Yart for Round 2 v Tigers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. Tom Trbojevic
06. Dylan Walker
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Jake Trbojevic
09. Api Koroisau
10. Nate Myles
11. Feleti Mateo
12. Lewis Brown
13. Marty Taupau

14. Blake Leary
15. Josh Starling
16. Brenton Lawrence
17. Matt Parcell

I like SeaEagle 21's team. However, I would start Starling, Leary, or Lawrence. Brown needs to be on the bench for his errors on Friday night - his miss kick in goal that led to a try and dropping the ball coming off our line.
I know it is early days, and Walker should improve, but I also agree with Bones and would like to see Jamie Lyon at 5/8. I know he is a great centre but I think he can create a lot of points when we get in an attacking position. Maybe at certain stages of the game Killer could yell at Walker and tell him to cover right centre and he can move into 5/8 over on the right and orchestrate.

For all of Barrett's pre-season talk that Walker doesn't have a strong kicking game, I thought he put in some very good short kicks on Friday night and that bomb he put up in the second half that landed on their line was a pearler.

I'd still leave the long kicking to DCE, but it was good to see that Walker wasn't afraid to back himself on Friday and that it shows that we don't have to rely on Cherry to do everything.

He wasn't perfect, far from it, but he showed that the basic skills are there. As he gets more comfortable in the role the more he plays in the position, the better he'll be. Remember that when he played 5/8 in 3 games for Souffs in 2014 it was only ever going to be as a fill in because Sutton had to play lock to cover for injury. Here he's got the chance to make the #6 his own and I saw enough on Friday to think he'll do that. He just needs time.

In some ways I think Manly fans have been spoiled over the years with 5/8's. Bozo, Ian Martin, Thommo, Cliffy, Killer, Foran. I'm not saying that Walker is our next Bozo or Cliffy, but I think he'll prove to be a good long term pivot for us.

Is there a worse feeling after a tough loss on a Friday night (round one especially) than waiting around until the Monday of the next round to play.

Potentially, my wife is a big Tigers fan and over the off season i have been using every opportunity to tell her that Marty decided to come to a winning club... I think i am due my dose of Karma on Monday night

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4