2013 Rumoured and confirmed signings.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
EagleRock40 said:
Willie Tonga >>> Leeds
As reported by Fox Sports, it needs to happen if the Eels want to sign Folau

Gee I'm gonna laugh if Folau gets injuried early in the season. Body ATM is designed for AFL and he will need time work on it.

EagleRock40 said:
I dont consider Rose in that group Stevo. Some are critical of his fitness but he has and always will be an impact type of player. He can produce good offloads, something Ive never seen from Mauro and he attracts more defenders and usually gains more metres.
As mentioned earlier I wouldnt be worried if he has moved onto Penrith, and would probably suit both clubs.

I'm a bit of a stats man ER40.

George Rose Vic Mauro

Runs 135 Runs 139
Metres 1195 Metres 976
O/Loads 10 O/loads 3
Tackles 207 Tackles 352
Miss/t 32 Miss/t 10
Errors 6 Errors 2

So George is slightly more efficient with the ball under his arm but made 150 tackles less and 20 missed tackles more.

I would argue that 22 missed tackles is much more damaging than 219 run metres less.

I'd take Mauro anyday. But thats just my opinion.

Stevo said:
EagleRock40 said:
I dont consider Rose in that group Stevo. Some are critical of his fitness but he has and always will be an impact type of player. He can produce good offloads, something Ive never seen from Mauro and he attracts more defenders and usually gains more metres.
As mentioned earlier I wouldnt be worried if he has moved onto Penrith, and would probably suit both clubs.

George Rose Vic Mauro

Runs 135 Runs 139
Metres 1195 Metres 976
O/Loads 10 O/loads 3
Tackles 207 Tackles 352
Miss/t 32 Miss/t 10
Errors 6 Errors 2

So George is slightly more efficient with the ball under his arm but made 150 tackles less and 20 missed tackles more.

I would argue that 22 missed tackles is much more damaging than 219 run metres less.

Need to factor in minutes played as well

EagleRock40 said:
Willie Tonga >>> Leeds
As reported by Fox Sports, it needs to happen if the Eels want to sign Folau

Where is he going to play?
Hardraker and Watkins have the centre posi's wrapped up.
Should look at Wigan - George Carmont recently returned to NZ so they should be looking for a centre

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Stevo said:
EagleRock40 said:

George Rose Vic Mauro

Runs 135 Runs 139
Metres 1195 Metres 976
O/Loads 10 O/loads 3
Tackles 207 Tackles 352
Miss/t 32 Miss/t 10
Errors 6 Errors 2

Need to factor in minutes played as well

Fair point. Vic played 63 minutes more than George in 2012

Bulldog comes home: McGlinchy returns to Eagles Nest
Rugby League

16 Nov 12 @ 05:52pm by Jon Geddes

THE Sea Eagles have struck back at arch-rivals Canterbury by pinching promising international centre Dean McGlinchy from the Bulldogs' kennel.

The powerhouse 22-year-old Avalon junior who is in the Italian rugby league World Cup squad has returned home to the northern beaches after the last three years at Belmore and could prove a surprise packet next season.

McGlinchy's signing comes after Canterbury poached a number of Sea Eagles staff following Des Hasler's defection to Belmore.

``It is good to be back, I feel revitalised and this is like a fresh new start,'' McGlinchy told the Manly Daily.

``And it's only a short drive from Avalon down to Narrabeen after driving for an hour to get to Belmore.''

While McGlinchy enjoyed his time at the Bulldogs, he has always been a peninsula boy at heart.

``I've lived at Avalon since I was born and it's good to be back in the community,'' he said.

He started playing for the local footy team when he was six and stayed there until he was 16.

He was a member of the Sea Eagles under-17 development squad and was set to play SG Ball with Daly Cherry-Evans, Kieran Foran and Darcy Lussick before breaking his hand.

McGlinchy then spent two years with the Tigers SG Ball side before spending three years with the Bulldogs NSW Cup squad.

While he will start in the NSW Cup side, McGlinchy's goal is to crack the NRL squad.

``I'm pretty committed at the moment. I've been doing extra training on my own as well as the sessions with Manly,'' he said.

`` I feel really settled in.''

