Worst side Ever. Congratulations

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
There needs to be an internal investigation into how we have fallen so far behind and so low. Unfortunately we have clueless owners who since they have owned the joint have just run it into the ground, they are out of their depth and don't have the brains or the passion to turn it around. With the Penn's owning the club, Dessie as a coach, reserve grade players masquerading as 1st graders and an unbalanced salary cap. We may as well get used to performances like the last 15 games. I see no way out of this worst side in the clubs history crap for the the next 3 to 5 years.

Last edited:
Look on the bright side. The fans of the teams that play us get to feel good, very good. They get to see their team thrash an opponent without getting concerned at any stage they were going to loose.

Remember all those years when we had players sit out the season without opportunity to replace them. The years of restrictive salary cap. We always competed.

This year we have one of the lowest injury tolls. All clubs are losing important players.

I can only put it down to attitude. Defence is basically, fitness, coaching and attitude.

The definition of stupidity, doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

This is so painful to watch. As a member and supporter there really has to be accountability to the people responsible for this.
Every week Des rolls out the same crap and the club expects a different result. Not going to happen!
This is going to be the worst year in our history and if we are happy to get the spoon this year I suggest we don’t change a thing

Cmon guys its not that bad. Consider the facts first. We have walker who quite frankly is a role model for our club. Give the guy a PS5 and he is good to go. We have a coach who loves his players that much he is willing to put up with them. We have suli that has the mentality and wit that would scare the opposition into hiding and he can move like the wind especially on a loose ball yea. We had a hooker who loves a good party and can relate to others and boy can he play and to think who he replaced. Who needs smith when we have players like this. These three examples are only the beginning of a side who will win a grand final. Man we are going places and to think off field dramas don't matter, i mean how can it yea. But time will sort it all out as it always does. Just imagine us winning a grand final with the likes of walker and suli in our side. Honestly what a dream come true. **** where is my band aid.

Honestly the worst side I've ever seen. Not just from manly. In general. 50% completions.

Saab. Not good enough. Out jumped by s much shorter winger. Can't tackle. Rubbish. Give our kids a go.

Parker. Pub player. Can't hold a ball or beat a tackle. No strength. Get rid.

Suli. For his size. Your a cat. Can't tackle.

DCE. Can't even run a side for 1.5 million a year. Can't even do the basics and organise his side.

Turbo. You are now slowbo. Rubbish. Lays all over the play the ball

Croker. Walker. I feel sorry for. Not playing in their right positions. Walker has no confidence there.

Boyle. Piss weak.

Jetski. Laughable.

Taupau. **** off. You don't want to be here. Feel like he doesn't want to get injured. Just let him go. Mutual termination. Bye.

If I forgot anyone. You weren't as **** as the rest.

Disgrace to my club and the jersey. Disgrace to yourselves. Can't hold the ball or tackle. No heart. No chase on a loose ball. Just nothing.

Des.... You've lost the dressing room. Yet you still pick these players that don't want to play for you. You have a bunch of kids who have real talent and don't give them a go.

1-17 next week. As you were.
Nailed it...

Cmon guys its not that bad. Consider the facts first. We have walker who quite frankly is a role model for our club. Give the guy a PS5 and he is good to go. We have a coach who loves his players that much he is willing to put up with them. We have suli that has the mentality and wit that would scare the opposition into hiding and he can move like the wind especially on a loose ball yea. We had a hooker who loves a good party and can relate to others and boy can he play and to think who he replaced. Who needs smith when we have players like this. These three examples are only the beginning of a side who will win a grand final. Man we are going places and to think off field dramas don't matter, i mean how can it yea. But time will sort it all out as it always does. Just imagine us winning a grand final with the likes of walker and suli in our side. Honestly what a dream come true. **** where is my band aid.
In regards to Suli, I fail to see why other clubs in the past have been falling over themselves to sign him. He started at the Tigers and the Bulldogs poached him. It didn't really work out, so Manly picked him up within 5 minutes. A year or two later, Manly had to fight off interest from St George. What could be impressing clubs? I don't see it...

What is depressing/annoying/frustrating is yes this squad has some dross but it also has some exciting talent and star players.

I think back to the 01-02 with the Northern eagles and we were awful but our squad just wasnt much chop.

