Wolfman next to go

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
WAMF said:
He's solid without being spectacular.
That said, I'd take Hiku and Taufua over Wolfy any day.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
His finishing last year was as good as ever. As someone else mentioned, he probably would have scored the try that Hiku missed this week.

But he probably misses the tackle that Hiku makes with ease.

Agreed his defence is ordinary at best. The amount of times he runs out of the line in defence leading to a try is frustrating.

the mauler said:
Fickle bunch on here... You can be a hero one week,on the chopping block the next.
Looks like its Wolfies turn to cop it this week.

Chopping block!!!

I go back to the Willow days, now poor old Luke he copped the Chopping Block more than most !!!

I've personally got no problem with the Wolf in Borg's headband. He's done more good for Manly in his time here than bad. No offence but how many wingers out there would have been able to stop Tupou scoring that try in the GF?

Last season's equal top try scorer and people are writing him off like a bad cheque.

Mark from Brisbane said:
I go back to the Willow days, now poor old Luke he copped the Chopping Block more than most !!!
He still is from some here.

HoldenV8 said:
No offence but how many wingers out there would have been able to stop Tupou scoring that try in the GF?
You got a problem with good old-fashioned scapegoating?

Is it just me or does Wolfman cop it more than most by these wan*ers in media. What a sin to to play a game in the reserves. Wow Konrad Hurrell would want to be careful with such quality reporting. Having been sent back to the two's to work on his defence. Let me guess he has asked for a release to play union where he won't have to tackle?

I do have a problem with scapegoating when I don't think its warranted. I mean, would Jorge have stopped Tupou? Even Snake would have been hard pressed to.

However, I'm not the one selecting the team and I'm not going to try and second guess Tooves and his staff. They know a hell of a lot more about it than I do. Besides, I also believe both Jorge and Peta deserve to be in the top 17. Both are part the future of this club and with the vultures circling I think they'd be crazy to drop Peta back to NSW Cup right now. If the coaching staff feel the Wolf needs to work on a few things and he's better off doing that in NSW Cup so its not affecting the NRL side of things, then so be it. I do think he will be back though.

Personally, I think its great that we have a lot of depth in our team and can afford to drop a player like the Wolf back a grade.

Tooves was on the record as saying that hiku was just given the nod over wolf more as an insurance policy for snakes hammy than anything to do with form. If snake was fully fit than wolfman plays.

Chip and Chase said:
Tooves was on the record as saying that hiku was just given the nod over wolf more as an insurance policy for snakes hammy than anything to do with form. If snake was fully fit than wolfman plays.
I am sure Jorge can cover the number 1 position as well . He had done a good job filling in for Snake in the past .

Not sure if it's been said already, but if Wolfman heads to the Super League now can his money go to Watmough's back ended $900k contract and thus allowing more room under the cap to keep G.Stewart??

Greenturd makes the rules.

But once you have played in a Season, your Contract payout is part of the Cap as far as I know.

When Richie was being assessed regarding his retirement due to injury, Manly had to ask the NRL for a special ruling so that his payout would not affect the Cap.

Like the MRC, there are no black and white guidelines for any aspect of the NRL :s

What about when Inu went from the Warriors to the Dogs. Wasn't that about offloading Inu to release salary cap & the Dogs were willing to take it? Maybe it doesn't count for Super League.

This Salary Cap does my head in, it would be good if they just released all the rules around it, so at least some of us (those that can decipher it) could have an idea about it

Although the Major Leauge Baseball does not have a cap it's easy to find out who is paid what. I think that all players should be shown as the %of the cap they are taking up and as the viewers and fans effectively pay the players wages what's the harm in us knowing?

Stiffi said:
What about when Inu went from the Warriors to the Dogs. Wasn't that about offloading Inu to release salary cap & the Dogs were willing to take it? Maybe it doesn't count for Super League.

This Salary Cap does my head in, it would be good if they just released all the rules around it, so at least some of us (those that can decipher it) could have an idea about it

If they can let Mark Gasnier return to play for 50k on the books, then theoretically, anything is possible.

manlyfan76 said:
Although the Major Leauge Baseball does not have a cap it's easy to find out who is paid what
I think NBA might actually publish player contract figures.
Their salary cap is massive, with a number of rules, including allowances for long serving players, I think (?)

This is an off-topic comment to say nice avatar @WAMF and @SeaEagleRock Are you two twins :p

SeaEagleRock8 said:
manlyfan76 said:
Although the Major Leauge Baseball does not have a cap it's easy to find out who is paid what
I think NBA might actually publish player contract figures.
Their salary cap is massive, with a number of rules, including allowances for long serving players, I think (?)
I am a huge NBA nut and can tell you their Salary Cap is so intricate and has so many rules and exceptions its crazy. They make no secret whatsoever regarding players salaries. As for long service allowance they have what's known as "birds rights". After you stay with a team for 3 years the team has the ability to go over the salary cap to retain a player.

Jethro said:
This is an off-topic comment to say nice avatar @WAMF and @SeaEagleRock Are you two twins :p
I'd forgotten I had an avatar, I've disabled that view because of my stupid puny download capacity on my stupid bigpond bundle, but just upgraded yesterday, at long last!
It's a good pic though. Maybe we were separated at birth? I'd better ask mum :D

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6