Zorba Legend!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
tookey said:
Jerry1 said:
I met zorba at a function you organized the day before he got punted. Was a great bloke with heaps of passion for the club.

Lot of ... posted on here with nothing to back it up.

Backed up Jerry1

The end is near for Brookvale ground announcer

There are many advantages in the Penn family virtually taking full control at Manly.

The bickering will end and star players will now want to re-sign.

I also hear it will mean the end of veteran Brookvale ground announcer Grant Goldman.

Goldman annoyed the crowd with his irritating and constant chatter and was known to struggle with the pronunciation of opposition players' names at times.

http://www.sportal.com.au/league/news/the-lurker---nrl-rumour-file---wednesday/ruqk9h9uk6bk14j890pqc23qu
I have never minded grant - I sit on the hill by the beer shed usually 40m line. To be honest you can't hear jack ****e there so I don't really care who sits behind the mic. He's been there a while so no need to punt him.

Moondog said:
He was on the door one night at Fanny Adams and would'nt let me in, reckoned I was too pissed.....fair dinkum, how can you be TOO pissed?

haha - Lol'd

Mark from Brisbane said:
Grant Goldman being sacked is another Zorba revenge act, they hate each other.

In my opinion Goldman is " the voice " of Brookvale , so what if he can't pronounce a few islander names......he'd hardly be the first !!

Goldman is a lot better than the clown that replaced him for a season

The Wheel said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Grant Goldman being sacked is another Zorba revenge act, they hate each other.

In my opinion Goldman is " the voice " of Brookvale , so what if he can't pronounce a few islander names......he'd hardly be the first !!

Goldman is a lot better than the clown that replaced him for a season

If the " legend" has his way that's who you'll get back in 2015!!

I'm with you @Mark from Brisbane. Zorba has been at the centre of destabilizing this club and now we all need to kiss his fat ***? Screw that!

I'm happy that the Penns are in control, actually I really don't care who is in control, I just believe it was needed to stop the split. And so far I'm happy with what's been coming out of the Penns. ie moving quickly to exit choc, bring in Mason, Mateo. And then also good noises about DCE and Foz. But I don't like the Revenge Squad headed by Zorba, it's petty and pathetic, and it's all about getting back at those that slighted him. He would sink the club in a second if it enabled him to get some payback. No Manly legend in my eyes.

Look at our coach, he's a Manly Legend. Toovey seems like the sort of person (and I don't know him) that would fall on his sword if he felt it was for the good of the club.....would Zorba? No way in hell!

Mark from Brisbane said:

As Dan pointed out in the Feleti Mateo thread, some player's names can be a mouthful.:rolleyes:

Killer03 said:
Look at our coach, he's a Manly Legend. Toovey seems like the sort of person (and I don't know him) that would fall on his sword if he felt it was for the good of the club.....would Zorba? No way in hell!
Tooves is more Zorro than Zorba.

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE said:
I see a greek restaurant advertisement on this thread.Looks like zorbs allready on the ball.

Weird..I see a Seek.com.au advert. Looks like David Perry is too. I JOOOOKE

Zorba still the king

There have been a few questions asked about Peter Peters' exact role at Manly following the ownership restructure.

We can tell you Zorba won't be back as part of the media team nor will he sit in on day-to-day operations at the club.

But he will be one of the five Penn appointments on the new board and act as the family's eyes and ears.

Peters will also be used in an ambassadorial role and as a go-between for potential sponsors.

It was Zorba who kick-started negotiations that led to Manly securing Coco Joy as the club's sleeve sponsor on a lucrative multi-season deal.

But don't expect him to be silenced should issues arise.

"I have always spoken my mind and will continue to do so while keeping the club's best interests at heart," he told The Final Rev-Up.

http://www.sportal.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/the-final-rev-up---summer-edition/1furpuxo4kuih1ufwqd9n1dawq

tookey said:
Zorba still the king

There have been a few questions asked about Peter Peters' exact role at Manly following the ownership restructure.

We can tell you Zorba won't be back as part of the media team nor will he sit in on day-to-day operations at the club.

But he will be one of the five Penn appointments on the new board and act as the family's eyes and ears.

Peters will also be used in an ambassadorial role and as a go-between for potential sponsors.

It was Zorba who kick-started negotiations that led to Manly securing Coco Joy as the club's sleeve sponsor on a lucrative multi-season deal.

But don't expect him to be silenced should issues arise.

"I have always spoken my mind and will continue to do so while keeping the club's best interests at heart," he told The Final Rev-Up.

http://www.sportal.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/the-final-rev-up---summer-edition/1furpuxo4kuih1ufwqd9n1dawq

Not quite sure what to make of that last statement. I'm guessing he see's the clubs best interests and his own as mutually inclusive.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4