Will we turn it around this week?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Will we turn it around this week?

• Yes

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • No

Votes: 45 68.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Like most of us I am looking forward to the game. Weekends are always sweeter if we win on a Friday night. Fingers crossed the boys learnt a bit from last week and just give it a decent crack. Go Manly.
We need to be satisfied with a “ decent crack “ but I’m just not sure the Silvertails faithful will be happy with anything less than perfection.

We need to be satisfied with a “ decent crack “ but I’m just not sure the Silvertails faithful will be happy with anything less than perfection.
A tightly contested match with a similar scoreline to the Souths game will be a massively positive result, regardless of winning or losing.

After that, a significant improvement on last week's effort, particularly in defence, will also be a fairly positive result.

But another lame display, especially if it's a 13+ loss, will signal a serious issue likely resulting in a long and difficult season

A tightly contested match with a similar scoreline to the Souths game will be a massively positive result, regardless of winning or losing.

After that, a significant improvement on last week's effort, particularly in defence, will also be a fairly positive result.

But another lame display, especially if it's a 13+ loss, will signal a serious issue likely resulting in a long and difficult season
I slightly disagree , on the score issue only.

A decade ago you’d get games like the one I witnessed where we scored 2, the Roosters 4, and one of the greatest games I’ve ever seen.

No try’s , unbelievable defence , game won on penalties.

But it’s 2023 now , and it’s VLandy’s Ball, and 20 points can be scored in 8 minutes so 13 + is really normal.

When a team gets a roll on , all the possession, back to back to back to back penalties and 6 agains , that team will win in a canter.

So to me if we lost say , 32-18 I’d consider that a fair result against a top 4 side , in your mind though that’s abysmal.

It’s just different opinions of course , none are 100% right ( or 100% wrong ).

I think they’ll have a crack , but we have a lot out , and a lot filling in , so I’d expect it could get ugly.

A decade ago you’d get games like the one I witnessed where we scored 2, the Roosters 4, and one of the greatest games I’ve ever seen.

But it’s 2023 now , and it’s VLandy’s Ball, and 20 points can be scored in 8 minutes so 13 + is really normal.

When a team gets a roll on , all the possession, back to back to back to back penalties and 6 agains , that team will win in a canter.

So to me if we lost say , 32-18 I’d consider that a fair result against a top 4 side , in your mind though that’s abysmal.

I think they’ll have a crack , but we have a lot out , and a lot filling in , so I’d expect it could get ugly.
Not to mention the spate of concussions, in which players are dropping left right and centre.

Fair point. I guess 32-18 loss will only be considered abysmal if Storm race out to a 20+ lead, and we kind of make the scoreline respectable as the game wanes. If it's a close contest all the way through, only for Storm to run away with it in the last quarter, then I think that would be hugely positive (despite the 13+)

Fair point. I guess 32-18 loss will only be considered abysmal if Storm race out to a 20+ lead, and we kind of make the scoreline respectable as the game wanes. If it's a close contest all the way through, only for Storm to run away with it in the last quarter, then I think that would be hugely positive (despite the 13+)
Yes that’s a much better way to look at it.

If we score tit for tat and it’s say 24-12 at half time , and ends up 32-18 with them running away in the end due to tiredness I’d put that down as a good result.

But if they run away to 28-0 at half time , and the ref gets us back into the game ( likehe did last week ) in the second half then that’s still a **** performance, regardless of what we score.

A shambles is losing 7 in a row.

Winning a couple , losing one in GP, drawing one and then getting flogged ( once ) isn’t a shambles.

Posters on here get so dramatic , anything less than perfection is apparently absolutely **** !!

Yes the last game was very very poor , and if you’re basing this statement on that game only you are right.

But one game doesn’t make a season does it.
76 points conceeded in last 2 games is what's causing the hysteria around here.
Not really a 1 off aberration. Honestly if we allow in another 30+ this Friday then this place will redline.

Yes they will because its waaay better for my mental health to not bekicking stones all week.

I'll deal with the despair of a loss Friday evening.

On a side note, alot of rhetoric around 'salvaging the season' lolz, we are equal 8th and 3 points off the top of the ladder.

Righting the course sure but salvaging.....turn it up

I said yes but being optimistic. Will be a huge effort but be great to beat the purple scum.

Defense - at least the kind we exhibited in the first two weeks - is worth more words than I feel like typing.

I'm hopeful, though, of more metres and post-contact metres by our props from the 21st minute to the 60th minute - it's up to you, Toff Sipley and Aaron Woods. Ability - it's there, how's the desire to dominate, though?

Our fragility on the edges is a problem. Garrick and Koula will be missed. Vaega can make metres, but how good is he in the air? Saab - very good in the air - can he make meters?

Our halves will not only have to direct the attack, but marshal the defense on each side - extremely well.

I'm 50-50 on this game. If I were Bellamy, I feel that I would have some straightforward ways of beating this weeks' Sea Eagles; if I'm Seibold, not so straightforward vs Storm - mostly around staying in the contest and grinding out a win. Not comfortable at all.

Glad this is a home game for us at the moment, for what it's worth. Maybe all the running around at fullback will empty Munster's petrol tank for once.
First two weeks? Dogs into the bye? The it was 30 conceded against parra

Yes that’s a much better way to look at it.

If we score tit for tat and it’s say 24-12 at half time , and ends up 32-18 with them running away in the end due to tiredness I’d put that down as a good result.

But if they run away to 28-0 at half time , and the ref gets us back into the game ( likehe did last week ) in the second half then that’s still a **** performance, regardless of what we score.
I think its also the manner in which we concede points. I look at a team like Parra and even though they are well down on the ladder and have copped a few losses, they are still a resilliant team that can come back.

This game will either help us stabilise, or completely spiral

No reason we shouldn't beat Storm on our home patch, will help if Schuster recovers but Johns will do. It's really up to the forwards to put us in the game, our forwards aren't nearly as bad as I've been reading here for the last few days. Storm will start favourites, big deal.

Yes from me. We will be a lot better, not good enough to win probably but better.

If Schu is fit and able to play, we may jag a win with a motivated Turbo as Schu will give him good ball.

We need to attack melbs new 5/8th like the riff did to Weekes last week.

No. Be happy (actually I am always angry when we lose) if we keep the margin to less than 18 points.

Yes from me. We will be a lot better, not good enough to win probably but better.

If Schu is fit and able to play, we may jag a win with a motivated Turbo as Schu will give him good ball.

We need to attack melbs new 5/8th like the riff did to Weekes last week.
Seibs has said today that Shu won't be back until the Tigers game.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8