Wolfie in doo doo?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Here below is the NRLs public statement about this Wolfman incident.

NRL statement on David Williams

NRL.com
Fri 05th July, 3:30pm

The National Rugby League will await the completion of court proceedings before determining if any disciplinary action is warranted in relation to the charging of Manly player David Williams.

The NRL Integrity Unit has made a number of preliminary inquiries and determined that there is no clear code of conduct breach outside of the matters relating to the charges levelled by police.

The facts relating to the actual charge remain in dispute and will be determined through court proceedings.

“We want to ensure a consistent and fair approach and in all cases that will commence with the Integrity Unit looking into any matter,” NRL Chief Operating Officer, Mr Jim Doyle, said today.

Where there is clear evidence that demonstrates a breach of our rules we will always look to take the appropriate action.

“Where those facts are in dispute and subject to either police or court proceedings then, clearly, there are going to be times when we have to let those proceedings take their course before determining the game’s reaction.
“Based on the Integrity Unit’s inquiries to date, this is one of those times."

Which is all fair enough, BUT, note the bolded bits. Very obviously said with the NRLs mistreatment of Brett in mind. The NRL (Gallop) made the accusation that Brett had offended the players code of conduct by being drunk, & as Im sure DSM5 would testify, Brett was not found to be guilty of any such thing.

FORMER winger and nightclub manager Hassan Saleh believes Sea eagles flyer David Williams has nothing to worry about in relation to affray charges.

Saleh's father, Charlie, owns the Sapphire Suite - the Kings Cross bar where Williams and Manly teammates were partying prior to the May 27 incident.

"They've only made such a big deal out of it because it involves football players," Saleh said. "The police have been asking questions for the past six weeks, requesting credit card receipts and CCTV footage over a non-event.

"Yet when I was glassed in the face, the investigation went for about 10 minutes. The same for when my father was shot in the leg."

The Rockdale man, 29, who was also involved is believed to be a part-time DJ at the club.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/league-confidential-behind-the-scenes-of-the-nrl/story-fni3fbgz-1226674471608

Wolfie will rise above this blemish on his good character :angel:

NRL clears Williams to continue playing

DateJuly 5, 2013 - 4:24PM 22 reading now
AAP

The NRL will hold fire until after David Williams' day in court before determining whether the Manly winger will face any disciplinary action from the league.

Williams was on Tuesday charged with affray and offensive behaviour following an incident outside a Kings Cross nightclub in the early hours of May 27.

He will appear in court on August 13, the NRL claiming it was comfortable in letting the court proceedings be finalised before determining its final position on the matter.

Preliminary enquiries by the NRL Integrity Unit has determined that there was no clear breach of the code of conduct, with the facts relating to the charge still in dispute.

Advertisement

Williams has vowed to vigorously defend the charges.

The NRL's stance is in contrast to preemptive suspensions handed down to Blake Ferguson and James Tamou last month, though the circumstances surrounding those cases were far different.

Tamou, who is appealing a $20,000 fine handed down to him by the league, admitted his guilt to a drink driving charge and driving without a licence.

The NRL banned him for two games, including Origin II, while in court this week he was disqualified from driving for 15 months and fined $1820.

Ferguson, who will appear in court on July 16 on an assault charge, was stood down for a minimum four weeks.

He was also suspended earlier this year by the Raiders for an alcohol-related offence.

NRL chief operating officer Jim Doyle said in a statement the stance taken with Williams was in line with the league's policy.

"We want to ensure a consistent and fair approach and in all cases that will commence with the Integrity Unit looking into any matter," Doyle said.

"Where there is clear evidence that demonstrates a breach of our rules we will always look to take the appropriate action.

"Where those facts are in dispute and subject to either police or court proceedings then, clearly, there are going to be times when we have to let those proceedings take their course before determining the game's reaction.

"Based on the Integrity Unit's inquiries to date, this is one of those times."

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/nrl-clears-williams-to-continue-playing-20130705-2pgyw.html

DSM5 said:
Call me old fashioned, but I still can't see the benefits to the club of having a couple of players and a coach hanging around up the Cross at 2 in the morning. Sure they're to have a social life but League players are targets for any stupid grub to hassle and this should be in the mind of any player. Toovs should take the opportunity to remind players of their club responsibilities, and punt Johns.

Fact is anyone who ventures to the cross is rolling the dice when it comes to avoiding an incident. I don't know if it is a players responsibility to the club so much as themselves - but why punt Johns? Did he make them go? Was he the instigator?

DSM5 said:
I'd punt johns because I can't stand him. And I have a memory.

Should never have been hired the twit in the first place , I think we're better off without him .
Personally I think our halves were going better last year when they only seen him every now and then .
And that was only at training as far as I know .

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4