Why. Why was our pack so dominant.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
There was a LOT to play for last night!!

Played a big part in the win.
True and there was bugger all to player for the past seven games before that. Maybe this is the secret, the coach needs to find something to play for because it seems doing what you are paid to do isn't it.

The coaching team have started a competition between the forwards and the backs. The forwards claim the backs aren't finishing well and getting tries. The backs claim the forwards aren't putting in and gaining the yards and room they need to work.

In house competition is great!

The result? Forwards manning up and hitting the line hard, and backs doing their job and getting the points. Then there's Jamie B. He just does it all himself!!

@:p

This may not be a popular post, and certainly not to take away from the dominance shown by our forwards, but I thought we got the better of the refereeing last night, particularly around the ruck. I thought we were allowed to slow the play the ball to a far greater degree than the Dragons were. Not that I'm complaining, we were certainly due for a game where decisions went our way, but that's just the way I saw it.

110%

AND

For the very first time this year !

I thought the opposite.Dugan got away with murder in the last line of defence all night,particularly in the red zone..Should have been more penalties and a binning.

One of the blights on the game is the giving away of early tackle penalties in the redzone to reset defence.Roosters were masters of it over that 3 year period at the top.Need to bin a few.

It was a continuation of last week.
You can't say the drags caused our win. We've lost to worse teams this year.
The forwards are running with purpose and aggression and they're offloading. The backs are starting to get some cohesion, which is all that was lacking in the Cows game.
The defense is working as a unit. Sure Saints were horrible but 4 or 5 weeks ago we would have found a way to let them score 20 and even with Cherry playing we wouldn't have beaten that.

It all stems from enthusiasm and communication. We know that most of them are individually very talented. I can't help but think the extra enthusiasm could come from two notable absences not bringing everyone's vibe down. Myles and I hate to say it, Snake.
Myles should never play first grade for us again. Even Burgess has contributed more than him, in one game. How can Snake be justified at fullback? I always figured he ran the defense, but last night was the best it's been.

Every set we made so many metres.
Im sure my wife was shocked to see me smiling whilst watching footy.
Its been along time between smirks.
My Mrs use too watch the footy with me but due to the season and a half we've had my Mrs leaves the room now when the footy is on lol and let me say she is a knights supporter and she was more happy manly won than I was..

True and there was bugger all to player for the past seven games before that. Maybe this is the secret, the coach needs to find something to play for because it seems doing what you are paid to do isn't it.

I take your point Ralphie, it should be enough, but it never is. A team is a strange mix of attitudes, personalities and priorities.

When asked what is the hardest thing about coaching, the great Jack Gibson said " to continually give your team a reason each week, why they must win this game"

The entire team was inspired after a mid week video session. They watched Nacho Libre!

nacho.jpg

My Mrs use too watch the footy with me but due to the season and a half we've had my Mrs leaves the room now when the footy is on lol and let me say she is a knights supporter and she was more happy manly won than I was..
Last night my wife says what's the score?
I saw 26-0.
She says to who?

There was a time she didn't have to ask.

This may not be a popular post, and certainly not to take away from the dominance shown by our forwards, but I thought we got the better of the refereeing last night, particularly around the ruck. I thought we were allowed to slow the play the ball to a far greater degree than the Dragons were. Not that I'm complaining, we were certainly due for a game where decisions went our way, but that's just the way I saw it.
The Badger is happy to let a football game get played instead of a whistle fest.

Checcin or Cummins etc would have blown 15 or more penalties and killed the momentum..

Edit: there was still 16 penalties blown lol... And that's a "good" game..

The Badger is happy to let a football game get played instead of a whistle fest.

Checcin or Cummins etc would have blown 15 or more penalties and killed the momentum..

Edit: there was still 16 penalties blown lol... And that's a "good" game..

a game of 2 halves, 5 in the first, 11 in the second

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7