Your views on 2024 after Round 1

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Well whilst round 1 isn’t quite over as this is being typed , the Cowbotys have quite a lead over the Dolphins so let’s assume they go on to win that one.

So , and I know it’s a long long way to go BUT what are your views on the competition for 2024??

Penrith held to nil.

Bulldogs despite their $$$$ still looking crap.

The Dragons maybe not spooners as baby thought ??

Manly looking the goods

Post away everyone.

Penrith is just getting over their hangover form another premiership win and world club challenge trip, they will be up there.
Manly started a lot better than I thought we would and I am excited with Brooks in the side this year. (maybe still that 1 centre short). I think a top 6 finish is realistic in the regular season.....
Dragons looked ok and I think they will win as many as they lose. Dogs, always nice to see them fail first up after all the bullsh1t build up. Melbourne, well they are just Melbourne, they never seem to die. Parra wont do much better than last year, along with Canberra, Knights and Sharks.

Penrith is just getting over their hangover form another premiership win and world club challenge trip, they will be up there.
Manly started a lot better than I thought we would and I am excited with Brooks in the side this year. (maybe still that 1 centre short). I think a top 6 finish is realistic in the regular season.....
Dragons looked ok and I think they will win as many as they lose. Dogs, always nice to see them fail first up after all the bullsh1t build up. Melbourne, well they are just Melbourne, they never seem to die. Parra wont do much better than last year, along with Canberra, Knights and Sharks.
Raiders fans buying their GF tickets 😂😂😂

Penrith, Storm , Roosters are top 4 certain.
Cows , Sharks , Broncos, Warriors should all make 8.
1 spot left and I'm nowhere near convinced our defense is good enough. Souffs scored 5 easy tries and they weren't playing well at all.

I think Vegas was a bit of a false economy in respect of our game in particular. Whistle put away (which was great) to create the spectacle.

That said I think if we stay fit we’ll play finals and this year are better served to replace Turbo if he goes down. Souths are no slouches so always a big win.

Not really been impressed by many teams this weekend. Storm strong D. Dragons prob next - but I actually picked them to win on paper. Flanagan will have them competing most weeks I think. Dogs very poor and already injuries popping up.

SE Wld teams pretty ordinary. I think the Broncs will do it tough this year. Just a feeling I have.

Panthers will have to start feeling the pinch eventually, and this year might be it. Have them slipping down the ladder. Mel D was good, but that lineup was pretty average and Pen failed to fire a shot.

Knights very poor.

The Rorters look good on paper and they will go close with the depth they have.

Broncos have some good emerging talent getting a crack this season in Mariner (left centre playing right wing) Piakura and Willison, they have good depth in their squad.

Panthers they will be there come finals time.

Manly, a good team performance against the vermin, depth will be tested if injuries strike, strategically have 3 top 30 spots to fill, never know what unfolds between now and June.

Look forward to seeing how the new style of play goes against the good quality teams after they get a few games under their belt.

Hot tip.....dont read anything into round 1.

Panthers will be right up there.

Raiders and Dragons played simple games and fought hard but that wont stacked up against teams when they hit their rhythm.

I think both will be 12th or lower.

Roosters and us looked decent but Vegas an outlier, need to see more. Dont think Roosters are a top 4 lock yet.

I think we would have put 50 on just about every team that played this weekend except for Melbourne, Penrith, and maybe the Eels and Dragons.

There were some horrible showings this weekend.

So , and I know it’s a long long way to go BUT what are your views on the competition for 2024??

Penrith held to nil.

Bulldogs despite their $$$$ still looking crap.

The Dragons maybe not spooners as baby thought ??

Manly looking the goods

Post away everyone.
Based on round 1, I'd say top 4 will be Penrith, Roosters and possibly Storm and Manly. Penrith suffering from GF and WCC hangover and will snap out of it soon. Storm largely depends on when Munster returns and for how long - it doesn't sound like he'll be back anytime soon.

Broncs, Cows, Warriors for the 8, with 8th spot up for grabs.

Despite their recruitment, the Dogs have replaced the Dragons for the spoon. At this early stage, it looks like Flano's done a good job with the Dragons in the preseason...so far.

Dogs and Gold Coast were very average but it is early days. Our start in 2021 was the worst I’ve ever seen and then we made the top 4.

To early to make any bold predictions on the season, but here’s how I saw each team.

The storm we‘re the stand out.

The fins easily the worst.

Manly, Rosters, Cows, Goons good result, played well.

Broncos, Warriors, South’s were average.

Newcastle, Dogs, Titans poor.

Raiders, Sharks, Parra got the 2 points, might be harsh on the gummies, probably should be in with us, but just didn’t think they played that well, good win though, very handy 2 points over there.

Riff, AMMI park, Rd 1, World Cup, etc, they started similar last year, still believe they will be in it up to their necks.

Tigers? Think it’ll be a long year for them along with the fins and the dogs.

Translates to
Manly storm top 4
Chased by Penrith & roosters
Dolphins tigers bottom 4
Battling with dogs tits
Newcastle dragons sneak out of bottom 4 just
Sharks and NZ top of 8-5
Cows to make 8 just
The rest yeah nah

You have to laugh: Illawarra going the early crow and declaring it has turned the corner after beating that powerhouse club, the Tits!
I also heard it said that the Dragons had discovered their DNA, and have called it The Dragon Way . . . .
Wow. I wonder where Flanagan copied that concept from?

You have to laugh: Illawarra going the early crow and declaring it has turned the corner after beating that powerhouse club, the Tits!
I also heard it said that the Dragons had discovered their DNA, and have called it The Dragon Way . . . .
Wow. I wonder where Flanagan copied that concept from?
IMG_6117.jpeg

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8