Would Soward be the worst pick-up?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Soward's ok, but what I can't understand is that he was not wantedby the Dragons, failed in the UK, yet Panthers sign him up for 4 years, how dumb.

For the record, just comparing Killer's goal kicking with Soward's......

Killer:
Career (NRL) - 482 / 655 - 73.59%
Best season (more than 10 attempts) - 69/85 (81.18%) in 2010

Soward:
Career (NRL) - 484 / 672 - 72.02%
Best season (more than 10 attempts) - 54/70 (77.14%) in 2008

Note that best season means their best %.

Why would we consider recruiting Soward when we released Gutherson because, allegedly, we have the backline well covered?

Killer is one of the best goal kickers in the NRL despite what a few say on here.

Soward could be handy for a season, he is still fast, a potential match winner on his day but his defence is a real worry.

Its a NO from me.

Last edited:
Killer is one of the best goal kickers in the NRL despite what a few say on here.

Soward could be handy for a season, he is still fast, a potential match winner on his day but his defence is a real worry.

Its a NO from me.
Killer's goal kicking is fine unless it is from the sidelines which is unfortunate as that is where the most of our tries are scored and he seems to miss more than he converts from there.

DCE is the man. The added responsibility would sit well with him too. He kicks well and off both feet.

Again like killer this has to be something practiced every session.

With news out that Soward is being shopped around... what do people think? Would he really be the worst option?

If Penrith are paying some his salary, would having him kick long on the last 80% of the season for two years while we develop Wright or our Under 20's prospects be a terrible idea?

He does get injured a lot, but he is a better option that Issac John or Moltzen. Maybe not better than having Lyon at 6 and giving Turbo a start...

I am not sure what my opinion is yet, which is why I ask....
Ask your wife - I think she'd have the same answer as most manly fans.

Sowie and Wal both unwanted at the riff. I've heard Wallace may retire or go to the storm. I can't imagine anyone taking Soward off the Riffs hands. Who would possible be that silly. Ohh farq. Ohh come on, seriously Bozo, no don't do it. Not another Shiiiiiittttttteeeeee decisions already.

Its a NO from me.
Killer is in the top 17 goal kickers in the NRL.

He's got no ticker. Just my opinion but to quote a movie, you need "heart. Miles and miles of heart".

I don't think he's got that.

Soward could just about be the most hated player in the NRL...says it all really. It's hard pressed finding commentators that rate him, clubs that want him, fans that like him, etc.

Soward could just about be the most hated player in the NRL...says it all really. It's hard pressed finding commentators that rate him, clubs that want him, fans that like him, etc.
Sounds right up our owners alley.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6