Williame + Green

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

king2213

Reserve Grader
I would like to give credit to both players :)

Wiliame pulled off a beautiful catch and pass to Tafua to score the try ( great hands ) Also made plenty of hitups

Green: played mistake free football and is showing he is a good footballer. ALso has great hands and the ability to run at the line and put players into a hole !

Keep up the good work guys

Wiliame's catch and pass for Jorge's try was good. However his rushing out of the line in defence and missing the tackle could have proved costly. He did that a few times last night but thankfully the Vermin weren't good enough to capitalise.....though I shudder to think what it would have been like if 1nglis had been playing left centre for them last night.

And don't get me started on that new haircut of his lol.

As for Green, other than his sliding defence needing work (he has a tendency to stand flat footed) I thought he was pretty solid last night and came up with a couple of bootlace tackles in the 2nd half that did prevent breaks being made.

both are improving at a good rate.

Green was probably our best forward in the second half, bent the line every time and made some good cover defense tackles in broken play.

Also like his thought process, a couple of times you could see he thought about an offload then thought it was too risky and put it away rather than forcing the issue.

Green got his reward in the dying minutes with Souths life still flickering - Sammy ran at Green who did have help low, but twisted him over forcing a dropped ball & ensured the win - I think he is playing with far more aggression as are many others....in fact.....if Manly got a fair go second half could easily have panned out a 30 point win....Wiliame & Wright were solid - not super, but made some good ugly hitups coming out of trouble - with players like Turbo around, its the reliable players that earn the match winners opportunity....

The way green responded was nice too. He is really growing into his role now. And I can see him getting even better. He has come a long way from the bloke who played the first two games.

When he first came back to a grade after the long stint in reserves. That he looked the fittest guy in our forwards says he has personally been training the house down. Our team generally isn't fit.

You have to respect a young bloke who works his butt off to make it in the big league.

Green reminds of Simon Mannering in some ways, just an unheralded worker.
Agree. Just that mannering took longer to become an unheralded worker than green. In his early days in the centres he was great at hitting the gaps. I noticed that about green against Saints but he's got a fair way to go. But he's young enough to get it right. I hope he gets there.

Will be interesting for Bluey with a another offseason of training as a forward how his strength improves. If he can garner some more leg drive he could be pretty good.

Williame is trying to mimic jorge and matai by charging out of the defensive line.

Whilst he does nail some, he also misses a few. Matai very rarely screws that up so hopefully skivvy can help improve his hit rate. He is developing into a solid first grader.

I thought greens effort are 100%, was really hitting the line. He has decent potential if he keeps working at it.

Congratulations to both of them, playing so well and making a real effort and difference!
Whats Green call his red beard.. Blue?

Green reminds of Simon Mannering in some ways, just an unheralded worker.
More like an unemployed worker, He is lazy at times and I often watch him wandering back into position when the game is blazing around him at full pace. If you are a starting second rower you just cannot afford to be like that you need an 80 min motor. He is a reserve grade player that gets a run in 1st grade because we have injuries and no replacements. If he is the future then I am afraid we have no future. Obviously I dont rate him. A confident and fit Leary is a far better prospect.

Green let in a try and gace away b2b penalties. Needs to work on his discipline still, but otherwise is much improved.:)

Hex has really warmed to first grade and his support and ball handling is probably the best of the team :clap:

Staff online

• Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9