Outside of Beaver and Tooves on his last legs you had that mercenary Kimmorly then the likes of Reeves, Torrens, Trindall, Miles, Beckett, Lima, Shipway etc

All triers but just not very good.....never going to bother a rep selectors thoughts.

So you watched them get flogged often but could see they were putting in

This squad has great players like Jake, DCE, Tapau, Walker, Foran and exciting young talent like Paseka, Olakua'atu and Schuster yet a combination of selections, coaching, confidence or culture and obvs injuries to (Turbo and Fainu).....has players like DCE individually playing awfully and the team as a whole playing like they dont know each other or dont care.

To me that means the issue lies with the coaching staff and thats where we start in turning this ship around.

DCE shouldnt have turned to junk but he has
Walker used to be a dangerous livewire centre not he a limp ineffective also ran
Foran was the Bulldogs best and fairest just last year off 12 games where he was getting try assists for fun now he looks old and slow.
Jake was one of the best forwards in the game now playing this terrible tackle bot distributer role.
Remember how devastating Marty could be......haven't seen any fight in him in a long time.

Now its easy to scream "this player is crap, this player is awful" but we need to ask why these great players have become awful?

And for mine the team is playing in the image of their coach....limp, without passion, desire or ideas.

DES OUT!

Honestly the worst side I've ever seen. Not just from manly. In general. 50% completions.

Saab. Not good enough. Out jumped by s much shorter winger. Can't tackle. Rubbish. Give our kids a go.

Parker. Pub player. Can't hold a ball or beat a tackle. No strength. Get rid.

Suli. For his size. Your a cat. Can't tackle.

DCE. Can't even run a side for 1.5 million a year. Can't even do the basics and organise his side.

Turbo. You are now slowbo. Rubbish. Lays all over the play the ball

Croker. Walker. I feel sorry for. Not playing in their right positions. Walker has no confidence there.

Boyle. Piss weak.

Jetski. Laughable.

Taupau. **** off. You don't want to be here. Feel like he doesn't want to get injured. Just let him go. Mutual termination. Bye.

If I forgot anyone. You weren't as **** as the rest.

Disgrace to my club and the jersey. Disgrace to yourselves. Can't hold the ball or tackle. No heart. No chase on a loose ball. Just nothing.

Des.... You've lost the dressing room. Yet you still pick these players that don't want to play for you. You have a bunch of kids who have real talent and don't give them a go.

1-17 next week. As you were.
People say a $1.2 million player can't be dropped. Why exactly?

Not too sure about the worst Manly side in history , clearly recall a couple of severe thrashings in 2005 or so , Panthers put 73 points on a pretty ordinary Manly side and Sharks , over 60 and with B K in the pack . Plenty of things not going right for some time now , one of the main problems seems to be well down on confidence and just such a game sapping mistake rate . only have to look when Cust came on with a bit of enthusiasm and drive and the whole side lifted and were actually competitive for a good while until the mistakes and poor organizing especially in defence returned again . Des has just got to accept that Walker should be at centre [ well probably has to happen with Tom's return ] and cust as the starting 9 . Can cut some slack with some good players not available , Tom "s return will be important if only to lift the confidence level ] but it should not revolve around this , cut the mistake rate and they will be able to stay in games again , how to get more consistency and players switched on for the full 80 , not too sure if that is Des "s short comings either . A well below average Manly performance level for quite some time now , the worst ever , can "t really see it , Can they do better , definitely but not with the line up 's in recent times and should be some long overdue changes at the very least .

In regards to Suli, I fail to see why other clubs in the past have been falling over themselves to sign him. He started at the Tigers and the Bulldogs poached him. It didn't really work out, so Manly picked him up within 5 minutes. A year or two later, Manly had to fight off interest from St George. What could be impressing clubs? I don't see it...
His one game against Souths - which we lost. But I agree he’s a defensive liability.

look at the clubs you referred to, they are all in as much **** as we are and desperate to sign players that might boost their rosters, like us it’s error after error, poor management and no idea.

Des has obviously lost the confidence of the players. But their speed, enthusiasm, endurance are reserve grade standard. Donny has been a major let down since coming back. Our inury toll again is awful and that comes a lot from being physically weak compared to our opponents. Massive broom needed to sweep out the toxic malaise that is rife through the club.
Hey, they are not reserve grade standard. That's grossly unfair . . . . to all upstanding reserve grade players.

