2016 Halves Choice Merged Mega-Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
You may be surprised (LOL as we have no idea) but it is his skills. Along with how articulate he is and the amount of time he always has for the fans. I don't think Joe Kelly took this into account when he stopped his negotiations and handed him to the Titans on a platter.
Foran speaks well also, DCE is articulate scripted and boring and is overly nice to generate positive feedback(he knows what is the right thing to say) not because it is genuine.

I don't know about him not being genuine. Like I said before I have always felt he has a lot of time for the fans. Maybe it is a female thing with his personality because I don't find him boring. As for the kids, all the kids I know really look up to him. They like Foz as well, so do the ladies. But 'we' just like DCE more .

Let's not get into a debate about two guys who were offered good money to stay and walked. We can make a scapegoat of Kelly and the board, but both these players have been unhappy at Manly for months. Foran spat the dummy over Gift, and put "Operation Parramatta" in motion midway through last year, and DCE grew increasingly tired of the media pressure surrounding his reluctance to take a pay cut, or pander to the demands of the senior playing group.

Of course Daly and Foz are both going to tell the fans and the media that they were happy and wanted to stay, because that's the "right" thing to say; i'm not buying for one minute.

Thanks Joe Kelly you fool. We lose the poster boy for the NRL who is a absolute gentleman and now have to go after Todd Carney. This beggars belief.

Ummm the quote was from tooves (thanks Obama....)

It's because dce is prettier.

Plus people think long neck equals long tongue!

Let's not get into a debate about two guys who were offered good money to stay and walked. We can make a scapegoat of Kelly and the board, but both these players have been unhappy at Manly for months. Foran spat the dummy over Gift, and put "Operation Parramatta" in motion midway through last year, and DCE grew increasingly tired of the media pressure surrounding his reluctance to take a pay cut, or pander to the demands of the senior playing group.

Of course Daly and Foz are both going to tell the fans and the media that they were happy and wanted to stay, because that's the "right" thing to say; i'm not buying for one minute.
Well said brother @Snake

If we can associate Carney with guys like Menzies & others around the club, that could do the guys wonders. A Mateo / Carney halves pairing, with the addition of say Tom / Sam Burgess, and look out. We'd be a monster outfit as I said. Convince Willie to go around one more time.

That would work for sure. Carney did a stupid thing last year, but he didn't rape someone or try and bash a woman. When he is playing to his potential, he is very very good, and plays a similar style to DCE. He won the Player of the Year only a few years ago. He has pace and a very good passing and kicking game. Add the Burgess brothers and we would be looking very good. If Mateo wants to revert back to second row, Norman for 2017 is someone id be happy to have a five-eighth. Showed he has some genuine skills on Friday night.

Another thing you have to consider, DCE is a very marketable player. At the moment, it's all about the Thurston's and Inglis's on the poster boards, and TV adds, and promotions. In a couple of years time when DCE is the Australian captain, you will see his face posted up - wearing a f%%ken titans jersey, when it should of been the maroon and white!

Foran speaks well! That will do me. Comes across as a young bloke trying to use big words he doesn't understand with the inevitable cliches thrown in - like most players.DCE is the same except he gets handed better scripts. These blokes deserve a lot of credit for their playing ability but lets not extend it to include educated banter. In any case I couldn't care less if they are Rhodes scholars or not, if they behave reasonably and play well that is all that matters.Actually after the last 3 months I couldn't care less period. Another chapter in the great Manly ride begins and I am looking forward to it.These two supposed oratory geniuses are but blips on the radar.

Last edited:
I'm hearing that Matt Johns' boy is looking very promising in U16's...so we just need someone who is good for another 3 years or so. Maloney seems top-of-mind to me. Anyone seen enough of Rudolph (footy player, not red-nosed reindeer) to make an opinion?

Maloney/Sezer for 5/8
Elgey/Cornish for Half

A marquee forward to lead this pack

Simple as that

Foran speaks well! That will do me. Comes across as a young bloke trying to use big words he doesn't understand with the inevitable cliches thrown in - like most players.DCE is the same except he gets handed better scripts. These blokes deserve a lot of credit for their playing ability but lets not extend it to include educated banter. In any case I couldn't care less if they are Rhodes scholars or not, if they behave reasonably and play well that is all that matters.Actually after the last 3 months I couldn't care less period. Another chapter in the great Manly ride begins and I am looking forward to it.These two supposed oratory geniuses are but blips on the radar.
I've seen many interviews where Foran has shown good depth and insight in his replies relating to game matters/performance, it is not all about vocabulary or how many words you string into a sentence.

Take it this way relative to most rugby league players he is well spoken---much better than Watmough or Brett Stewart.

Last edited:
I've seen many interviews where Foran has shown good depth and insight in his replies relating to game matters/performance, it is not all about vocabulary or how many words you string into a sentence.

Take it this way relative to most rugby league players he is well spoken---much better than Watmough or Brett Stewart.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8