Zorba ranting about Kelly Q & A being leaked by a fannn

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I went to the swans v GWS game on the weekend and the AFL fan experience is night and day compared to NRL. Its pathetic really. Outside the ground is a full carnival atmosphere. Heaps of stuff for kids to do. Easy to get a beer. A thousand times better IMO and costs the same.
Their jerseys are cheaper to!
No wonder NRL struggles

Definitely the latter, but.... Sometimes you have a bird that'll come along, sometimes one that doesn't but I've never heard of any of that other stuff being the deciding factor. Just whether it's their scene or not.
I was a kid once (believe it or not) and I loved going to the footy for just the footy. Begged my Dad to take me more and more until I was old enough to just wander up the road myself. The thought of anything else being there never occurred to me. I just wanted to see Cliffy and Mal Cochrane play.

I'm with you Duff, bugger the other crap.
I'm there to watch the footy.
I was brought up going to all three grades ( u23's, ressies, 1sts), peanuts in the shell, 1st try scorer doubles etc.
My dad went for Wests, one brother Saints and the other two of us The Mighty Sea Eagles. It didn't matter whether it was Lidcombe, Kogarah or Brookie- we went for the footy, got there around 11ish and had a day out - even the boomerang throw, 100m sprints and bomb catching at half time....and hopefully get on the ground afterwards.

This is where they get it all wrong now, we're effectively going for ONE game and thats it.
It's a battle to get to a Friday night game by 7.30 no matter where it is and then you're shunted out the door 10 mins after. There is no incentive to get there early even if we could. Most of us have no idea who's playing ressies or NYC and that's where our supporter base should come from, seeing the young guys that may come through.

No surprises that in zorba's article, no mention of an apology.

Just 2 or 3 not so subtle barbs at 2v.

I went to the swans v GWS game on the weekend and the AFL fan experience is night and day compared to NRL. Its pathetic really. Outside the ground is a full carnival atmosphere. Heaps of stuff for kids to do. Easy to get a beer. A thousand times better IMO and costs the same.

You should go to an AFL game in one of the cities dominated by them such as Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth. Even I'll admit the game day experience is first class.

• 25 Apr 2015
  • Manly Daily
  • Peter Peters is a director of the Sea Eagles and Manly Leagues Club
No sitting on defence

SEA EAGLES MISS STEWART’S ORGANISING SKILL

Stewart’s ability with ball in hand is legendary but it is his organising of the defence from fullback which goes unnoticed by many except the most astute judges.

Stewart barks orders from the back in where the defence needs shoring up. His experience in this area has been vital to Manly’s defence pattern over the past decade.

Without Stewart in the past few weeks there has been a real problem in defence out wide on both sides of the field.

Snake has travelled with a 20-man squad for today’s Anzac Day clash with Melbourne Storm.

A decision on his thigh injury will be made a few hours before kick-off.

He rates himself a good chance of playing.

Five-eighth Kieran Foran, who missed the last match against the Bulldogs with a slight hamstring tear, has also made the trip.

Like Stewart, he will be given until close to kick-off time before a decision is made on his availability.

Foran is a 50/50 chance of taking the field.

Coach Geoff Toovey changed his preparation for the Storm game after the wild weather on the northern beaches forced the team off normal training fields at Narrabeen and Brookvale.

In a smart move, Toovey organised the side to travel to Melbourne early yesterday to enable the traditional captain’s run to be held in better conditions.

TAKE OWNERSHIP

TODAY’S match against the Storm gives the Sea Eagles players an ideal opportunity to stop talking about supporting coach Toovey and actually take ownership of their dismal start to the season.

While the club has been hit by a sledgehammer in terms of a huge injury toll the effort of the team has been unacceptable in every aspect.

Week after week they have come out in support of their coach, which is admirable.

But, two months into the premiership, the time for talking is over.

It’s time for some on field action.

Manly v Melbourne is traditionally a close battle. Indeed the Storm are Manly’s only scalp this season.

An away win today would be a timely kickstart to getting away from the bottom of the table.

TRBOJEVIC IMPRESSES

HIS younger brother is the headline grabber but I like the way young prop Jake Trbojevic has taken his opportunities this season.

Trbojevic, 21, has been outstanding in a generally disappointing pack this season.

He hits hard in defence, runs the ball strongly and has a big engine to enable him to play plenty of minutes.

