Why has Hasler lost the playing group?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Because they see the game is now different.
Clearly Des thinks it isn't.
Because the players are not dumb and know what is needed to complete.
Clearly Des doesn't.
Because the players know who should be in the team.
Clearly Des doesn't.

If he talks to them the way he does to the media with all the mumbling and scratching and his vast array of non sequiters, then they probably haven't got the first clue what he's talking about.
How lost would they be feeling?

Things are vastly different in football teams than they were just 15 years ago ... apart from the universal rise of the entitled me me generation into the playing ranks comes all the gansta wantabee culture and social media posturing and perceived self image of 20 year old numbnuts having warm smoke blown up their over payed clackers by mercenary player agents ....

Apart from that I would think Dessie fits in fine ...

Some like Bennett adapt ... some will struggle ...

Because they are comfortable in the fact that you can miss 6 tackles knock on 3 times and give away a few penalties per game but come team sheet tuesday you will still be picked to play no matter how much of a plodder you are also knowing your on a fat pay packet and you can constantly stuff up bit still get paid for it and not be held accountable for it because the coach doesnt care anyway !

Its the dream job really

Hasler is from a different era, the players need a task master mixed with modern coaching. We look so out of touch of what is needed.

When you also send a message to your younger players that in spite of the crap form of the tried and established players failing week in week out, he sticks with them and ignores players who are desperate for a crack.

This is how I read it.

Pandering to players is the best way to lose them. Them seeing there are no consequences .....its fatal.

I coach, (soccer and at a junior level ) the big thing I find is that whilst it really is generation me me me....they don't respect a coach with no backbone. They will whinge and moan.....but they aren't stupid....kids and young adults are very perceptive. They know causal links, and if they see no consequences....they won't care....when they realize there is....they adapt. And amazingly quickly,

Same reason the dogs didn't respond to him in his last couple of years there

His game plan is 5 years old and hasn't changed whereas the game has

If you watch the panthers their game is built on explosive speed and they train for it We look like we have trained for a marathon and are in slow motion

The panthers attack is slick with players in motion and running as hard as they can Quick play the balls where as ours is abysmal We look yards slower than any team we have played this year

The panthers have also designed their defence on the storm technique - one player around the legs to stop after contact yards and two up top They nearly always turn the attacker on their back which gives them a few extra seconds to set their defence

If you look at our defence we are lucky to have two in tackle and panthers players nearly always were tackled on their stomach and could easily get up and play the ball

Our game plan is for the dark ages and needs to change

I don't know why Hasler cannot see this Maybe too many head knocks catching up with him

If he talks to them the way he does to the media with all the mumbling and scratching and his vast array of non sequiters, then they probably haven't got the first clue what he's talking about.
How lost would they be feeling?
“non sequiturs” that is the best description of Des’ incongruous babbling I have ever heard. Love it.

Gold medal goes to @Budgewoi Eagle

Last edited:
He's been using Apple maps, should have used waze mate

Looks like he found it don't you think?
Don't think he ever lost the playing group actually. Des has always maintained strong rapport with the players at Manly. Fortress mentality, playing group under the radar, Manly players against everybody else (including owners and club administrators etc). He didn't have this with the Bulldogs, but who gives a **** about the Bulldogs anyway?

Have not seen think kind of hunger since the dominant period between 2007 - 2013

Don't think he ever lost the playing group actually. Des has always maintained strong rapport with the players at Manly. Fortress mentality, playing group under the radar, Manly players against everybody else (including owners and club administrators etc). He didn't have this with the Bulldogs, but who gives a **** about the Bulldogs anyway?
My post was very toung in cheek mate. The complete rubbish on this thread from earlier in the year was very funny.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8