Worst player in the NRL?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Worst NRL player?

• Total voters
EagleFromMay1967 said:
I cant identify who is THE WORST player in the comp, but its very easy to form a view about who the biggest UNDER-ACHIEVER.
Its just SO OBVIOUS.

Jamie Soward.

Any other suggestions that can match this.?

An under achiever who was won a comp and played for NSW?

Most players would kill for that

Andrew McCullough. I know that QLD's best hookers are playing for Melbourne and Manly, but this bloke playing for the Broncos....seriously????!!!!! There must be someone better in the Banana-bending state than him!

Napper said:
How the f**k do Naiqama and Widdop make this list?

You're moron

This gets my vote for ****test thread in history.

As I said, some players maybe unlucky to be there and these were two I was referring to. However, Naqaima, IMO, has dreadful defence and, these days, very limited attack. He was OK a few years ago though.

Widdop, I probably broke my own rule as he's maybe more over-rated than straight can't play at NRL level. I've heard a few people refer to Melbourne again having a 'Big 4', with Widdop being included. Sorry, but I can't come at that.

Stevo said:
Ben Roberts - International
Kris Keating - City Origin
Wes Naiqama - International, over 100 games
Thomas Leuluai - 30 games for NZ, over 250 games
Gareth Widdop - Current England Player
Steve Michaels - Over 100 games
Sandor Earl - Not great but certainly not a nuffie
Stuart Mills - He's played 12 games FFS. If you rate him after 12 game then you have NFI!

Take your point on a few of these Stevo, but I've watched Roberts for a while now. He scored a great try for the Dogs on debut (or very early on anyway), but I've not seen him do anything since.

Over 200 of Leuluai's games in Super League, not NRL. From what I've seen in NRL, he's very average. Olsen Filipaina was a Kiwi legend, but spent a fair time in reggies over here.

I'll cop Mills, I must have seen all 12 games because I thought he'd played more. But from what I've seen he has looked average in defence, under the high ball and not much in attack. The fact those 12 agmes have been spread over 3 seasons says a bit.

Anyway, enjoying the debate, which was the intention of the thread.

As you were.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
I wouldn't say they are the worst (not even sure how you'd judge that), but Matt Prior of Illawarra and also Ben Smith at Eels have been around a long time and I've never noticed them do anything much at all. I guess each team needs a few plodders...

You took mine. Ben Smith. Whilst someone like Ben Roberts is arguably worse, Smith used to be an OK first grader but for some reason he has escaped scrutiny on his performances which over the last couple of years have dropped considerably.

And in an era of high quality players in the number 1 jumper, Tim Moltzen most certainly isn't one of them.

webby66 said:
Andrew McCullough. I know that QLD's best hookers are playing for Melbourne and Manly, but this bloke playing for the Broncos....seriously????!!!!! There must be someone better in the Banana-bending state than him!

Really, I like McCullough. I wouldn't be surprised if he takes over from Smith in the Qld 9 jersey.

mosto said:
webby66 said:

Really, I like McCullough. I wouldn't be surprised if he takes over from Smith in the Qld 9 jersey.

Agreed. McCullough goes ok in my books.

This is not a good topic, I would have given my left one to play where all of these guys have played.
As for Ben Smith, the guy has been plagued by some serious injuries, cut him some slack.

EagleFromMay1967 said:
I cant identify who is THE WORST player in the comp, but its very easy to form a view about who the biggest UNDER-ACHIEVER.
Its just SO OBVIOUS.

Jamie Soward.

Soward has won a Premiership at least. Chris Sandow wins under-achiever for mine.

jbb/james said:
It changes weekly, Its the bloke that marks Jamie Lyon. He is piss weak

Disagree. The bloke that marks Jamie Lyon is always a gun. It's just that Jamie Lyon is fa**kin awesome.

EagleFromMay1967 said:
Its just SO OBVIOUS.

Jamie Soward.

There is already a thread about the biggest underachiever:

http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-The-I-miss-T-Rex-Thread

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4