The Mona Vale Raiders junior is gaining in confidence with every game in the NRL.

He was particularly strong against the big Bulldogs pack last Friday.

Meanwhile, Tom Trbojevic remains two matches away from making his return after a high ankle strain.

BROOKIE IN TOP SHAPE

NO ACTIVITY and plenty of rain has Brookvale Oval in tip top shape for next Sunday’s home game against Newcastle Knights.

It will be Manly’s first game at home since round three when the ground was rightly criticised for its poor surface.

A top dressing and plenty of work has got the old girl back looking her best.

The team will meet fans at Manly Leagues Club after the match.

• 25 Apr 2015
  • Manly Daily
  • Peter Peters is a director of the Sea Eagles and Manly Leagues Club
No sitting on defence

SEA EAGLES MISS STEWART’S ORGANISING SKILL

Stewart’s ability with ball in hand is legendary but it is his organising of the defence from fullback which goes unnoticed by many except the most astute judges.

Stewart barks orders from the back in where the defence needs shoring up. His experience in this area has been vital to Manly’s defence pattern over the past decade.

Without Stewart in the past few weeks there has been a real problem in defence out wide on both sides of the field.

Snake has travelled with a 20-man squad for today’s Anzac Day clash with Melbourne Storm.

A decision on his thigh injury will be made a few hours before kick-off.

He rates himself a good chance of playing.

Five-eighth Kieran Foran, who missed the last match against the Bulldogs with a slight hamstring tear, has also made the trip.

Like Stewart, he will be given until close to kick-off time before a decision is made on his availability.

Foran is a 50/50 chance of taking the field.

Coach Geoff Toovey changed his preparation for the Storm game after the wild weather on the northern beaches forced the team off normal training fields at Narrabeen and Brookvale.

In a smart move, Toovey organised the side to travel to Melbourne early yesterday to enable the traditional captain’s run to be held in better conditions.

TAKE OWNERSHIP

TODAY’S match against the Storm gives the Sea Eagles players an ideal opportunity to stop talking about supporting coach Toovey and actually take ownership of their dismal start to the season.

While the club has been hit by a sledgehammer in terms of a huge injury toll the effort of the team has been unacceptable in every aspect.

Week after week they have come out in support of their coach, which is admirable.

But, two months into the premiership, the time for talking is over.

It’s time for some on field action.

Manly v Melbourne is traditionally a close battle. Indeed the Storm are Manly’s only scalp this season.

An away win today would be a timely kickstart to getting away from the bottom of the table.

TRBOJEVIC IMPRESSES

HIS younger brother is the headline grabber but I like the way young prop Jake Trbojevic has taken his opportunities this season.

Trbojevic, 21, has been outstanding in a generally disappointing pack this season.

He hits hard in defence, runs the ball strongly and has a big engine to enable him to play plenty of minutes.

The Mona Vale Raiders junior is gaining in confidence with every game in the NRL.

He was particularly strong against the big Bulldogs pack last Friday.

Meanwhile, Tom Trbojevic remains two matches away from making his return after a high ankle strain.

BROOKIE IN TOP SHAPE

NO ACTIVITY and plenty of rain has Brookvale Oval in tip top shape for next Sunday’s home game against Newcastle Knights.

It will be Manly’s first game at home since round three when the ground was rightly criticised for its poor surface.

A top dressing and plenty of work has got the old girl back looking her best.

The team will meet fans at Manly Leagues Club after the match.
What a dumb arse ..... He doesn't even know when we play. The game is not next Sunday. It is the following week .....

He just dials them in. Just like he dials in his boardroom time, or his participation in the game of life. The rest of the time he is at the Forestville TAB or Mrs Ritchie's house nearby, for a nice roast dinner and a few tips for young Dean.

46 minutes!? really ? did he sound sincere ? or was he still chest beating his way through a faux apology ?

you should call him back.

Thanks for the update.

I didn't think messages could be left for that long!

BE: "are you running zorba?"
Z: "No I just ate a whole turkey"

It also works as "no I just ate a turkey whole"

I have received a call from Zorba last week but missed the call he left a message and he says sorry in the 46min message

Nice to hear that Zorba rang you and said sorry. 46 minutes, that is a long message. He must have had a lot to say. I hope it was all good. And I hope you listened intently to the whole message. Imagine how long it could have been if you had answered the call @:)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8