2013 Rumoured and confirmed signings.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Im sure you guys already picked it, but Manly sea eagles facebook says: George will start in his final Brookie home game today, with Lawrence resting a back injury.

Having sacked Ferguson on Friday afternoon, the Raiders are firm in their belief the 23-year-old is headed to the Roosters next season.

Read more: http://www.zerotackle.com/#ixzz2eIm1LboO

niccipops said:
HappilyManly said:
niccipops said:
Any news on our bearded one?

Does not look good for us :(

A positive interpretation of the article could be is that he's still undecided and absolutely wants to impress Manly in the last weeks of the season and the finals. The fact that the game hasn't been promoted as a final Brookie appearance for the Wolf who is a huge crowd favourite, is encouraging.

Upon describing the Wolfman situation to my five year old daughter (who's a Wolfie diehard), telling her about Manly not likely to have the money left in the cap to offer the money he's asking, she promptly scurry's off to her room only to return with her piggy bank saying if it's ok, she'll give Wolfy her money so he can stay! It was almost a fatally cute moment, and it's at that moment I realised that this game is bigger than us all.

Brookie Benn said:
Upon describing the Wolfman situation to my five year old daughter (who's a Wolfie diehard), telling her about Manly not likely to have the money left in the cap to offer the money he's asking, she promptly scurry's off to her room only to return with her piggy bank saying if it's ok, she'll give Wolfy her money so he can stay! It was almost a fatally cute moment, and it's at that moment I realised that this game is bigger than us all.
Great post Brookie Benn. What an adorable gesture by your little one. You're right that the game is bigger than us all and it's the fans that suffer the most, from 5 years to 95. Seems it's only with the fans that loyalty remains in our game as we stick with our teams through thick and thin. We follow our players as personalities and part of the Manly family. Cap pressure forces players who don't want to leave chase the almighty dollar and play against us.:(
Greedy managers create media hysteria to up players wages by hundred of thousand dollars, while the average fan on working class wages just wants their club to hang onto our team members.
I hope your daughter gets to see Wolfie in our colours next year.

Rambo1987 said:
Having sacked Ferguson on Friday afternoon, the Raiders are firm in their belief the 23-year-old is headed to the Roosters next season.

I think this means SBW is going to Rugby

kingyfan said:
Word is that Dunamis Lui signed a 2 year contract with us over the weekend

I was talking to a bloke on the weekend, he's a massive Tigers fan. Funnily.....he speaks with a very strong Scottish accent (especially after a few ;) ). Anyway..at one point he turns to me and says, "I Dunamis Lui, but we coood use a goood half nixt yeer".

Rambo1987 said:
Rambo1987 said:

They'd have to lose someone on big money because Ferguson won't come cheap.

simon64 said:
Rambo1987 said:
Rambo1987 said:

They'd have to lose someone on big money because Ferguson won't come cheap.

Ferguson is like buying a second hand Jeep. Sure it looks good, runs well and the price is not too bad. But what will it cost you down the road?

J - just
E - empty
E - every
P - pocket

Eagle1963 said:
Roosters will release SKD to make room for Ferguson .

Good move by them.

Player going = rubbish
Playing coming = potential superstar

What is their salary cap $15 million.

bob dylan said:
Eagle1963 said:
Roosters will release SKD to make room for Ferguson .

Good move by them.

Player going = rubbish
Playing coming = potential superstar

What is their salary cap $15 million.

Player going = cheap
Player coming = expensive

But don't worry cuz....they convert the cap to New Zelland dollars before they work out how much they can spend....sweet as bro.

simon64 said:
Player going = cheap
Player coming = expensive

But don't worry cuz....they convert the cap to New Zelland dollars before they work out how much they can spend....sweet as bro.

Weirdly enough, I don't think SKD is cheap. I'm pretty sure he re-signed with them at the 'height' of his questionable powers and got decent coin. Around 300K a season if I remember rightly.

*EDIT: Actually, it was more than that - four years, $1.4 million.

http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/shaun-kenny-dowall-signs-14m-deal-roosters-1290/

Sam Tomkins has signed with the Warriors and will be unveiled by the club in the next 10 days on a deal believed to be worth $750,000 a season.

Read more: http://www.zerotackle.com/#ixzz2eOHfj1PS

Clint said:
Ferguson will be playing park footy next year. NRL won't register his contract.

No he won't he will be playing for the Silverwater Sharks in the NSW Corrective Services League.

James O'Connor has been linked to a cross-code switch to the Canterbury Bulldogs as a replacement for departing fullback Ben Barba, but his manager, David Shand, declined to comment on NRL speculation.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/union-news/mccalman-wants-oconnor-back-at-force-20130909-2tgc8.html#ixzz2eOdPj3ws

Storm set to give Rose a chance to bloom

DateSeptember 10, 2013
Adrian Proszenko

Manly cult hero George Rose is deep in negotiations to join arch rivals Melbourne next season.

Rose, off contract at the end of the season, has been told he is surplus to requirements at the Sea Eagles. Several clubs have expressed interest in the premiership-winning prop but the Storm looms as his most likely destination.

Rose, Panthers-bound Brent Kite and retiring forward Joe Galuvao were farewelled at the club's last home game at Brookvale Oval on Sunday.

Fond farewell: George Rose acknowledges the Manly fans after playing his last home game for the club on Sunday.
Fond farewell: George Rose acknowledges the Manly fans after playing his last home game for the club on Sunday. Photo: Getty Images

A member of the Indigenous All Stars side from its inception, Rose is only after a one-year deal with the southerners. The 30-year-old almost made a mid-season switch to the premiers, who instead opted for Penrith forward Dayne Weston.

However, the Storm have again been in touch with a view to bolstering their forward pack.

''We're in negotiations with Melbourne and we're obviously hoping to get something sorted shortly,'' said a representative from Rose's management firm, Black Money Enterprises.

''We feel George's best footy is in front of him and the Storm have the best coach in the game in Craig Bellamy. George is sad to be leaving Manly and has enjoyed his time there but is keen to progress his career.''

The Storm have a knack of recruiting fringe or recycled first-grade forwards and turning them into consistent performers. Adam Woolnough was backpacking around the world before his career was reactivated, Clint Newton won a title - which was subsequently stripped - after being forced out of Newcastle, Jaiman Lowe won a premiership after struggling for a start at South Sydney and the unheralded Bryan Norrie has become a mainstay of the current pack.

After losing Richie Fa'aoso to Manly, it's hoped Rose will go the other way on a deal which could be finalised in coming days. There remains the possibility that Rose could play against his suitors in the grand final, if not before.

The former Prime Minister's XIII representative received an offer to remain at the Sea Eagles, but it was well below the money he is on. Rose was languishing in the NSW Cup until round eight but has been in good form since forcing his way into the side.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/storm-set-to-give-rose-a-chance-to-bloom-20130909-2tgay.html#ixzz2eRaa9Kdj

What about the name of his management company: Black Money Enterprises! Perfect name for the Storm's financial dealings. I wonder if George likes fishing as there could be a nice runabout in the package?

And does this statement qualify as the best spin since Krudd was turfed out: "We feel George's best footy is in front of him..."
We all know what's in front of George, bless him.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8