World Club Challenge Tour

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Not sure if you saw the post on MWSE but the NRL is running a members forum (all NRL clubs) next week at the SFS.
There will be 4 of us representing Manly and we were asked to submit ideas/comments and suggestions for messrs Annersley and Gallop to provide feedback on - Match schedules was high on the list of "issues".
As a regular who travels with 2 young kids the planning involved with trips especially like Canberra, Melbourne, Gold Coast, Brisbane and Auckland is a nightmare under the current system so I'm keen to see what they come back with....Will of course update on here after the sessions on Thursday

Hi Cliffy,
Hope all's well?
WCC - really really want to go but it is played the day after young Sami's birthday so in a bit of a quandry....Sam said he'd be happy to come with me if I go (and of course his sister too!) but that will set me back the best part of $10k with airfares accom and spends so not an easy option...
Interestingly Liverpool play Middlesboro (Kiero's team) away the day before the WCC so if we both went we'd want to get to that game as well.....
Have said no to the trip at this stage but who knows....will see how the pennies go (As I'll have 6 return flights plus accom to find for the Cowboys/Bronco's/Titans games in that 6 week period end April/May time) - I may do a quick dash over and make my own way and catch up people there as I can bludge friends and family for food, accomodation and travel......
You planning on going?
Vid
ps If you see Spook can you ask him if he got the No one likes us T shirt I sent to him this week?

Well first thanks to Mark, for his post and info of the World Club Challenge tour to Leeds for all Manly supporters. I loved being at the GF and seeing Manly smash them grubs 40- nil it was awesome.

I would love to go the WWC as well it would fantastic. I can't go but to all those that maybe going i hope yous all have a great time and Manly wins even thought i support the Rhinos as well.

Thanks for the kind words Vid.

I am one of the "lucky 4" that have been chosen to represent the Sea Eagles at the NRL Forum this Thursday, VERY high on my list is why we can't have a draw released (just as the AFL do) 12 months in advance.

From a purely business perspective it would make my job 1000% easier, you can't imagine the frustration I go through trying to put togther travel packages (and make them competitive) when everything has to be done 3 or 4 weeks out.

IF...I was able to book the cheapest airfares (as a group) 12 months out and then offer people "time payment...sort of like a lay-by" the away trips would go gangbusters. As they exist now anything I can get as a "group airfare" 3 -4 weeks out is usually way more expensive than what you can buy yourselves so it makes the putting together of "away supporters trips" almost an impossibility. It's a HUGE issue for me trying to pull these together.

Personally I think we will be banging our heads on a brick wall, after all Foxtel and Nine "own" the game don't they and therin lies the difference.

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Personally I think we will be banging our heads on a brick wall, after all Foxtel and Nine \"own\" the game don't they and therin lies the difference.
  For instance tonight's game is another delayed telecast adathon. 

I reckon there will be no change in the current TV/Scheduling arrangements but it should be on the agenda when the rights are up for grabs again in a few years.

There should be a clause in the contract that putting a bufoon like Gould in the box is grounds for instant termination. 

It will be interesting to see what comes out of these NRL meetings, Vidmar, Groggo, Deb Kasmar and myself were chosen by the Sea Eagles to represent them. It may well just be a "talkfest", a "feel good" for the NRL that they have involved the fans but I think we will at least get our messages through, wether they listen???

By the way due to a new airfare being released we have been able to knock $450.00 off the price of the Supporters tour, it's now about $4500.00 so pretty reasonable for airfares, accommodation, coach transfers, 2 match tickets and a whiz bang function!!!

The full details aere available on the MWSE Website

Mark from Brisbane link said:
It will be interesting to see what comes out of these NRL meetings, Vidmar, Groggo, Deb Kasmar and myself were chosen by the Sea Eagles to represent them. It may well just be a \"talkfest\", a \"feel good\" for the NRL that they have involved the fans but I think we will at least get our messages through, wether they listen???

Have you started a thread anywhere asking for other fans to give you issues to raise?

I reckon most Manly fans would like to see us get more Sunday arvo games at Brookvale for instance.  I'd imagine the club would likewise.

Mark - any idea if a fly in/fly out option for the match only would be feasible??

We are looking at the option of just the Leeds section, so I suppose that is almost like a fly in fly out option...should have more details in a few days. It does seem a pity to fly 26 hours over, attend a football game and fly 26 hours back but if it's a time / money issue then anything is possible, shoot me an e-mail as a matter of interest

[email protected]

I have finally given up trying to get there - hope plenty of fans go over and it is a great success

Matabele link said:
In 10 years we'll all be dead or speaking mandarin. 

So thats why that toss pot Rudd speaks ching chong ;)

How pathetic is he, has a photo opportunity with the Chinese prime minister and he talks chinese then the prime turns away and says nothing....piss funny

byso link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=178849.msg202130#msg202130 date=1225259445]

How pathetic is he, has a photo opportunity with the Chinese prime minister and he talks chinese then the prime turns away and says nothing....piss funny
[/quote]

I suppose your dissapointed he didn't lick Bush's arse like little Johnyy did for  8 years

The Wheel link said:
[quote author=byso link=topic=178849.msg203304#msg203304 date=1227005724]
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=178849.msg202130#msg202130 date=1225259445]

[/quote]

I suppose your dissapointed he didn't lick Bush's arse like little Johnyy did for  8 years
[/quote]

lol  Poor little brown tongue Johnyy

Bit of an update everyone...bookings are streaming in (despite the doom and gloom), the tour is a "guaranteed departure" and there are some new and VERY exciting things happening and being added to the trip as we speak. For those that are going, it will be a real once in a lifetime experience.

We are able to take bookings at the fantastic airfare levels we have up to 22nd December, so there's still another month for you to work out if you can afford to go.

So apart from Cliffy GC (welcome mate) there are many more that have taken the plunge

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7