World Club Challenge in Australia next year (a possibility?)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Play it at the SFS or Brookvale. Why should Brisbane get all the good games? Not ANZ. I can't see why any fans of other teams would want to see Manly win the CC.

For those that want it in Australia these are the main reasons why it won't happen.

1) I don't want it to.....just kidding, if that's the way the cookie crumbles then so be it!!

1) The English Super League make a motza on "pay for View" for this game...millions watch it and pay, they make a huge amount of coin...which won't happen if it's in Australia due to the time difference, would the EFL want to give this away....I doubt it.
2) For the game to be in Australia the NRL are going to have to underwrite a huge amount of money ($500K on player travel and costs for a start), and given that it's still cricket season and fans really haven't yet "switched on" it really doesn't make much sense to put it on here when tickets sales are likley to be low and the viewing audience minimal.

As much as it's an idea I'd be extremly surpised to see it played anywhere other than Leeds!!

Still would be interesting if they could take it to a place like Hong Kong if there was a financial reward in it one day?

Almost half way for both countries and could promote League where Rugby does well!

Also could look at South Africa, Japan or Dubai?

Something that could work one day? Could have some fun travelling groups to some of these places !

There's prize money Wheel, I don't know exactly...I seem to remember about 150K GBP...so say about $250K AUD

And no out of pockets, at all, so it's a big carrot to win in!!

They try to get the WCC to Australia every year. Never happens. I reckon you are safe Mark.:D It would be great to have it here though.

Thanks Dowdz, but I said that about 6 posts ago.

Really it's about the advancement of the game in the UK (AND the EFL making a lot of money), ie seeing the best team from Oz playing there....I can't see it ever coming down under.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Thanks Dowdz, but I said that about 6 posts ago.

Really it's about the advancement of the game in the UK (AND the EFL making a lot of money), ie seeing the best team from Oz playing there....I can't see it ever coming down under.

They should just send Manly every year then :).

Leeds Rhinos exclusive: Bring on Aussie champs Manly Sea Eagles - Peacock INTERVIEW

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/leeds-rhinos/leeds_rhinos_exclusive_bring_on_aussie_champs_manly_sea_eagles_peacock_interview_1_3858594

Leeds’ England captain Jamie Peacock reckons playing Down Under would revitalise the competition and chief executive Gary Hetherington said Rhinos are up for the challenge.

“I think we should play it over there,” Peacock said. “It is about time we did something different with it.

“It has probably run its course over here, but two of the world’s biggest clubs playing in Sydney would be a fantastic occasion.

“I think we should make sure it happens, it would be a real prestige game.”

Yeah I did see that, and there's even some stuff on the EFL website that sys the Eagles have asked the question.

All I am saying is this

Who's going to fund it, and who's going to top up the EFL for their lost Pay TV revenue??

Fcuking hope not.

It'd save me a heap of coin.................but would be nowhere near as much fun

Mybludog said:
Fcuking hope not.

It'd save me a heap of coin.................but would be nowhere near as much fun

Yeh,on the grog at Manchester International Airport at 1130 am......disgusting.....lol

You want to see the difference on how the RFL and NRL markets things when they announce the venue go to any clubs website in the UK and it will be promoting this game!

That's from CC1 all the way up to the ESL

Members online

No members online now.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4