Would you rather...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Would you rather

• Play well and lose

• Play poorly and win

Results are only viewable after voting.

Will on the hill

Bencher
Tipping Member
Watching 'the fan' and they asked coaches if they'd rather play poorly and win or play perfectly and lose. Interestingly it was unanimous that 2 points was all that matters, the only outlier was Trent Robinson.

If you play poorly you can always get better. If in you playing poorly you are still winning the morale of the team will be high. you can always play better.
Who wants to razzle and dazzle and always lose? not many I would guess.
I think that's a big part of what the Titans are at the moment. They can play some very attractive football but when the pressure come on they fold. must be very hard on confidence.

In most cases I think the 2 points prevails but depends on the context of the game. A good performance against a top shelf team that you weren’t expected to beat could be better than a sloppy win, and could help give you the confidence that you’ll beat them next time, as long as the 2 points don’t cost you a top 4 or top 8 spot.

Tough one that, getting the win when playing poorly puts a positive often on systemic issues that get masked and not looked at.

Interesting Robinson went the loss, dumping Crichton to the bench and playing him on the right edge this season after a big win against manly highlights that just winning and playing poorly is not accepted at the Rorters no matter who you are..

2 points is 2 points no matter which way you dress it, but taking action against players performing below expectation needs to be looked at.

would you rather fight 1 duck as big as a horse or 100 horses the size of a duck.

asking for a friend

The late, great pro-wrestling manager/commentator Bobby "The Brain" Heenan once said "A win's a win. At Wrestlemania you take what you can get".

Its the same in any professional sport including the NRL. Most would rather win ugly than look good and lose. You can always improve on playing ugly.

Can't answer mate, because the catch in that is how long would it continue for. If you KEEP playing well and lose, then that's no good. So I guess to answer:

Short term: Play well and lose (can improve)
Long term: Play poorly and win (get results)

Not sure if there is such a thing as playing poorly and winning. At the end of the day a team plays to beat the opposition first and foremost. In most cases appearing to play well is a by product of this. The main goal imo is to win with as few injuries as possible. Also in a 25 round competition being able to win ugly is a must.

The hallmark of a a premiership winning team is the ability to play poorly and still win. 08 and 11 are perfect examples of us snatching victory from the jaws of defeat. In both seasons there were at least 3 games where I thought 'how the hell did we win that?', whether it be with a miracle 80th minute win, or just.....jeez we were poor but still got the choccies.

I have no expectations of a win. playing good is generally enough. I love tight contests

its about the opposition really

hate it if we roll over

Watching 'the fan' and they asked coaches if they'd rather play poorly and win or play perfectly and lose. Interestingly it was unanimous that 2 points was all that matters, the only outlier was Trent Robinson.

What a crazy question. Sounds like Robbo is the only one who lied, what a wanker!

would you rather fight 1 duck as big as a horse or 100 horses the size of a duck.

asking for a friend
I would duck out either way (cause I don't give a.....duck.....................................a fight.......)

Always taught and believe you can only play what is infront of you, if you play poor and win, you still played better than the opposition.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8