2015 Grand Final Gameday Thread..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
They need a new stadium. In the heart of town. I hope they get it. Don't let sour grapes over the state of Brookevale get in the way. If we don't develop the North all you southerners will have to keep living in your half million dollar granny flats.

A big cheerio to the Stockmen (you know they should be called that), for taking the 'greatest GF finish in history' tag away from Newcastle's 1997 win, with their defeat of the Brumbies (you know they should be called that too).

Hopefully we will be seeing a little bit less of Darren Albert's winning try from here on.

that is an incredibly tough way to lose a GF for broncos fans....losing after the final siren. You could include the Storm/St George GF as being a forever heartbreaking GF memory for a fan.
ahem ahem 1997.. unless you erased that from your memory; dont really blame ya

Well I guess that given we were rubbish in 2015, that was the best way to end the season. Broncos lose and Hodges goes out a loser..
And Clint Bennett finally losing a GF since he started with Brisbane in 1988.

Both clubs are still Superleague slime though.

that is an incredibly tough way to lose a GF for broncos fans....losing after the final siren. You could include the Storm/St George GF as being a forever heartbreaking GF memory for a fan.

I think golden point is harsh in regular season, let alone in a GF. I wish they would change it to at least something like golden try, or playing out the full extra minutes before declaring the decision.

I just did a quick calculation, and Manly have been in Grand Finals in 30% of Grand Finals held in the last sixty years. So almost 1 in 3. No wonder they hate us.:)

I think golden point is harsh in regular season, let alone in a GF. I wish they would change it to at least something like golden try, or playing out the full extra minutes before declaring the decision.
Golden try for 10 mins then golden point until a result.

Best thing about the game was

A) now the Sharks are the biggest losers by themselves.
B) Bennett not winning
c) Tamou has achieved everything up there and is free to join us

Golden TRY for sure. Point is garbage.
I problem I have with golden pint is that despite the excitement and tension it generates, the extra time is a completely different contest to what the regular time game is about. It becomes extremely one dimensional.

I problem I have with golden pint is that despite the excitement and tension it generates, the extra time is a completely different contest to what the regular time game is about. It becomes extremely one dimensional.
Just go soccer and force a period or go golden try. If you can't hold someone out then **** you you lost

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10