WHy would we play a HOME game away at suncorp?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Duff you are a tosser.

The club needs to take two games a year away for dollars....the dollars they get at Suncorp is about double what they get at BT and way way more than Brookvale.

And besides there's just as many Manly fans up here as there is down there....Suncorp was full of them last night.

would you lot rather go to Gosford??

and piss off Darren, you know what i'm getting at, or didnt one of your 3 degrees introduce you to the concpet of irony??

for the record yes brookie is dated and past it, but who cares its brookie..

Duff has ruffled a few feathers here but I think that at the core of what he is saying, he is right.

We'd all like for the club to be in a position go play all of it's home games out of Brookvale Oval. We're a northern beaches club & should play out of the northern beaches. Unfortunately we need the money to keep going & Brissie is the best option in this case.

As Fro said, I'd rather Suncorp than Bluetounge.

I love Brookie, home of our Sea Eagles BUT the game is driven by dollars today and to survive we need to move a couple of games away....and as I say there's HUGE support in SEQ and Northern NSW for the brand so why not give them (us) a piece of the pie as well.

And from the words of our coach last night " we LOVE coming up here, we do NOT fear Suncorp and if we get an opportunity to do this again in 2012 we WILL".

It's Lang Park.

Yea, the money is it.
Someone else said Manly gets $500k from that game, is that right? That's a lot.
Also Lang Park is one of the great sports stadiums in the Southern Hemisphere, it's great to have a few out-of-towner's home games there.
Not to mention the QLD/BNE-based supporters of other teams that come to play a "home" game there.

Yea, and I really love Brookie as a fan, old-school, close-to-the-action, great memories ground etc.
But honestly it does need a bit of a revamp including to improve the gamedays revenue coming in.

Fro, you said "now the ground is too old as well?" I see most people's irony and humour but at present you have a shot at me each time I post. I can't tell which way you are speaking.

Your comment after my post is a shot at me, if I ain't bagging the club out or players, don't reply with your humour towards me. Can you stop with the degree stuff as well please! I enjoy the forum and been a member for many years but tired of the comments at me. I ain't writing any junior reports or suggesting any kids anymore so commenting on stuff like everyone else.

Because we got a heap of money from the game,because thousands of Manly supporters up here got to see and support this great team,because we love playing at Suncorp as our record there is awesome, because it was a fantastic night and I got blind beyond belief. Wish they would do it every 2nd week except it would cost me a fortune in $7.70 burbons.

ssar said:
Also Lang Park is one of the great sports stadiums in the Southern Hemisphere, it's great to have a few out-of-towner's home games there.

Have to disagree, I went there un-biased, but it was just SFS with 10,000 more seats to me, nothing any better than any other ground.

There were a few more bars and toilets, but that is an easy problem to fix at alot of grounds.

And some people talk about the good feeling in the crowd up there, the Broncos fans were disgraceful in my mind.

Duff said:
So the bogans from Vegas get 13 games a year & we get 10?

Real fair.

f**k them. They should be put in homes & we given inheritances. That's how I see it.
I'm betteter than anyone from QLD. Worship me.

Well, apparently real life makes you c**ts better than me. f**k off. I'm angry at the way everything is weighted to your undeserved benefit. Inbreds.

It was Manlys choice to move the game to Brisbane so we can hardly cry unfair. I love going up there and hope we move our home game up there next year too.

Cambo commented to me on fri nite,should we win this year (when we win!),we should negotiate with the ESL and move the game to Thailand-cheap as.I suggested Las Vegas.Maybe we should get on board with "rusty",and move a game to LA or NY for a cool guaranteed 500K to 1mil.My gripe with moving games is-even though we get a good core group up there,we are still drowned out when the bonkos did something good.At brookie,any good plays they make would be met with silence,or boos,taking away any impetus they'd get.Good for $$$s,but I wonder what we'd get for moving a game to the SFS?

Darren said:
Fro, you said "now the ground is too old as well?" I see most people's irony and humour but at present you have a shot at me each time I post. I can't tell which way you are speaking.

Your comment after my post is a shot at me, if I ain't bagging the club out or players, don't reply with your humour towards me. Can you stop with the degree stuff as well please! I enjoy the forum and been a member for many years but tired of the comments at me. I ain't writing any junior reports or suggesting any kids anymore so commenting on stuff like everyone else.

Mate you threw your educational rubbish in the mix, nobody else.

The level of what a man has achieved in that sense is totally irrelevant to anything apart from the field it is in, if you have 3 degrees in RL then good for you and that may have something to do with it, otherwise so what??

But I shall desist as requested.

Aside from the huge Manly support in SE Qld (and I have been fortunate to have been at Goldie and Suncorp and it is really true), the money angle for moving the game keeps getting smaller. First it was 500k, then at 250k, and now the Manly Daily says probably 200k:
http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/eagles-land-200-000/

Maybe it is $200k more than they would get at Brookie, anyway that is how I read the article but I agree it seems to get smaller all the time

Stu...guaranteed $250K....and had we filled the place could have been up to $500K.

There will be a "wash up" of the funds at some point so more could be coming.

I think the Manly Daily may well be wrong

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8