2013 Rumoured and confirmed signings.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If this did turns out to be true, it would hardly be surprising... He's had it... Great player and legend but, He struggles to keep on the field consistently , and after 3 knee recons who could blame him, if the club has offered a deal like this, I hope he takes it...... Bring home hoppa

If this is all true why not keep Hiku as F.B.? He proved last night that he can handle pressure with his Man Of The Match game and he will only get better. Brett can help him in the same way that Johns is helping our players.
Hopoate jnr left Manly for more money and he later said that if he had known that Des was going to the Bulldogs he might've gone there. It sounds like Manly was only his 3rd choice.
I think Hiku fits in well with our team at the moment.

After last nights performance I think hiku is our long term answer to fullback once snake the champ hungs up his boots. He has played barely 10 first grade games and I think last night would have given him the world of confidence and can see him getting real good in the not so distant future. , I think in regards to gutho's size he has maybe a year left in nsw cup to bulk up although I think he can be earmarked as a future centre if hiku takes snakes job.

Who said Hoppa would be full back. What about a back line in a few years comprising
Gutherson FB
Taufua w
Hiku c
Hopoate c
TBA w
Foran 5/8
DCE half

A wing spot to be filled but with Lyon, B. Stewart. Wolfman and Matai approaching their final years, I could live with that sort of back line in about 2015-6

If as suspected Jared Hayne accepts the huge offer being made to him by Canterbury, that puts the dogs out of the running for Hoppa. Despite comment made about Hoppa's decision to leave Manly, my understanding was that it was purely about money with some superficial extras such as Jamil and their father getting an offer to also be included, that led to his decision. Also one of his primary reasons for playing with Parra other than the money was to play alongside his hero Hayne. If he's gone what's he got left there.

If Snake decides to hang up his boots, there will be no doubt given Hoppa's get out clause, that if Manly offer an adequate sum, he'll be very tempted to come back to Manly. His family are here, his friends, his Mormon church and is father made it clear that he wanted to stay. Further he's been away on mission for 2 years so he's had no time to make friendships in Parramatta.

I would suggest a shock return could be quite possible

to me this makes no Sense at all, Hoppa is getting around 800k allegedly playing for the Slime , Snake is on Approx 600k , DCE 500k so if its either of those two, Hoppa is either gonna take a 200 - 300k pay cut to come back or Manly is gonna offer him 800k to match the Eels , which would about make him the highest paid player in The Club , and he hasn't played in 2 years , very unlikely from where I'm sitting .....

Hoppa will not take a pay cut !!! if the dogs are out of the race he will stay at parra then come back to us ! Only if parra still doesn't matter in two years time though.....

The Who said:
Hoppa won't break his contract. He's a man of honour... his manager said so, so it must be true.

The man of honour that told manly fans that he plans to stay.

Guys you are probably quite right and my suggestion is just pure bunkum. But a thought. If you were a young aspiring footballer with representation in your eyes, who would you think would offer a better opportunity of promoting your cause for such honours, a finals team like Manly, or a cellar dweller like Parra. Parra wont always be at the bottom, but how long will it take for them to get back into finals football. And if Haynes does leave Parra, its going to be a tough couple of years with the eels before they rise up again. Is 800g a year worth it remembering that there is money to be earned in representation and enhancing your name early. Just a thought.

Bearfax said:
Guys you are probably quite right and my suggestion is just pure bunkum. But a thought. If you were a young aspiring footballer with representation in your eyes, who would you think would offer a better opportunity of promoting your cause for such honours, a finals team like Manly, or a cellar dweller like Parra. Parra wont always be at the bottom, but how long will it take for them to get back into finals football. And if Haynes does leave Parra, its going to be a tough couple of years with the eels before they rise up again. Is 800g a year worth it remembering that there is money to be earned in representation and enhancing your name early. Just a thought.

I'd love if Hoppa came back but the question is can we afford him? With Hiku and Gutherson I think the club has moved on.

Bearfax said:

Wasn't he a young and aspiring footballer two years ago when he won the big dance with manly in 2011? We knew he was going on his Mormon mission. Parra hasn't mattered since 2009 when they went on that dream run to the final. I'm sure when hoppa snr enticed Jnr to sign with the slime he had to have known with Stuart's poor coaching record and parra's poor recruiting and retention - they were never going to be a force in the comp like manly in the near future.

Just my thought.

P.S Bill played for NSW in 2011 too remember.

shook said:
Bearfax said:

Wasn't he a young and aspiring footballer two years ago when he won the big dance with manly in 2011? We knew he was going on his Mormon mission. Parra hasn't mattered since 2009 when they went on that dream run to the final. I'm sure when hoppa snr enticed Jnr to sign with the slime he had to have known with Stuart's poor coaching record and parra's poor recruiting and retention - they were never going to be a force in the comp like manly in the near future.

Just my thought.

P.S Bill played for NSW in 2011 too remember.
Young Hoppa signed with Parra it seems mid way through 2011. only a year a half after Parra had played a grand final and had only just missed the finals the year before. Stuart was still a year away from joining Parra as coach. Hoppa joined when the family thought Kearney would be coach
and Parra though not setting the sky on fire still had some good players in their group such as Hayne, Burt, Mateou, Hindmarsh, Moi Moi, Hannah etc

I can't see Hayne leaving the Eels where he is a Cult Hero, who plays less games than Snake does for Manly. I'm pretty sure that he also has a lucrative contract.
His automatic selection in SOO, means that reputation alone is enough for representative honours.

At the Dogs he would be hounded by a Coach who is even more intense that Stuart, and be expected to carry a Team and Supporter Base that has no emotional connection with him.

Hoppa has to prove himself back in the real world before Manly should chase him. His Uncle came back a dud, from his Missionary work. Maybe a few pre seasons will get Hoppa's timing and speed back, but his mental refocus, after two years of Sect brainwashing, is an unknown.:cool:

Manly have developed/recruited so many young Players that we are yet to see in NRL games.

Lets give those Players a chance to shine in Maroon and White:angel:

Point Taken Happily. Was only proposing a potential scenario. Of course there are many potential scenarios. That one just seemed to fit nicely....for us.

ps His uncle never had the talent of young Hoppa. His name only came from John's involvement whereas Will has created his own image and is potentially much better than his father (much more subtlety and timing in his play and greater personal discipline on field). Mind you I watched John from his teenage days and always though he had great potential. And for many years before he left Manly he was a top player. Then some less talented coaches got hold of him, but he always had a recklessness that Will doesnt seem to have inherited but Jamil may have.

The good news about Hoppa Snr (The gift that keeps on giving :p) is that the next Hoppa, below Jamil in years, is another one with talent like Will.

Between the Trbojevic's (3) and Hoppoate's (4?), Manly has a steady stream of Juniors coming through :angel:

Is DCE signed until the end of 2015 or the end of 2016?

Seems tobe a lot of mail going around of him heading to the donkeys at the end of the contract, if not before.

Would be devastated.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8