2015 Grand Final Gameday Thread..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I don't think Thurston deserved the MOM. Blair, Milford, Scott, Tamou and Coote all had better games than him.
Milford out played him at every chance.

The cows were ripped off a try. They deserved to win. Congrats to them. Season over.
It's all about 2016 now.
Go Manly!

ahem ahem 1997.. unless you erased that from your memory; dont really blame ya

lol..you know ...i guess i had. What ****s me about that is last tackle cliffy tried to do a short cute kick in our own half. Didn't come off, they have the ball in our half...the rest i forget.

And Clint Bennett finally losing a GF since he started with Brisbane in 1988.

Isn't it amazing how the Wayne Bennett world actually began in 1988 according to the media. Nothing before that existed.......

*cough cough* 1987 co-coach of Canberra's losing GF team and joint Dally M Coach of the Year with Don Furner *cough cough*

Sorry but this "seven from seven" crap before tonight's loss just $hits me to tears.

lol..you know ...i guess i had. What ****s me about that is last tackle cliffy tried to do a short cute kick in our own half. Didn't come off, they have the ball in our half...the rest i forget.
I'll never forget that moment. I was screaming at the TV - kick the **** out of the ball!!!!
The only blot on the Cliffy copybook
NYEagle

Isn't it amazing how the Wayne Bennett world actually began in 1988 according to the media. Nothing before that existed.......
I was saying that very thing this morning it's like a collective amnesia, well pointed out my friend !!!
*cough cough* 1987 co-coach of Canberra's losing GF team and joint Dally M Coach of the Year with Don Furner *cough cough*

Sorry but this "seven from seven" crap before tonight's loss just $hits me to tears.

Just back from the GF Day - it was very enjoyable (apart from the NYC result).:)

Glad the Cows got it, in a very entertaining game for a GF.

The Clive Churchill was always going to be JT's - he has won so many big games and even though tonight wasn't his best effort, he deserved it based on the past :clap:

Milf would have been my pick if the Broncs had won - he really showed up Hunt @:cool:

Hunt's classic spear tackle needs to be an 8 week suspension at least :mad:

Now we can rest till the Nines :)

Ben Hunt stole Kane Linnetts Churchill Medal. lol

The spear tackle wont be remembered by many, but it was a turning point. Then the kick off.... oh dear.

The only aspect of the GF that I hated, were those dumb and very loud bits of random music at EVERY break in play - WTF? :banghead:

The game is so fast and involved, why do they assault our senses with these Americanisms :mad:

Barnsey has lost his voice - sad to hear him try and belt out his classics. :(
Although they were still enjoyable to hear as bits of nostalgia.

On the Donkeys forum most are holding back on savaging Hunt (while also acknowledging that he screwed up big time), but a lot of them are questioning the tactics of continually kicking for the sideline to protect a 4 point lead with 20 or 30 minutes still to play.

The only aspect of the GF that I hated, were those dumb and very loud bits of random music at EVERY break in play - WTF? :banghead:

The game is so fast and involved, why do they assault our senses with these Americanisms :mad:

Barnsey has lost his voice - sad to hear him try and belt out his classics. :(
Although they were still enjoyable to hear as bits of nostalgia.
you are right on so many levels...the curators don't think much of our attention spans do they.

On the Donkeys forum most are holding back on savaging Hunt (while also acknowledging that he screwed up big time), but a lot of them are questioning the tactics of continually kicking for the sideline to protect a 4 point lead with 20 or 30 minutes still to play.
I was harping on this whilst it was happening....I couldn't believe Phil Gould when he mentioned what great play it was to give the Broncos forwards a rest...you have to WIN a grand final, you can't protect it. They had ample opportunity to land the killer blow and kept up wit the spoiling tactics.

4 points in rugby league is nothing. Its only a try or two penalty goals (or 4 FG's).

Grand Finals need to be won, not protected. Brisbane lost more because they tried to shut up shop half an hour early than because the Cowboys were the better team.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8