2013 Rumoured and confirmed signings.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Apparently Saints are also having a big dip at Widdop as well. Wouldn't be surprised to see Morris Dugan And either Widdop or Carney in the Red V next year. With Cooper and Soward departing they're throwing huge coin at these guys.

Not an age thing but is he going to develop any more than what he has? They must have identified 6 as a problem issue in their lower grades?

I would have thought 2 years

Kiwi Eagle said:
Soward is a far better player than all the crap he cops. And since Price has finally ditched the Bennett structures and become his own man as a coach, they have won 3 straight and look good with the ball, especially Soward

I reckon he will go ok under Cleary

I don't know what you do when you watch footy but you're obviously not paying attention. Soward easily the worst 5/8 in the comp.

lsz said:
Agree he is solid kiwi but 4 years?

Solid? He has a good kicking game, is quick. Passing game is average and defence is absolutely abysmal.

Soward is very overrated. The scary part is if you take out his efforts in 2013 it would be far worse still.....
Tompkins is a sensation imo & if Snake did cop an injury I would love to see him at Brookvale oval as his replacement. Too good for the clubs mentioned & if its the warriors on current form, they will need to trade 5 players for him.

Napper said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Soward is a far better player than all the crap he cops. And since Price has finally ditched the Bennett structures and become his own man as a coach, they have won 3 straight and look good with the ball, especially Soward

I don't know what you do when you watch footy but you're obviously not paying attention. Soward easily the worst 5/8 in the comp.

lsz said:

Solid? He has a good kicking game, is quick. Passing game is average and defence is absolutely abysmal.

That's the bandwagon view mate, watch the last 3 weeks of them closely, he is playing well at the moment. Last weekend he played a big part in all 3 tries they scored then knocked over the winning point.
But to go through with your point, are you trying to tell me Luke Kelly, Chad Townsend, Tom Humble, Thomas Leuluai etc are all far better players ? He led his side to a comp, he can't be all that bad

Jamie Lyon was never that bad when he was the most "over rated, over priced" player in the comp, Willie Mason was never as bad as made out, Brad Fittler was the most over rated for a while as well haha.
Soward isn't the worlds greatest halve but he is far from as bad as everyone makes him out to be, he is just 1 of those blokes that is popular to bag

I think it's a good signing for Penrith. They need some playmaker there to build around & Soward wouldn't have commanded that high of a price either. Four year contract is a bit iffy, but I'd imagine that that is something that Soward's management would have pushed for, so it's not out of the realms of possibility that the Riff got something back in exchange for that concession.

They missed out on the marquee addition in Thurston but still added a proven performer at a crucial position, who is a big name to boot. Lets them move Coote to fullback & use the youth system to find a partner for Soward. It's pretty smart business IMO.

the mauler said:
Wasn't Gus at the Roosters when they punted Soward? Pure desperation... How anyone would sign him for 4 years is beyond me. Lol....

Gould loves Soward. He was coach at Roosters when Soward played lower grades. Has always had a thing for him. No surprise he picked him up for Panthers, although 4 year deal seems a bit long to me.

Kiwi Eagle said:
Napper said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

lsz said:

That's the bandwagon view mate, watch the last 3 weeks of them closely, he is playing well at the moment. Last weekend he played a big part in all 3 tries they scored then knocked over the winning point.
But to go through with your point, are you trying to tell me Luke Kelly, Chad Townsend, Tom Humble, Thomas Leuluai etc are all far better players ? He led his side to a comp, he can't be all that bad

Jamie Lyon was never that bad when he was the most "over rated, over priced" player in the comp, Willie Mason was never as bad as made out, Brad Fittler was the most over rated for a while as well haha.
Soward isn't the worlds greatest halve but he is far from as bad as everyone makes him out to be, he is just 1 of those blokes that is popular to bag

Most of the crap Soward cops has nothing to do with his ability. It has more to do with him coming across as a sook, or a cat. He will always be a cat IMO after he bit Matt Ballin a few years back.

voicefromthehill said:
the mauler said:
Wasn't Gus at the Roosters when they punted Soward? Pure desperation... How anyone would sign him for 4 years is beyond me. Lol....

He is part of their 5 year plan

If VOTH you are alluding the succession of 5 year plans that Stain and Mao both set out to implement in their respective countries, your comparison has me quite amused. Many times these 5 years plans achieved little constructive benefit but looked good in planning. And by the time a new 5 year plan was being promoted, the old plan had been long forgotten as having been a waste of effort.

Good thinking VOTH

simon64 said:
Joel Thompson -----> Dragons for 3 years.

Repotedly for $400,000 a season. I can't understand how Illawarra would pay that much for him and not try to get back Josh Morris from the Dogs. I'd pay 50% more for Morris than Thompson, plus he is a local junior and I'm sure the Morris brothers would love to play together again. Have players who have grown up supporting the club, whereever possible.

Not that I care. I dislike Illawarra. But I think they are engaging in the failed Easts, 'Riff and Doesn'tMatta policy of panic purchasing; paying over the odds for anybody stupid enough to join them ie. Dugan and Carney.
For me, Illawarra should have the player nursery to always be strong, while St George has a winning culture and generally recruits selectively.

Bearfax said:
voicefromthehill said:
the mauler said:

He is part of their 5 year plan

If VOTH you are alluding the succession of 5 year plans that Stain and Mao both set out to implement in their respective countries, your comparison has me quite amused. Many times these 5 years plans achieved little constructive benefit but looked good in planning. And by the time a new 5 year plan was being promoted, the old plan had been long forgotten as having been a waste of effort.

Good thinking VOTH

VOTH ? Voicefr Om The Hill?

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11