Will Manly beat the storm?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I agree that we are a chance to win, but I think that the Storm might get us this week. This is not to say that I don't think that we can beat 'em come finals time. J.Lyon is an integral part of our backline because of the strength of his defence, moreso than his attack. I think that he is the guy to shut down Inglis or Folau as he is the kind of defender that is not gonna be fended of by Inglis, or overpowered by Folau. Without Lyon to nullify at least one of these two has me a tad worried. Say what you like about never tackling low any more but I think against Inglis you have to, same with Folau.

We need to nullify slater, and the easy way is to do what the Warriors did, chip it in just behind the defensive line and in front of slater, he then has to come forward and get the ball stop and start again, losing all his momentum toward the line.

Then our Forwards can smash them hold them down there and leave it to a long kicking game for them.

We need to hopefully have a ref who isn't going to try and be the man who decides the game

Slater didn't play against the Warriors mate, was suspended

Just do what NSW did in Game 1, kick it to him and smash the **** out of him

Ah maybe ai should have watched the game

As a matter of interest, Zorba said on 2KY on Sunday that BK is flying down for the match on Friday.

Interesting to read everyone's thoughts. There's people on both sides of the debate that's been going on in our house, ie: must win game (Mrs B) and not the end of the world if we lose a high class close one (me) as we will retain belief and I think it will make the Storm complacent if we play them in the finals.

Similarities to the 90's. Manly lose 95 GF after being best team thru season. Manly focus like machines on winning in 96 ans succeed. Manly beat Newcastle 10 times in a row before 97 GF and lose.
Melb lose 06 GF after being best team thru season. Melb focus like machines on winning in 07 and succeed. Melb have apparent wood on Manly before 08 GF and............
Anyway, gotta get there first.

Can't wait for Friday. The atmosphere in the hour before kick off at Brookie last year against Melb was the best I have felt before a regular comp game. A lot has happened since then so it is going to be massive this time around.
We have improved from last year & I think Melb's focus has dropped a little but they will be well and truly up for this challenge and so will we.

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=178044.msg191949#msg191949 date=1217819499]
Is Choco out?
I'm not sure i thought he was,can anyone else confirm this.
[/quote]

According to Max Delmege at the club after friday nights game he sais that he spoke to choc in the dressing room and choc said he was very hopeful and he thinks he will play

I have no doubt that he will play tbh, i think it would take an army to keep him off the field for this one

He has fluid on the knee is that is one of those injuries you just can't needle up for. Again - why risk this week if there is a risk of losing him again.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Slater didn't play against the Warriors mate, was suspended

Just do what NSW did in Game 1, kick it to him and smash the S**t out of him

and what Manly did to Cronulla's Kearney as well

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8