Willis Meehan released

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
My guess is that he didn't show the commitment that the team required- good luck to him but we want or need players not willing to give 110% to the chosen career

So we're down 2 props , 2 centers and a fullback. What an awesome way to start the year off. Keep going like this ane we'll be running out the Workers side.

I do enjoy posters giving it to him for leaving for the "chooks"
After all the comments over the years re a players heart and desire I am happy to see a player pull the plug rather than go through the motions each week

I do enjoy posters giving it to him for leaving for the "chooks"
After all the comments over the years re a players heart and desire I am happy to see a player pull the plug rather than go through the motions each week

100% agree, I'd prefer a young guy looking for an opportunity willing to bust his gut than a wannabe.

So we're down 2 props , 2 centers and a fullback. What an awesome way to start the year off. Keep going like this ane we'll be running out the Workers side.
Never know what that may uncover.. Lussick is the only starting loss at this stage. Snake and Matai were always going to struggle to play on. Wright is a back up at best and will be right for Rd 1. AFB, BJ, Kapow, Perrett, Jake, Myles and some 'workers'.. we will be okay up front.

• 👍
Reactions: Ned
From last year's prop rotation - which was barely adequate at best - we have not lost Meehan because he didn't play, but we have lost Vave, Starling and Burgess, and gained...reserve grader Perrett.
I am usually optimistic but am thinking this could be a long painful year.

I think those of us that hold memberships should cancel and we demand the club be relocated to Zimbabwe. Actually, don't bother the world is ending so it won't matter!

Obviously some time in the making.
- Zorba didn't mention him a few weeks back when discussing the forwards and their progress. Questions got asked then.
- Wasn't named in the 9's.
- Hasn't been in any club photos or preseason activities.

I wonder if Charlie Faainga will get a run. Reports saying he's done well at pre season training. Or Tapau could easily slot into prop again to add some grunt.
This could make room for Sirronen, Kennedy and Treb at the back with Lane the interchange.
Myles, Tapau, Lawrence, Perrett, AFB, Lussick in the FR?

Furget Zimbabwe, come to PNG...Manly 4 life brothers...love Goanna Pete..unofficial Manly President of PNG!

Real shame it didnt work out, whatever the reason. He was the young un' I was most looking forward to see come through. I hadn't seen a junior of his size, toughness and athleticism ever. How many youngsters make the Australian Schoolboys on the wing one year and come back the following and play at prop? Not te mention an NRL Debut at 18 in the middle. disappointing!!

Was he even going to be in out top squad this season?
There's plenty of young blokes who'd bust their gut to get a start.

Never know what that may uncover.. Lussick is the only starting loss at this stage. Snake and Matai were always going to struggle to play on. Wright is a back up at best and will be right for Rd 1. AFB, BJ, Kapow, Perrett, Jake, Myles and some 'workers'.. we will be okay up front.

True but we haven't hit the season's start yet and already our depth is being tested. Hastings being out as well at a time where he needs to be building combinations with the rest of the team. With our draw we need to hit the ground running to take advantage of the early home games ... injuries are inevitable but timing can make them so much worse.

The cupboard isn't that bare!

Meehan was an unknown albeit with promise. Not the end of the world.

Sets up Brenton for a big return to the fold. Really happy about that.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8