2015 Rumoured and confirmed signings.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Status
Not open for further replies.
Roosters set to sign Jayden Nikorima
SMH.com.au
– August 14, 2015Brisbane Broncos, Jayden Nikorima, News, Sydney Roosters
SHARE THIS:

jayden-nikorima.jpg

The Sydney Roosters are closing in on the signature Brisbane young gun Jayden Nikorima, although the Broncos are making a last-ditch attempt to keep the rookie utility at Red Hill.

Nikorima is considered one of the most promising youngsters in the game and there were at least half a dozen clubs chasing his services. The Roosters believe they have got their man after tabling a three-year deal that will average out at $220,000 per season if he makes the expected jump up to the top grade. However, the Broncos are preparing a late and lucrative bid to retain the teen.

If the Roosters get their man, he will be a contender for No.6 jersey vacated by Cronulla-bound playmaker James Maloney. That would leave Nikorima and fellow teenager Jackson Hastings in a battle to play alongside NSW half Mitchell Pearce in 2016. Both youngsters have the ability to play a number of positions, with the one that misses out on a spot in the halves likely to contend for a fullback or bench spot.

Brisbane are hoping to retain Nikorima, whose older brother, 21-year-old Kodi, has made an outstanding start to his NRL career. Kodi has made 15 first-grade appearances for the Broncos this year and is shaping as a bolter for a Kiwis halves berth after Shaun Johnson's injury ruled him out of their end-of-season tour of Great Britain.

220k, similar price to what we offered Elgy and Ashley taylor. In a previous article it was stated up to 6 sydney clubs were chasing him.

Canterbury Bulldogs centre Tim Lafai shocked by Manly Sea Eagles switch speculation

• 1439452964340.jpg

Staying put: Bulldogs centre Tim Lafai. Photo: Getty Images

Canterbury centre Tim Lafai said he had no idea where social media posts that linked him to Manly in 2016 had originated amid speculation Parramatta centre Will Hopoate could be at the Bulldogs on a multi-year deal in 2016.

After a protracted contractual dispute, Hopoate's barrister, Julieanne Levick, is expected to serve a statement of claim at the Supreme Court on Friday seeking the Parramatta contract in full, damages and all legal fees after a stand-off about the validity of the deal that was offered to him by the club's former chief executive, Scott Seward.

The Eels had not attempted to register the contract with the NRL because club officials realised the money being offered to Hopoate would tip them over the salary cap. Parramatta have argued Hopoate's contract wasn't valid because it hasn't been presented to the NRL.

Hopoate's impending legal action has fuelled speculation he was poised to join the Bulldogs on a minimal contract with the Eels propping up his salary by several hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Such a move would reunite Hopoate with his former Manly coach, Des Hasler, who is now at Belmore but the rumour mill suggested that scenario would result in Lafai leaving the club despite a year remaining on his Bulldogs deal.

Lafai said on Thursday afternoon the rumours were astounding. "I've heard about them, I only found out a few days ago through my agent but I haven't looked too much into it," the 24-year-old said. "I'm happy at Canterbury ... as far as I know it's just rumours going around. [It's annoying] but that's just part of being in this industry, as a footy player. There's always rumours and you take them as they come but there's no truth in that one."

Hopoate's manager, Tyran Smith, said while there was interest from a number of clubs in signing the State of Origin player should he and the Eels part ways, he insisted there was no agreement with anyone. "There is nothing there at all," Smith said. "The report is not right, nothing has been signed and nothing has been agreed to."

Lafai said he did not want the speculation concerning him - and Hopoate - to be a distraction ahead of Canterbury's match against the Gold Coast on Sunday. "I've got to focus on my footy and the Bulldogs for these last few matches," he said. "You can't worry too much about what's [said to be] going on."

Any player would sue their club if they tried to reduce their agreed contact by $900k over 3 years.

Hopoate's camp be very confident if a barrister has lodged a claim again the club Even if he stays couldn't imagine he would be too polpular with wonder coach as he will have to relase players to fit under the salary cap.

