Would you support a breakaway comp?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Would you support a breakaway comp?

• Yes

Votes: 40 74.1%
  • No

Votes: 14 25.9%

• Total voters
Yes as long as there is Manly Warringah Sea Eagles and refs that stop blowing stupid arse penalties for nothing infringements and stop this idiot touch football mentality in the game. Get back to real rugby league of hard defenses , fatigue and battle out a game. Not this rubbish you see in NYC where no one can tackle and play the balls like touch.

I voted yes Woodsie but it's not quite that black and white.
It would depend on the model and who's running it.
Say for instance Kerry Packer was back and Arko and Quayle were in charge I would say yes.
The old super league types , Murdoch etc it would be no.
I would like to see Sydney clubs except parramatta but including newcastle break away and form their own conference.
Someone backing that who could lobby heavily for suburban grounds improvements etc.
If the others wanted to join up they play in their own conference and by the rules.
No more sCam smiff running the show or thoroughbreds doing what they Fn well like!!

A question that must be asked.

For me, absolutely YES, enough of this Super League rubbish.
That's interesting. I love Super League. I think the opposite. I think they should promote the World Club Challenge more. Super League has some great players. I follow the Toronto Wolfpack since it's North America's team. I watched the USARL (USA's League competition) Grand Final this week. Hopefully, we can get more funding and support for our domestic league. I'm currently working for the USA Hawks right now trying to find a jersey sponsor for the World Cup this year. We need to globalize the game and get more countries involved. We need Canada involved too.

Last edited:
I reckon the nrl is too strong financially for clubs to leave now. Hope it never happens (and nrl just fix themselves) although would still support manly

I voted no as the last time this happened, the game lost something.

What about if it were combined, and everyone agreed (not just a few clubs). That would be the difference, because I agree with you....the soul was torn apart last time. I voted yes, on that merit.

The most likely scenario is that the 16 clubs simply don't renew their franchises and create a new game called Rugby ----- .

@Harry Smith the NRL is not financially strong ... they will be lucky to have a dinaro in the bank by the time of the next broadcast deal.

The most likely scenario is that the 16 clubs simply don't renew their franchises and create a new game called Rugby ----- .

@Harry Smith the NRL is not financially strong ... they will be lucky to have a dinaro in the bank by the time of the next broadcast deal.
I just can't see how they'd form a new competition and keep everything up with the popularity of the sport and the money the game has. The players aren't happy with the money they are getting as it is, can you imagine if they needed to take pay cuts to help build up a whole new organisation and sport. No, I certainly can't. There's a lot I wouldn't and don't understand although from the outside looking in I just don't see how it'd work and don't want to see anyone attempt it. Reshuffle the staff at the nrl and let's let them fix things

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8