2013 Rumoured and confirmed signings.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
[
The part I would like to know with regards to the Big League article is if its Blair that is waiting or is it Manly waiting. ie, Blair wants to play first grade and if Wolfman stays on he doesn't like his chances so is waiting to see what happens, or is it Manly won't yet offer Blair a contract til we make a call either way on the Wolfman.
[/quote]

Reckon it must be $$$$ not direct competition with Wolfy cause from what I remember of Blair even as a youngster he was massive for a young centre and looked the type to end up 2nd row.

I for one hope he comes & takes the back up centre spot that was filled by Tonga ( for 5 seconds ) etc.

Masked Eagle said:
bones said:
Stevo said:
Wolf ---> Hiku ---> Blair

Wolf-> Hiku -----------------------> Blair

Let's not forget Blair would automatically become a much better player the second he put on a Manly jumper, let alone how much he could improve in an offseason of training with the team.

That still doesn't make him a very good player.

Wolfpack said:
Masked Eagle said:
bones said:
Stevo said:

Let's not forget Blair would automatically become a much better player the second he put on a Manly jumper, let alone how much he could improve in an offseason of training with the team.

I'm guessing everyone would have said the same thing about Horo 12 months ago as well.

Masked Eagle said:
Wolfpack said:
Masked Eagle said:
bones said:
Stevo said:

I'm guessing everyone would have said the same thing about Horo 12 months ago as well.

Horo had also shown a whole lot more than Blair when we got him. Signing for Manly isn't some magical way for a player to come good, Tooves isn't a wizard, he good at saying "You shall not pass!" but his facial hair game is lacking.

I'm not saying that Blair won't one day turn into a serviceable player, but expecting him to waltz in & grab a start spot from the get go is overly wishful thinking. No way I'd back the club betting on Blair rather than an in house option . If we can bring him in, great. Chuck the bloke in NSW cup & see can force his way into the NRL team, but no more than that.

Wolfpack said:
Masked Eagle said:
Wolfpack said:
Masked Eagle said:
bones said:

Horo had also shown a whole lot more than Blair when we got him. Signing for Manly isn't some magical way for a player to come good, Tooves isn't a wizard, he good at saying "You shall not pass!" but his facial hair game is lacking.

I'm not saying that Blair won't one day turn into a serviceable player, but expecting him to waltz in & grab a start spot from the get go is overly wishful thinking. No way I'd back the club betting on Blair rather than an in house option . If we can bring him in, great. Chuck the bloke in NSW cup & see can force his way into the NRL team, but no more than that.

Isn't he a depth signing anyway? Assuming we hang on to Wolfman our starting backs this year are likely to be our starting backs next year. It's props that we really need to work on.

eaglebuzz said:
Wolfpack said:
Masked Eagle said:
Wolfpack said:
Masked Eagle said:

Isn't he a depth signing anyway? Assuming we hang on to Wolfman our starting backs this year are likely to be our starting backs next year. It's props that we really need to work on.

That's basically what I'm trying to get at. If Blair comes in he's here as a backup first & foremost.

Apparently Tomkins is confirmed for the Warriors, which will be announced after the Challenge Cup final next weekend, sounds like they are paying a £500,000 transfer fee. Wigan are also set to announce the signing of Matt Bowen

I really can't for the life of me figure out why he would want to come over and play at the Warriors. The offer is probably good i guess but they are hardly a glamor club and the travel would be a turn off i itself i reckon. Ever since it was reported that he was interested in coming down under the Warriors were always the favorite.

Stevo said:
I really can't for the life of me figure out why he would want to come over and play at the Warriors. The offer is probably good i guess but they are hardly a glamor club and the travel would be a turn off i itself i reckon. Ever since it was reported that he was interested in coming down under the Warriors were always the favorite.

Maybe the lure of meeting people like kiwi eagle was too good to pass up?

Stevo said:
Initially had the same thought mate but really, Tomkins is a very radical yet skillful player who likes the game unstructured & Warriors play that style.
If they can get those big fowards rolling direct with Johnson sniffing around he will have a big season in 2014.
Look foward to seeing Tomkins in action, as he is 1 of the few players the Poms rave about who will ignite the NRL.

Dean Bell is the Warriors recruitment man and also a Wigan legend and he has been over there trying to set up a working relationship between the 2 clubs so id guess that is how it has all come about

Initially their plan was to get rid of Friend, shove Leuluai into 9 and have Tomkins and Locke playing 1 and 6, who played fullback was undecided

But they resigned Friend yesterday so not sure what the plan is now

MK Eagle said:
Stevo said:
Initially had the same thought mate but really, Tomkins is a very radical yet skillful player who likes the game unstructured & Warriors play that style.
If they can get those big fowards rolling direct with Johnson sniffing around he will have a big season in 2014.
Look foward to seeing Tomkins in action, as he is 1 of the few players the Poms rave about who will ignite the NRL.

Good point, and surely NZ is nicer than England's north?

Stevo said:

Maybe he's a Lord Of the Rings fan

What do you guys think about the Nine's Commentator last night saying that Chez has knocked back Manly's initial offer:huh:

I thought that he was signed till 2015:huh::huh:

I get the sense that with Barba gone, The Son of Sam may come after Chez again :s

I just heard the end of that and was "did I just hear correctly?"

Maybe we can submit a lesser offer each time a team above us on the ladder beats us!!!

But I thought it was 2015 as well. Maybe something to do with an 'upgrade' clause....I dunno so I find not worrying about it is best.

I heard DCE interviewed in the last 48 hours saying how much he enjoyed playing with Foz, and with Manly, and he hoped to be with us for many years to come. Didn't hear the 9 comment but seriously people, we already know enough about DCE's manager from last time, so I suggest 'ignore'.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
I heard DCE interviewed in the last 48 hours saying how much he enjoyed playing with Foz, and with Manly, and he hoped to be with us for many years to come. Didn't hear the 9 comment but seriously people, we already know enough about DCE's manager from last time, so I suggest 'ignore'.
It was only last year that this ****e went down and I'm pretty sure he's signed 'til 2015, surely without clauses. Maybe they're talking about him knocking back an initial offer of an upgrade after 2015?

What I would guess is that we approached DCE about adding an extra couple of years and an extra hundred thousand which he has decided not to take up at this moment

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10