Will Manly counter offer?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Manly gave him a break when he was wanted by no one.
He demanded an upgrade even though he was contracted.
Manly engaged Andrew Johns to mentor him.
No appreciation so...
No thanks!!!
Yes he is good but kidding himself to think he is in same class as JT.
Also, ostensibly a cancer to the team.
To endure this now and again in three years???
No thanks!!!
I get the feeling that his act of playing out his contract negotiations in public has pissed off players and supporters alike to the stage where I think we will all be glad that he goes as he seems only concerned about the money and not playing for the club.

He is coming across as a grub now

Funny how millions of dollars were being quoted and now we have Kelly saying we won't match 800k a season. Shows how far off some media can be.
The article also implies that we very well could offer more money to both but I'm glad Kelly doesn't seem intimidated.
That's not to say I don't want them both to stay, because I really do, but if dce tells Manly to match the offer then his clear preference would be to stay here. Maybe Kelly calls his bluff or maybe he leaves. It's almost over.
Plenty of blokes out there who'll give anything to play first grade. Much like cherry would have a few years ago before Manly have him a chance.

Where did Joe Kelly ever say we won't match 800,000? Have you got a quote somewhere of him saying that?

I get the feeling that his act of playing out his contract negotiations in public has pissed off players and supporters alike to the stage where I think we will all be glad that he goes as he seems only concerned about the money and not playing for the club.

He is coming across as a grub now
Spot on Tookey. I'd like to see some loyalty and there's been none in evidence from him or Foran.

Its funny how 2 weeks ago we were sure Foz would go to parra, and DCE to stay, and now its the other way round.

Ill admit, for kid who has always seemingly been a genuine guy, its been disappointing to see this being played out in the media. Ive always thought highly of DCE both on and off the field, but the public displays of visiting clubs is a poor look (not that there is anything wrong with visiting a club, just try be more subtle about it). I have no doubt Orr has something to do with this.

Foz, whilst he may sign elsewhere, has been much more professional about his negotiation.

The professional way he and his manager have handled these negotiations makes me want to keep him twice as much. We should double our offer - but only on the proviso that the club gets 10% of the royalties from the mini series when it is released.

There is no way I could offer either more than what Brett or Killer are on. They simply aren't that good and don't deserve to be paid the same money as legends of our club.

Enjoy the Eels and the Sharks I say.
In the 60's many followed you, since then, not so many.
But thanks for your support
(We are currently awaiting a reply to our membership offer to Donovan)

I wonder how many people actually know the truth about any of this.

My guess is not many. Frankly, I'm losing interest.

I agree Bob,DCE is off to the titans(Dave Smith will make sure of it) and Foz hasn't committed to us yet even though he's had ample time.It's time to enact plan B and blood LJ and MR.The figures bandied about are an insult to the likes of Killer,Snake and Matty B

Where did Joe Kelly ever say we won't match 800,000? Have you got a quote somewhere of him saying that?
The article fibro eagle posted, he's quoted as saying "We think what we've got at Manly is desirable to both players and what we've offered them is as far as we can stretch within our budget."
If cherry wants Manly to match Cronullas offer and Kelly said what he's already offered is as far as they can stretch, it sounds like Manly won't match it. Could be playing games in the media though.
The article also says Kelly won't break the bank to keep them, which to me says there's room in the cap but they have other plans.

I have reached the end of my tether today.
I can stomach him considering offers from the Titans or the Sharks, but the Dragons and Bulldogs as well?.
I'm starting to feel like I just want him to go - now - no more games in a Manly jersey.
Madness.

I agree Bob,DCE is off to the titans(Dave Smith will make sure of it) and Foz hasn't committed to us yet even though he's had ample time.It's time to enact plan B and blood LJ and MR.The figures bandied about are an insult to the likes of Killer,Snake and Matty B

Titans are going to have a LOT of cap space free very shortly. And both the Titans, and the NRL need a poster boy ASAP..

The article fibro eagle posted, he's quoted as saying "We think what we've got at Manly is desirable to both players and what we've offered them is as far as we can stretch within our budget."
If cherry wants Manly to match Cronullas offer and Kelly said what he's already offered is as far as they can stretch, it sounds like Manly won't match it. Could be playing games in the media though.
The article also says Kelly won't break the bank to keep them, which to me says there's room in the cap but they have other plans.

