Will Hopoate

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
A big NO!! He turned his back on the club that gave him a chance and took the coin to play for our enemy.
Also to be fair to hoppa i did read that he informed manly of the slimes offer and they wished him well and supported him as they did not want to hold him back from that sort of money and knew at the time they where unable to match it, in saying it's a no from me we have enough handy backs.....unless parra are paying his way, then he can come back home and we can play him against parra knowing there paying him that would be justice for being...well parra dogs.

Er.....no thanks.

For my money Will Hopoate is just about the most overrated player currently in the NRL, and that is a list that include goat herder Hasson. His form since returning from his 2 year mission (he boldly went where many Mormon's had gone before :p) has been mediocre at best for the Speels and for the life of me I will never understand how in hell he got picked in all 3 Origin games this year.

Let's face facts, Killer " must" be close to pulling the pin at the end of 2016, yeah I know he's contracted to 2017 but I can't see him taking that up if he's not performing and Jamie Lyon wouldn't be the type of player to finish his career in the reserves.

And , his partner in crime on the other side must also be close to the end, he's playing busted the whole time and in all honesty both of them are really at the end of their days.

So now to Hoppa Jnr, forget that he deserted us ( wouldn't you for $925k a year for two years) and forget his last name, this kid knows how to play and sure he's not been at his best BUT if he was on a mininimum contract for 12 months , with the possibility of taking over one of those two positions IF one or both decide to retire then I reckon we whould grab him.

If he however is demanding $650k a year, then he can whistle Dixie.

Killer and Skivy being at the end of their careers is why I wish the club had kept Gutho.

The eels are an absolute basket case. Another good player destroyed in their system. Foran is off his head going anywhere near that joint. Like watmough, Shackleton, poore, Hoppa and countless others his career will be ruined.

I can't imagine he would be cheap, so thanks but no thanks.

I don't begrudge him taking the cash from the Eels, it was ridiculous money and so good on him, but he just hasn't been the same player that we had in 2011.

The article on him asking to sit out Sunday games shows that the Mormons are his focus and not his trade :wondering: Now that he is an Elder and a married man, Will should be honest with himself and stick to his religious calling.

Waratahs will swoop. NRL will lose another.

I hope this happens. I actually like watching Folau play now that he's not a part of the Storm or Broncos. We can't afford Hoppa anyway so I'd rather see him running around for the Waratahs and Wallabies than the Eels or Roosters.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6