2013 Rumoured and confirmed signings.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Scott is the obvious standout & if the Cows are paying massive $$ for JT it can add up.
Luke Bailey would have been good 2+ years ago.
Weyman had his good year & is injury prone.
Big Sam Lousi has mass potential but lacks in dedication.
Plemmer?? this Dogs rookie has huge supporters & would seem hard to snavel off Des but would be great.
Young Tasi would be welcome to return home - best to come imo.

I would be happy with any of:
Scott - standout, wont get him too much interest elsewhere
tolman - perfect fit for trying to get some youth, workhorse
Pritchard - great impact player
Bailey - consistent, getting on but may be able to get him cheap
Ryles - good year last year but probably stay at storm
Kite - I would like him to stay, yes hes getting on an not near his peak but he is the core of our club culture, I feel if he left others may follow. To resign cheaper.

Some of these may retire as well
Anyway just my thoughts

Jatz Crackers said:
c eagle said:
would anyone know what forwards we have off contract this year?

Joe
Gower
Hasson
BK
Musolino
Georgey
Skinner

I think you'll find the answer through the Sea Eagles forum. But I did note that Manly had signed many of the players they have this year obviously on spec because they only have one year contracts. Obviously Manly intends to offer the few they think are worth the journey, extended and more fruitful contracts before the comp ends this year. Players like Chee-Kan for example they have for 3 years.

Disco said:
Leeson Ah Mau, Josh Ailaomai, Mitchell Allgood, Sam Anderson, Scott Anderson, Neccrom Areaiiti, Roy Asotasi, Luke Bailey, Jack Bosden, Kenneath Bromwich, Luke Burgess, Thomas Burgess, Rodney Coates, Mitchell Dodds, Keith Galloway, Mitch Garbutt, James Gavet, David Gower, Jon Green, Matt Groat, Glenn Hall, Michael Henderson, Mark Ioane, Felise Kaufusi, Brent Kite, David Klemmer, Leilani Latu, Sam Lousi, Dunamis Lui, Jordan McLean, Francis Molo, Dylan Napa, Bryan Norrie, Frank-Paul Nuuausala, Frank Pritchard, George Rose, Ben Ross, Jason Ryles, Matt Scott, Kem Seru, Ava Seumanufagai, Nick Skinner, Josh Starling, Brandon Tago, Lama Tasi, Mark Taufua, Peni Terepo, Caleb Timu, Aiden Tolman, Paterika Vaivai, Siosaia Vave, Shannon Wakeman, Jarrod Wallace, Dayne Weston, Michael Weyman, Brett White

So Scott, Galloway, Tolman and Weyman seem to be the big names, unless............are there any big name Pommy Props that it could be?
nice extensive list, what about signing the Clive Churchill medal winner from the list?.....

Scrub Matt Scott from the list he igas agreed to terms with the cowgirls. This suggests that thurston will be elsewhere next year

Or it suggests that Thurston is staying therefore the rest want to stay too. If Thurston left the rest would have deserted the sinking ship i reckon.

If Thurston leaves the Cowgirls would be a premiership threat as they wouldn't be relying on one player to do it all. I think they play a better game without him. Over rated IMO.

Townsville Eagle said:
If Thurston leaves the Cowgirls would be a premiership threat as they wouldn't be relying on one player to do it all. I think they play a better game without him. Over rated IMO.
Overrated is debatable, rely on him too much is definate, but love or hate JT, he is a world class player.
Without him the Cows would be easybeats, even the Bowen magic is often influenced by JT. He excels as a standout in Origin so he often owns the average NRL game like few can.
Not a fan of him but his competitive nature & skills on the field should be admired.

5 years is just too long. Have they not learned from the Titans.

The only player that I would ever entertain a 5 year contract for is Beaver.

bring back petero!

small gripe with this thread, whenever i click on the last page i get an error message saying: The specified thread does not exist.

only happens with this thread?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8