Your most painful experience.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
[quote author=lsz]
I have had two knee reconstructions – the second was a breeze. I walked out the day after the operation.
It all depends on the doc – my first was a hack second was great.

Do you have a good physio? I did some good physio and that helped (do your hamstring stretches!)

Merv Cross would be the man to see!
[/quote]

as in for the knee reco

I had an arthroscopy by his partner – I will name him on here but he did a hatchet job.

It probably caused the instability that lead to my first reco

Merv Cross did my knees in North Shore Private. Cant speak highly enough about him. It was so good the whole experience was almost enjoyable.

Not now, but in years gone by MC was THE knee doc for all the sporting stars. I was the first non professional althlete he did. They videod it and all.

he is a top bloke too- used to go to school with his son and go to his joint on the weekends

I had a bodgy knee and saw Merv Cross in the late 70s (very early days in knowledge of knees). He gave me a recupe programme, it got better and it has never bothered me again.. I thought he was a genius as other docs had said surgery. My peers who had surgery never played again with the speed they once had.

Spent 22 hours in remote location with multiple contusions, concussion and 3 broken ribs which had torn completely throught he lung. On the plus side of things it only hurt severely when i either breathed or moved. A lot of fun.

Did something very similar in breaking a couple of ribs and puncturing/collapsing a lung. It only took me about 2 hours to get to the hospital, so I couldn't imagine what a 22 hour wait would have been like. I was well and truly high on Morphine by that time.

Agree with CW re: Byso & Latham.

Besides that - not me, but my Uncle when a little tacka growing up on a farm, did something naughty (and as was in theme at the time), the Dad went after him to give him a whooping. My Uncle (being the little turd) decided to run. Run, and jump the barbed wire fence. Well, what do you know, the rusty wire caught hold of his testicles, and thoroughly ripped them clean across. Hence to say immediate surgery was required to re-pack, and sew them back together.

I would assume that would be a little tender.

Well, what do you know, the rusty wire caught hold of his testicles, and thoroughly ripped them clean across. Hence to say immediate surgery was required to re-pack, and sew them back together.

I would assume that would be a little tender.

Tears in my eyes just reading about it :(
:( :( :( :( :(

I heard a story about a couple of boarders at a certain boarding school (which I didn't go to) who wedgied a guy so hard his testicle exploded....I wouldve found this hard to believe if I hadnt heard it with my own two ears from a teacher at the school (he wasnt speaking to me I was in the next room)

[quote author=Downie]
[quote author=Matabele]
Knee reconstruction.

How painful is that? I'm having one in about a month from now =/
[/quote]

Before I had mine everyone told me that the pain is indescribable - you have to experience it to understand.

The first 24 hours were okay and I was wondering what the fuss was about. Then they took away the morphine and the next 2-3 weeks were sheer hell.

Mine is bodgied up again but I'm not sure I can go back for another one knowing what I'm in for.

This was an ACL reconstruction - apparently it's the worst as they drill into your bones.

[/quote]

Thanks for that. I'm having the exact same operation :cry:

I heard a story about a couple of boarders at a certain boarding school (which I didn't go to) who wedgied a guy so hard his testicle exploded....I wouldve found this hard to believe if I hadnt heard it with my own two ears from a teacher at the school (he wasnt speaking to me I was in the next room)
I have a hunch this one is correct PJ, though maybe not quite in the way you have described. :roll: :roll: :roll:

a amte at school copped a knee during a footy game at lunch and ended up with twisted testes - took 6 months or so before it was fixed and he could walk normally

AS for me ive got nothing much, a few broken bones and KO'd once or twice, falling in the cactus bush as a kid but the most painful is being puched physically and metally beyond my limits for 12 days straight on 3 hours of broken sleep a night in 40 degree plus heat, took me weeks to recover from no injuries.

I was born with disabilities to both my feet. The 9 operations and rehab I have gone through have been pretty painful. I now have arthritis in both ankles making walking such a treat :~?
Also having 2 x local anaesthetics jabbed into the old scrotum for the snip wasn't the most pleasant experience either :|

I was born with disabilities to both my feet. The 9 operations and rehab I have gone through have been pretty painful. I now have arthritis in both ankles making walking such a treat :~?
Also having 2 x local anaesthetics jabbed into the old scrotum for the snip wasn't the most pleasant experience either :|
I remember that one. I had two attractive female doctors doing the deed, laughing and joking whilst I was in pain and humiliation, with them cutting away my future ability to be a parent. I felt very vulnerable whilst they joked about getting the right vessels etc. Physically painful but even more so psychologically!!!

haha.

My latest painful experience is reading one of Ryans posts on MSE asking the club to ring a bell every time Bell has the ball. :stupid: :roll:

I remember that one. I had two attractive female doctors doing the need, laughing and joking whilst I was in pain, with them cutting away my future to be a parent. I felt very vulnerable whilst they joked about getting the right vessells etc. Physically painful but even more so psychologically!!!

Even more so when the doctor says "Oops!" :doh: and then says that he was only joking! The bastard hasn't even called or sent flowers......

[quote author=Ryan]

haha.

My latest painful experience is reading one of Ryans posts on MSE asking the club to ring a bell every time Bell has the ball. :stupid: :roll:

[/quote]You are entitled to your opinion on Latham. it is just the broken record of a childsih mantra that gets tiresome. Somewhat like the ringing of a bell :lol2:

[quote author=Goldie]
I remember that one. I had two attractive female doctors doing the deed, laughing and joking whilst I was in pain and humiliation, with them cutting away my future ability to be a parent. I felt very vulnerable whilst they joked about getting the right vessels etc. Physically painful but even more so psychologically!!!

[/quote]
Got to go the general anaesthetic boys much better, even though I had a strange dream where they put a funny outfit on my manhood and took photo's

[quote author=byso]
[quote author=Ryan]

haha.

[/quote]You are entitled to your opinion on Latham. it is just the broken record of a childsih mantra that gets tiresome. Somewhat like the ringing of a bell :lol2:

[/quote]

:violin: :violin: I think the majority of Aussies share my view of that loser, but it was always fun rubbing it in to the numbskulls faces that so strongly supported him to become PM :dance: :dance:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4