Parra the club that just keeps giving. OnIy just makes Foran's decision to go there even more stupid and career ending.

Good player, great potential & will only get better the more he plays. But you wouldn't pay more than $250 - $300k per season atm for him at his current form would you?

Wow the Roosters do it again getting nikorima. I must admit I am envious of what Uncle Nic gets done. He is the new Arko. Come on Bozo pick ur act up would ya. If u want to be the best u need the best.

Well our club had a red hot crack at Taylor, Elgy and according to some Te Marie Martin. All of which are some of the games best young halves.

All of which was played out in the media and on all three we come up empty. The Daily even told the world when two were touring our facilities. Parcell is a good signing don't get me wrong I'll take him with open arms. But he is a good young super quick hooker who we may possible play in the halves.

Compare to Roosters recruiting. Bennett has said never again will the Broncos let good players go, seemingly with a clause except if they are happy to release them like with Ash Taylor.

There is no way the Broncos want to loose either Nikorima. No media leaks. In the stealth of night the media is suggesting done deal Uncle Nic has got his man and they have signed one of the games brightest young halves.

Rather then winge about the salary cap and how it just doesn't exist in this league.

He gets the business done. Something our club administrators haven't been able to achieve when it comes to signing a good young half recently.

If as a manly fan, saying I am envious of what Uncle Nic gets done with recruiting makes me a band wagonist so be it. I say he is setting the standard just like Arko used to be.

Knights meet with manager of South Sydney coach Michael Maguire
August 16, 2015 12:00am
Phil RothfieldThe Sunday Telegraph

Newcastle Knights claw back win over Wests Tigers
external

v1

And they weren’t there to discuss the weather.

As much as it is a long shot, the Knights are making discreet inquiries about Maguire’s availability.

0f543a079248929845430920f2d7aae1

Souths Coach Michael Maguire is contracted to the end of the 2017 season. Picture Gregg Porteous
This is despite him being under contract until the end of the 2017 season.

No one will talk “on the record’’ about the meeting because the Knights cannot be seen to be enticing a rival coach to break a contract.

Not that the Rabbitohs are overly concerned about it.

VICTORY: Gutsy Knights get Bedsy first win as coach

Their chief executive, John Lee, insists Maguire is happy at Redfern.

“We see him as a long-term coach — like Craig Bellamy at Melbourne Storm,” Lee said.

The highly rated South Sydney coach is one of several options for the Knights.

Others include Nathan Brown and former Broncos coach Anthony Griffin, who both met Quayle during the week.

NRL coaches have in the past moved on before their contracts expire. In fact, it happens all the time.

Des Hasler, Brian Smith and Wayne Bennett are just a few who have packed up and left clubs early.

While Maguire appears unlikely to leave Souths, the approach from Newcastle shows how thoroughly the Knights are going about looking at all options.

Just saw this little piece in the Daily Tele' on M Mbye. Would be a handy combination of DCE and MBye.

"Kimmorley said the Broncos missed a genuine superstar who will command the sort of attention Daly Cherry-Evans and Kieran Foran received from rivals this year.

Mbye has put off contract negotiations until after the season. While he would prefer to stay at Canterbury, he wants market value and St George Illawarra and Manly are in the fight for the 22-year-old.

Mbye was reluctant to discuss his contract situation. His next deal is unlikely to be sorted until next year but the Bulldogs have attempted to extend him already.

Not sure if this has been mentioned in the forum as it may be a bit old but Mason has been in discussions with the Sharks.
i don't know if mason, at his age and old legs, would be able to compete under the new interchange rules coming into effect next year even though he has been going great guns of late. Possibly an interchange but then at the expense of an up an coming younger forward?

The new interchange rule won't change a thing with how the forwards are used in the game. Mason will always use up 2 interchanges per game playing the same minutes. Some teams already only use 8 as it is.
I really hope we resign him as he has been massive for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10