Wolfman out for 5

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
mellonhead link said:
Out of interest how many Test players are on less than $200K a season?

Not many - and I dont reckon there would be many all-blacks on less than that either.  I guess that's why they haven't moved over to play for manly!! ;)

Isz, no of course I don't blame him, but I hope he considers the quality of players around him who make him look good when thinking of going after the cash at a weaker club.  Without Lyon, G Stewart and Stevie around him, helping him with his defense, he could look quite the goose.  Just looking at the WCC game again, we have such a great team.  The new guys, plus George, played really well. 

Fair enough DSM5 - it all comes down to what motivates him

Winning or dollars? can he find a balance?

as a professional sportsman you have to take the money when you can get it IMO. He might do his knee next year and be totally gone forever.

Wingers are a dime a dozen, they're rarely out and out game breakers in their own right. If they can catch,tackle and run quicker then your average bloke then they'll fill the role. If we lose Wolfman then I bet we'll have no problems finding a first grade standard winger for less than 200K. I hope he stays but not willing to pay through the nose for the privilege. Let's see how he handles the second year syndrome first.

Just remember we have Bani for another 2 or 3 years (can't remember if the new contract starts this year) so we shouldn't have to worry about being down a winger should Williams leave.  Both can run like forwards too so that's also good.

That's the only thing i hate about having so much talent and depth actually!
It's a great problem to have, but sooner or later those who haven't broken through to 1st grade regularly might leave for a team with more dollars, a perm 1st grade spot even at the expensive of not being as good on field (you never hear guys going to Souths for the money, it's always 'i'm excited to build the club yadda yadda)

I agree hairy eggson.  But geez our club shows some loyalty.  Take Big George as an example.  We could have tossed him on the junk heap long ago but here he is, playing strongly in the WCC.  Bani the same.  We'll need these guys as well when rep times come around.  Talent and depth, the two variables that are needed to win. 

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4