2016 Halves Choice Merged Mega-Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
If you lose your h
What makes you think management got it wrong?

If the rumour is true(and I doubt it) that DCE was happy with the offer last year he should of signed then and there if he really wanted to stay.(that is the risk of doing BS "due diligence" or maybe he was conducting a BS Liberal Party funded cost benefit analysis that held him up so long but allowed a free trip to the GC, free meals at other clubs and free publicity to stroke his ego)
If you lose your half back and he wants to stay im afraid management got it wrong. Contracts can take up to weeks to finalise even if everything is going well...look at Matty Balin, why hasn't he signed..im sure he wants too.

If the rumour is true(and I doubt it) that DCE was happy with the offer last year he should of signed then and there if he really wanted to stay.(that is the risk of doing BS "due diligence" or maybe he was conducting a BS Liberal Party funded cost benefit analysis that held him up so long but allowed a free trip to the GC, free meals at other clubs and free publicity to stroke his ego)
G'day all,Well TC I do know that there is lot of rumours going around with regards to the resigning of these two particular players,but as to what is fact and what is fallacy I have to confess I don't know anymore than the next bloke.You may be privy to whats really gone on but my opinion as to whether management got it wrong is based on their own statements, that both were priority signings,we'll sign them for life,lock them up before Christmas and now we have neither,so I think its a fair assumption something went wrong somewhere.
cheers mike

Just watched forans interview with weidler. What a wanker! I hope he's got his knee pads ready for at parra! Or maybe King Arthur swallows?

Depends upon wether you guys are talking current or previous management.

Our two most important players had their contracts expire at the same time and there is no getting around the simple fact that disadvantaged us to the point where no matter what the outcome Manly were in a worse position once negotiations completed.

We would lose one or we would lose two or we would retain one & pay overs or we would retain both & create chaos in retention.

Everyone has their fav players, for so long i idolised Menzies, and then Brett stewert and in recent times have really really enjoyed watching DCE play. He is just a real footballer and genuinely loves playing for his mates. I thought he tried the whole year last year, started off unbelievable and after the injury and all the bull**** surrounding him about he was the cause if glen stewert leaving, you could see he was feeling the effects of that..but he still gave it his all. He never stops trying. People say he is fake, well i feel that is just his personality, he is always smiling, always polite and like Andrew Johns has stated just a real good genuine bloke and a pleasure to teach. In contrast to Foran stating he enjoyed getting away from Manly training this year during all stars, after state if origin last year, DCE during an interview said Origin was fun but he was really looking forward to getting back to Manly and the boys. And interviewed again on channel 9 after the loss to Bulldogs, he said even though he felt it was disappointing not to make it to the GF with the team they had, he still really enjoyed his year with Manly and his playing with his team mates! That was awesome and at that point was thinking..i hope we sign this kid up tomorrow..a couple of weeks later, it almost happened...

G'day all,Well TC I do know that there is lot of rumours going around with regards to the resigning of these two particular players,but as to what is fact and what is fallacy I have to confess I don't know anymore than the next bloke.You may be privy to whats really gone on but my opinion as to whether management got it wrong is based on their own statements, that both were priority signings,we'll sign them for life,lock them up before Christmas and now we have neither,so I think its a fair assumption something went wrong somewhere.
cheers mike
Priority signings does not mean sign at any cost---they put up offers that in their eyes and with the funds available made them priority signings but they failed to get either one to sign----such is life.

What is the bet one of the top news stories tomorrow morning will be:

'Manly now desperate to pursuade DCE'.

**** all this, chuck DCE an extra 150k on his Titans deal and if it's a no go all out for Hodkinson. definitely sign Elgey and a couple bone crunching forwards (Klemmer and Ryan James, or Tamou, Glenn, Tagatese, Brown, Thaiday, Kasiano)
DCE is definitely in for the money, and I would usually say **** off but he's clearly too good, I'm sure when Titans lose 10 games in a row he may re think things...
P.S I cannot stand watmough, grub and baby

If you lose your h

If you lose your half back and he wants to stay im afraid management got it wrong. Contracts can take up to weeks to finalise even if everything is going well...look at Matty Balin, why hasn't he signed..im sure he wants too.
"He wants to stay"---there is wanting to stay and there is wanting to stay he is wanting to stay entirely on his own terms while playing the media for all it is worth.

That kind of wanting to stay I can do without.....

I agree, but it depends how much of the gulf between our offer and the Titans he would accept. If we wernt in the ballpark, then fine.. He's off, if it just needed a little compromise and recognition of what both parties can do, then, That's negotiating. I kinda feel we forced his hand, and maybe took him for granted, and his manager used that to get other clubs interested and told cherry to look at his options.

Or maybe the powers that be don't want him that bad.

I don't think either of them were happy at the club anymore, so it's hard to blame management. You could say something went wrong with negotiations, but for various reasons, both were sick of the joint and wanted out. Foz was real cut up about Gifty, and DCE was bashed from pillar to post by the media and a portion of the playing group as the reason for Gift's departure. It all adds up...two clubs come along with plenty of cap space (and a former assistant coach) and surprise, surprise, they walk.

Let's not get into a debate about two guys who were offered good money to stay and walked. We can make a scapegoat of Kelly and the board, but both these players have been unhappy at Manly for months. Foran spat the dummy over Gift, and put "Operation Parramatta" in motion midway through last year, and DCE grew increasingly tired of the media pressure surrounding his reluctance to take a pay cut, or pander to the demands of the senior playing group.

Of course Daly and Foz are both going to tell the fans and the media that they were happy and wanted to stay, because that's the "right" thing to say; i'm not buying for one minute.
This is the truest thing I've read on this forum. Sums it up exactly. You could imagine all the senior playing group sitting around and saying what they would do if gift didn't get the contract.
Choc and Foran were too pig headed to go against all their gripes with management, and this is what's happened.

G'day Mike!
G'day Moz,
cheers mike
I like your style, Mike.
G'day Moz,I appreciate the sentiment.
cheers mike
ixhdg.jpg

Sad to lose them but I want players in my team who want to be there.

I want players that have pride in the jersey, be they local juniors, juniors we have pinched and developed, or even journeymen ( Hall / Bryant / Perry to name a few), all " bought in" to the culture, the brand and be important parts of our club.

When players want out its simple, let them go, move on, find the next big thing and maybe we suffer a year or two on struggle street BUT we retain our dignity.

So a big NO to paying more!!

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10