I can see what you are getting at, but the figure of 800,000 from the Sharks is a newspaper journo speculation, so there is no proof of any of it. The whole thing is a shamozzle and Journo's just print made up figures and scenarios that make it worse.

Joe Kelly states in the article

"However, he concedes the reported $2.4 million, three-year offer tabled by Cronulla to Cherry-Evans may be out of the Sea Eagles' reach and won't threaten the club's future by breaking the bank to keep the premiership-winning halves combination".

Unless I am reading this wrong to me that sounds like we didn't offer DCE $3.3 over 3 years and the highest bid he has received is the gummies $2.4mil over 3 which he also states will be hard for Manly to match. (This just proves how much crap is being speculated by the media).

I like that Joe is taking the front foot here. He is saying here is our offer take it or leave it we won't be held to ransom. You are either Manly or you’re not.

If FOZ and DCE both leave so be it. We play best when our back are to the walls and lets do what we do best and that is develop new talent.

Being an old Arko admirer, I doubt very much that he would ever had let it get this far, he was always on the front foot. Thank you godfather for everything you have done for this mighty club.

I’m not going to bag the two players, yes I will be bitter if they leave. So be it CHIT Happens so let it happen sooner than later so everyone can move on. But if both stay a few on here might be eating humble pie. mmm PIE :)

The media keeps saying they will announce by the end of the week but also makes no mention of us having our launch Thursday which would seem the perfect time to announce resignings.

"It's believed the Sea Eagles squad were less then enamoured with Cherry-Evans' very public meeting with Cronulla at Sharkies Leagues Club on Monday with a TV crew on hand to film his arrival alongside manager Gavin Orr."
IF this is true, he MUST go. We need a united squad now more than ever.

This is going to be one long news day.

My bet is the anount of posts doubles

Surely both DCE and Foran cannot go into the launch of our season tomorrow not having announced their intentions.

Will watch with interest like everyone

I imagine the rumours of Taumalolo and anither Burgess may heat up if one doesn't sign. Our backline is pretty settled. We will obviously need a half and hey will have to address that. But strike forwards will be key.
This is going to be one long news day.

My bet is the anount of posts doubles

Surely both DCE and Foran cannot go into the launch of our season tomorrow not having announced their intentions.

Will watch with interest like everyone
At least we are close to knowing.

I assume if you are the club, you hold off announcing until the launch for maximum impact. Look at the amount of coverage these two get. You'd almost think there are no other players off contract next year in the NRL.

Now think what happens if they announce they are resigning tomorrow. A week out from the start of the season. The media has already started up their annual "Manly are old/in turmoil/Tooves under pressure/this is the year they miss the 8" garbage.

They announce the resignings and boom - All of a sudden, we are right back in it, business as usual for us but the media has to move on and find a new story to beat into the ground.

Last thing - If you think about it - Foz wanted to sign SOMEWHERE before the start of the season. He has stated he has no other offers on the table. We have resigned Matai which really, was a good faith gesture to the man and team. I think Foz is in the bag (IMO). DCE - I think the size of the offers being thrown around from other clubs is bull****. I think DCE also while wanting to be the man, knows he needs a squad capable of making him look good. If he goes to the Tits or wooden spooners, not happening. If he has to force it and make things happen on the field, he isn't a top half. That's not his go. He needs talent around him and he lifts to that. He only gets that at one place. Maybe the Dogs in which case, fine, we'll take their half back for less money and move on.

Anyway, only one more day until hopefully, we don't have to waste another word or second thinking about this...

Correct me if I'm wrong (there's been some fantastic numbers allegedly offered of late!) but I thought our offer was only bettered by Parra's to Foz?

I *think* our offer was something like $1M/season, adding $100k each year, for a total well over $3M for 3 years... I'm not sure on that though.

So far the Tits offer was $3m/3yrs, and the guppies was $2.5M (not sure how long?) to DCE. I thought the offer to Foz was $1.2/yr from Parra but I'm losing track of all the bullsh*t coin being thrown so blithely around lol..
That's what I thought, then cronulla allegedly offered 2.4m over three years. Allegedly this was more than ours. Seems the numbers are all speculation

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4