World Cup 2022

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
The Kangaroos and NRL to keep a watch on Australian soccer and its media. They seem to be on subtle move towards appropriating 'kangaroo' and 'football kangaroos'.

Does the English side take in Scottish , Welsh and Nth Ireland players as well or are they independent entities in trying to qualify , Well especially Scotland
Wales were in the same group as England, so that answers the question. Quite a few players who play for the other countries may well be English (and vice versa) but are eligible to play for another country due to the parent/grandparent rule (sound familiar?) A UK/GB team isn't a thing except during the Olympics and then there's usually in-fighting from the different factions around which players are selected etc

No they don't. If it were the best 32 teams in the world.
But it's not. If it were, the competition would be pretty much all European and South American teams.
All the federations get a chance depending on the strength of the region.
That's why Oceania only get 0.5 of a slot. Because it's pretty much made up of rubbish teams like the Solomon Islands. NZ win every time but they struggle to beat the 5th ranked South American team so they don't qualify mostly.

If Australia jag a draw against Denmark and somehow come second in the group, there's a good chance they would play Saudi Arabia after they upset Argentina. Not an unwinnable game. Australia might actually be in the last 8 if the cards fall the right way.
Did better than a draw. 1-0 Australia. Leckies goal was bloody brilliant. The lead up was just as good. Into the 16. Not many saw that coming.

Now that was a couple of chaotic endings.

Arg v Pol and
Mex v KSA

All to determine whether who goes through (out of Poland and Mexico)

draaama!

Wales were in the same group as England, so that answers the question. Quite a few players who play for the other countries may well be English (and vice versa) but are eligible to play for another country due to the parent/grandparent rule (sound familiar?) A UK/GB team isn't a thing except during the Olympics and then there's usually in-fighting from the different factions around which players are selected etc

The whole UK / GB thing confuses me a bit.

Some sports (Football, Union, League, etc) they complete as England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland. Others (Olympics, Tennis, Swimming) they compete as GB.

I googled, but could only see something about Football being governed by separate entities in these countries.

So maybe you can help me out - why does it vary between sports. And what would your preference be? Compete as GB or as separate countries?

At least we’re talking about the real world cup.Just got up after watching the game that was pure heart,as for the argentinian game they‘re vulnerable in defence you never know.

So our 44 million dollar team up against some superstars went ok !!

Not a soccer fan , but good on them !!

Amazing scenes

I have been a massive football fan since long before we used to qualify with relative ease. I have seen very good teams get dumped out through bad luck or not due to their own actions.

To see a team that has played pretty poorly for a number of games get some results was something else. Very proud, surprised and hopeful for the game on Sunday

The goals we've scored have been brilliant. Aside from those 3 moments thpough it's just been effort on effort. It's like they don't care that they are outclassed, they are determined to win anyway!

The whole UK / GB thing confuses me a bit.

Some sports (Football, Union, League, etc) they complete as England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland. Others (Olympics, Tennis, Swimming) they compete as GB.

I googled, but could only see something about Football being governed by separate entities in these countries.

So maybe you can help me out - why does it vary between sports. And what would your preference be? Compete as GB or as separate countries?
Yes, it's always been an odd one, and I'm English, but when I lived there many, many years ago no one seems to query it or worry about it, unless you're Scottish or Welch that's just the way it is, I used to cheer for England in soccer, league, union, Comm games, and then the Brits in Olympics or touring Lions.

Did better than a draw. 1-0 Australia. Leckies goal was bloody brilliant. The lead up was just as good. Into the 16. Not many saw that coming.

Suffice to say, neither did I.
Although I sat there in the wee hours watching and hoping.
Bloody amazing considering the quality in that Danish side.
No matter what happens now, it's been a wildly successful campaign.
Coming second in a group like that is just unreal.

We can play Argentina with absolutely nothing to lose. Absolutely awesome.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10