McGlinchy qualified for the Italian side through his mother who is Italian-German and he he recently played against Fiji.

Sea Eagles head strength and conditioning guru Don Singe is excited about the potential he sees in McGlinchy.

''Physically Dean is a beast,'' Singe said.

``He is a big strong, fast, aggressive player and he obviously works hard himself.

``I will train him for repeat ability so that he is like a Steve Matai and can just go again and again.''

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/bulldog-comes-home-mcglinchy-returns-to-eagles-nest/

I just read on the NRL website that we have signed 14 new players for next year. We have also resigned Snake so I hope he is now officially signed for the rest of his football playing years.

Palau is a long time friend of Tony Williams hence the dogs signing him. Nothing more than a bench player for nsw cup.

Tooves is going to have some very difficult headaches 12 through 17 in my opinion playing roster wise. I struggle to see how we can fit everyone in.

I'm assuming the "some what" experienced NRL players will be selected in Horo, Fa'oso, & Lawrence. We then have to make room for Buhrer, Rose, Galuvao and Mauro (noting Tooves did play Mauro in reggies a few times last year).

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. David Williams
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Jamie Buhrer
15. Richie Fa'aoso
17. Joe Galuvao

We then have two spots left for: Vic Mauro, George Rose, Brenton Lawrence & Justin Horo. Then to a lesser degree Ligi Sao, Michael Chee-Kam, James Cunningham & others who I'm sure I'm missing?

Personally, I'd put Horo in the backrow, with Lawrence on the bench.

Our Premier League team should be super strong this season.

mbe said:
I just read on the NRL website that we have signed 14 new players for next year. We have also resigned Snake so I hope he is now officially signed for the rest of his football playing years.

Link?

Ryan said:
Tooves is going to have some very difficult headaches 12 through 17 in my opinion playing roster wise. I struggle to see how we can fit everyone in.

I'm assuming the "some what" experienced NRL players will be selected in Horo, Fa'oso, & Lawrence. We then have to make room for Buhrer, Rose, Galuvao and Mauro (noting Tooves did play Mauro in reggies a few times last year).

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. David Williams
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Jamie Buhrer
15. Richie Fa'aoso
17. Joe Galuvao

We then have two spots left for: Vic Mauro, George Rose, Brenton Lawrence & Justin Horo. Then to a lesser degree Ligi Sao, Michael Chee-Kam, James Cunningham & others who I'm sure I'm missing?

Personally, I'd put Horo in the backrow, with Lawrence on the bench.

Our Premier League team should be super strong this season.

I'd also say Horo and Lawrence will take the two spots. Toovey doesn't seem to be a fan of Rose or Mauro. The younger signings like MCK and Sao will not start the year in the top grade.

Latest update from NRL site

Additions:

Michael Chee Kam (Raiders)
Richie Fa'aoso (Melbourne Storm)
Ligi Sao (Warriors)
James Hasson (Sharks)
Ben Musolino (Dragons)
Brenton Lawrence (Titans)
Dane Chisholm (Wests Tigers)
Jacob Gagan (Eels NYC)
David Gower (Dragons)
Peta Hiku (Warriors NYC)
Jesse Sene-Lefao (Panthers)
Kayne Lawton (Titans)
Esi Tonga (Eels)
Justin Horo (Eels)

Losses:

Dean Whare (Panthers)
Tony Williams (Bulldogs)
Darcy Lussick (Eels)
Daniel Harrison (Eels)
Michael Oldfield (Roosters)
Josh Drinkwater (Dragons)

Re-Signed:

Daly Cherry-Evans
Kieran Foran
Steve Matai
Matt Ballin
Jorge Taufua
David Williams
Brett Stewart

Off Contract:

Junior Palau
Liam Foran
James Cunningham

2013 Coach:

Geoff Toovey

http://www.nrl.com/TelstraPremiership/PlayerTransfers/tabid/10248/Default.aspx

Well Im certainly convinced that Manly admin has done an outstanding job.

Re-signing the cream and letting a select few go and signing up a raft of younger talent readying for a revitalisation of the squad.

And all done without any here predicting that we would have signed up 14 new promising talents. Noone foresaw that happening.

An excellent year with nothing but optimism for next year & beyond.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10