Will Manly counter offer?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I lost interest a few weeks ago. imo DCE is not worth the money being reported in the media, he will be a great player in the future and it would have been great if he wanted to stay but it seems its all about the money for him. Im fine with him wanting to leave but to drag it out in the media for this long leaves me feeling resentment towards him. Hopefully we can at least keep Foz.

I imagine the rumours of Taumalolo and anither Burgess may heat up if one doesn't sign. Our backline is pretty settled. We will obviously need a half and hey will have to address that. But strike forwards will be key.

At least we are close to knowing.

I assume if you are the club, you hold off announcing until the launch for maximum impact. Look at the amount of coverage these two get. You'd almost think there are no other players off contract next year in the NRL.

Now think what happens if they announce they are resigning tomorrow. A week out from the start of the season. The media has already started up their annual "Manly are old/in turmoil/Tooves under pressure/this is the year they miss the 8" garbage.

They announce the resignings and boom - All of a sudden, we are right back in it, business as usual for us but the media has to move on and find a new story to beat into the ground.

Last thing - If you think about it - Foz wanted to sign SOMEWHERE before the start of the season. He has stated he has no other offers on the table. We have resigned Matai which really, was a good faith gesture to the man and team. I think Foz is in the bag (IMO). DCE - I think the size of the offers being thrown around from other clubs is bull****. I think DCE also while wanting to be the man, knows he needs a squad capable of making him look good. If he goes to the Tits or wooden spooners, not happening. If he has to force it and make things happen on the field, he isn't a top half. That's not his go. He needs talent around him and he lifts to that. He only gets that at one place. Maybe the Dogs in which case, fine, we'll take their half back for less money and move on.

Anyway, only one more day until hopefully, we don't have to waste another word or second thinking about this...

Could not of said it better myself
This will be over one way or another by around 830 pm tomorrow night

Wonder if Dirty Des has been inviting Foz over to his place to have discussions......Hence him not playing it out in the media like DCE ?? The chooks and dogs have been too quiet in the speculation AFAIC.

Wonder if Dirty Des has been inviting Foz over to his place to have discussions......Hence him not playing it out in the media like DCE ?? The chooks and dogs have been too quiet in the speculation AFAIC.

Bingo. This is my real worry, the titts and the sharks and parra are all subterfuge for the real action of dogs and chooks striking.

I imagine the rumours of Taumalolo and another Burgess may heat up if one doesn't sign. Our backline is pretty settled. We will obviously need a half and hey will have to address that. But strike forwards will be key.
It's it's it's like they all climbed up that bloody mountain for nothing!......nothing!!!!!!!!!
THINK BACK TO THE KAYAKS GUYS!!!

"It's believed the Sea Eagles squad were less then enamoured with Cherry-Evans' very public meeting with Cronulla at Sharkies Leagues Club on Monday with a TV crew on hand to film his arrival alongside manager Gavin Orr."
IF this is true, he MUST go. We need a united squad now more than ever.

Have watched the Foxsport story this morning & DCE almost looks embarrassed when he sees the TV crews.

As third party contracts are not club related he should take them and stay at manly. Get 200K from the sharks guys, 200K from the Gold coast and he is up 400K and still gets to stay at his club

Simples.

This is of course what all this charade has been about, upping the dollars by putting pressure on Manly.

My concern isnt the dollars, my concern isn't even the members/fans, my concern is how, if he gets a big increased offer and stays, is how it will affect the playing group.

We already hear ( perhaps more rumour) that they are not happy campers.

Interesting times indeed.

People move to the north side because of the schools, both public and private. They have the best reputations, naplan and other results. There are more families every year at our local primary that have moved from the south or west because of the schools.

If schools are a serious part of this decision then they would be mad to move.

Look, he resigns and hes a jerk for ripping off the club until he puts Snake through for a try haha

This is of course what all this charade has been about, upping the dollars by putting pressure on Manly.

My concern isnt the dollars, my concern isn't even the members/fans, my concern is how, if he gets a big increased offer and stays, is how it will affect the playing group.

We already hear ( perhaps more rumour) that they are not happy campers.

Interesting times indeed.
Not everything in the curious mail is true, especially when it comes to footy

Two people know the truth about this.
Neither of whom is yourself

Exactly my point SER8. But that doesn't stop us crapping on about it.
I think I'll just wait till the decision is made.
Enough of the will he, won't he.

I think Joe Kelly needs to identify one of the halves to keep and offer them accordingly rather than trying to split the money on both. Otherwise we'll end up with neither of them.

I think Joe Kelly needs to identify one of the halves to keep and offer them accordingly rather than trying to split the money on both. Otherwise we'll end up with neither of them.
Last Saturday at the trial in Gosford I was told Foz isn't going anywhere. But why the club hasn't announced it yet is beyond me? Maybe they're waiting for DCE's decision, I don't know.

Losing one will be hard ( although no one is ever irreplaceable ) , losing both is tanamount to a disaster and the new CEO will want more than his arse kicked if that was to happen.

Last Saturday at the trial in Gosford I was told Foz isn't going anywhere. But why the club hasn't announced it yet is beyond me? Maybe they're waiting for DCE's decision, I don't know.
I reckon if it is done they're waiting till season launch

If they both re sign on the money (reported) they want. I don't want 2 hear 1 of them complaining when they have 2 play behind a solid (not great) pack because they have squeezed every last dollar out of us (as they are entitled) Just don't complain.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6