MWSE can develop and foster good players. It happens. But as soon as they get any good, we get rid of them . . . all due to the unbalanced salary cap.
Korisau, Gutherson, Hiku, AFB, etc etc. Crazy decisions. I agree it needs a clean out, and some of the players - yes, but mostly the cleanout should be targettted at the acquisition, coaching, club management and ownership levels.

Worst team ever ?? that's a big call. We have two current SOO players, and 2 Kiwi ex-internationals and a Samoan test player

There were some teams post Northern Eagles that were pretty ordinary.

look at the clubs you referred to, they are all in as much **** as we are and desperate to sign players that might boost their rosters, like us it’s error after error, poor management and no idea.
Yep, a good club would have let Suli walk when the dragons made that offer.

This team from 2003 finished the season with losses of 36-28, 51-16, 56-24, 46-16, 52-26 and 40-10

Do you think they would beat our current side ??

Fullback1.Brendon Reeves
Wing2.Scott Donald
Centre3.Kevin McGuinness
Centre4.Ben MacDougall
Wing5.Albert Torrens
Five-Eighth6.Luke Dorn
Halfback7.Jason Ferris
Front Row8.Jason King
Hooker9.Chad Randall
Front Row10.Aaron Cannings
Second Row11.Solomon Haumono
Second Row12.Sam Harris
Lock13.Steve Menzies (c)
Bench14.Mark Shipway
Bench16.Anthony Watmough
Bench17.Gary Winter
Bench20.Glenn Stewart
CoachPeter Sharp

Fullback1.Albert Torrens
Wing2.Scott Donald
Centre3.Kevin McGuinness
Centre18.Ben MacDougall
Wing5.Mitch Creary
Five-Eighth6.Luke Dorn
Halfback7.Jason Ferris
Front Row8.Jason King
Hooker9.Chad Randall
Front Row10.Grant Wooden
Second Row12.Sam Harris
Lock4.Steve Menzies (c)
Bench13.Mark Shipway
Bench14.Aaron Cannings
Bench16.Anthony Watmough
Bench17.Gary Winter
Coach Peter Sharp

Darker days ahead who knows how bad this side can become, and it hurts as a loyal supporter, but today with a coach and management who are in denial it all comes down to poor decisions going back to when DCE was signed up to Des being resigned and a multitude of decent players let go. What was that song? TAKE THE MONEY AND RUN.

This team from 2003 finished the season with losses of 36-28, 51-16, 56-24, 46-16, 52-26 and 40-10

Do you think they would beat our current side ??

Fullback1.Brendon Reeves
Wing2.Scott Donald
Centre3.Kevin McGuinness
Centre4.Ben MacDougall
Wing5.Albert Torrens
Five-Eighth6.Luke Dorn
Halfback7.Jason Ferris
Front Row8.Jason King
Hooker9.Chad Randall
Front Row10.Aaron Cannings
Second Row12.Sam Harris
Lock13.Steve Menzies (c)
Bench14.Mark Shipway
Bench16.Anthony Watmough
Bench17.Gary Winter
Bench20.Glenn Stewart
CoachPeter Sharp

Fullback1.Albert Torrens
Wing2.Scott Donald
Centre3.Kevin McGuinness
Centre18.Ben MacDougall
Wing5.Mitch Creary
Five-Eighth6.Luke Dorn
Halfback7.Jason Ferris
Front Row8.Jason King
Hooker9.Chad Randall
Front Row10.Grant Wooden
Second Row12.Sam Harris
Lock4.Steve Menzies (c)
Bench13.Mark Shipway
Bench14.Aaron Cannings
Bench16.Anthony Watmough
Bench17.Gary Winter
CoachPeter Sharp
Good question , you would certainly hope not

Good question , you would certainly hope not
Combined team with the team that played last night

1.Reeves
2.Donald
3.Walker
4.Torrens
5.christ this back 5 is rough....Garrick?
6.Schuster
7.DCE
8.King
9.Randall
10.Trbojevic
11.Menzies
12.Watmough
13.Stewart

14.Cust
15.Aloiai
16.Paseka
17.Harris