season were concerning. Des seems to have found his mojo again and even his post match interviews have improved significantly. I am as excited as anyone else about our current run of form but it doesn't change history not does it provide a foundation for the I told you so rhetoric. I'm happy to look ahead with positivity but history has not changed.

Some people have short memories. I haven't forgotten nor will I forget the 18 months that preceded our current run of form. One win from about 12 starts. It was horrendous and Des's post match interviews during the first three weeks of this season were concerning. Des seems to have found his mojo again and even his post match interviews have improved significantly. I am as excited as anyone else about our current run of form but it doesn't change history not does it provide a foundation for the I told you so rhetoric. I'm happy to look ahead with positivity but history has not changed.
Des has been a superb coach for a very long time - historically speaking.

I won’t question Des but I’ll hold fire on his turnaround of the team until the squad gets the likes of Sironen,Gosiewski,Walker etc available again because other than TomT’s return,the players that have been brought in out of necessity have performed beautifully and I worry Des will bring in the others

I won’t question Des but I’ll hold fire on his turnaround of the team until the squad gets the likes of Sironen,Gosiewski,Walker etc available again because other than TomT’s return,the players that have been brought in out of necessity have performed beautifully and I worry Des will bring in the others
There is zero chance that Des will drop the likes of Haumole and Schuster for Gossie. Injuries permitting, of course. Let's not forget - they have just signed long term contract extensions. Many were predicting those lads would sign elsewhere due to disenfranchisement. Wrong.

Suli is playing off the bench despite him being available to replace Harper. Certain posters falsely pre-empted that dinosaur Des would dump Lionel once Moses returned. Wrong again.

Last edited:
I agree and have not felt this way about Des and the side. However I’m not really sure what purpose this serves in dragging up an old thread when people were feeling down and pissed about how we were traveling at the time. There will be more threads like this to come no doubt. Just peoples opinions at a point in time, who cares. What is the saying opinions are like arseholes, everybody has one?
Unfortunately for many of us we had to listen to the experts curse and moan over and over and over again.
The purpose of reprising this discussion was simply to suggeat that instead of looking at the end of ones nose thay look at the world around them.
Yes it was a bad time. Yes it was hard to watch. But there were reasons and given just a little time Des did ok. The boys did ok and the team WILL do ok. Just have some faith.

Unfortunately for many of us we had to listen to the experts curse and moan over and over and over again.
The purpose of reprising this discussion was simply to suggeat that instead of looking at the end of ones nose thay look at the world around them.
Yes it was a bad time. Yes it was hard to watch. But there were reasons and given just a little time Des did ok. The boys did ok and the team WILL do ok. Just have some faith.
Well said!

May not be politically correct but I told you so is one of life's great pleasures!
Told You So Comedy GIF by NETFLIX

May not be politically correct but I told you so is one of life's great pleasures!
Told You So Comedy GIF by NETFLIX
Except when forced to hear it from an elderly numbnut with a track record of getting it wrong.
"See, I told ya so biatch."
"Okay, but what about the ten other instances where you got it so horribly wrong."
Cue - the sound of crickets.
"E= MC squared - I told ya so biatch."

The one that had me completely baffled was picking Suli over Harper. I'm glad that injuries forced Des to see sense but that was utter madness.

I like Des. But unless we had those injuries he’d still be trotting out Suli, JetSki, Siro, Tafua, and Walker.
The big test is as @Nordburg alluded to. What does Des do when his pets are ready to play. That will be the mark of the coach imo.
Guaca would still be playing for Workers, the most baffling decision under Des has been playing JetSki over Guaca!

The one that had me completely baffled was picking Suli over Harper. I'm glad that injuries forced Des to see sense but that was utter madness.
Again hindsight.

Im no fan of Suli but hes got a lot of FG experence and has performed in the past.
Morgan at the time had no Reserve grade time last year and had little to no NRL experience.
Knowing what i know now its Harper 100% for me. Time will tell.
Same for Gauc.

Guaca would still be playing for Workers, the most baffling decision under Des has been playing JetSki over Guaca!
No chance. He would have made the step up by now with a few games under his belt.

I dont understand the rationale behind a ststement above when Des has signed Gauc to a long term deal and Jetski remains unsigned. Why sign guys that you wont use to long term deals?

Players just need get some gametime before Des will consider them for FG.

Shoe would have been in the side earlier last year had he had half a season playing against men at blacktown. Same for Gauc.

Finally i do wonder if not playing Shoe earlier was more a contract extension issue rather than anything else?

Think about it. Des drops Shie into 5/8 half way thru last year. Kid goes well to start then really shines. Why put one of your best in the shopping window when you dont really need to before he resigns?

I like Des. But unless we had those injuries he’d still be trotting out Suli, JetSki, Siro, Tafua, and Walker.
The big test is as @Nordburg alluded to. What does Des do when his pets are ready to play. That will be the mark of the coach imo.
I like you mate - but if you really believe that. I don't know what to say. But using your own logic - riddle me this.

- Why did Des extend Haumole for 3 years before he played a game in firsts this year?

- Why did he extend Schuster?

- Why did both those guys re-sign?

- Why hasn't he extended Gossie?

- Why hasn't Sironen been extended yet?

- Why hasn't Boyle been extended?

- Why is Jorge playing in Blacktown?

- Why did Des sign Harper?

- Why has Saab played every game?

- Why is Suli on the bench?

- Why is Croker playing so well?

- Are you saying Walker shouldn't play FG?

Love to read your thoughts.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12