2016 Halves Choice Merged Mega-Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
This DCE isn't worth x $$ because of tonights game is garbage. JT isn't always a world beater either...
Are you so scared of not winning that you would like the club to pay DCE whatever he wants with no concern of how it may impact on our culture and identity? Sorry, but JT is miles ahead in terms of consistency. Yes, he has weaknesses that have more to do with his whining, but on-field performance scorch DCE at this stage.

And I should add, it wasn't based on tonight's game. My opinion is based on performances over a sustained period of time. Furthermore, my desire for the club not to pursue him is not based solely on his on-field performances. It's more to do with the apparent feeling towards the club and what that means to him

HK Eagle, I'm not 'scared' of losing, and maybe I could have gone into more depth into what I was getting at. That is, I'm going to get tired all year when DCE tries hard but things don't come off for him like tonight, and I will be reading how he isn;t worth over 1M etc..but then other weeks I will reading to pay him what he wants - all baased on that weekends game.

For the record, I would have liked him to stay, more than Foran. I don't understand, if true, why we pulled his offer to secure Stewart, Lyon, matai etc upgrades when they have 2 or so years left. I feel sorry for these club legends in that I feel there last 2 years will be a struggle without quality halves...time will tell..

to add, get used to it, this new generation won't buy into this club culture that exists for any club. That ideal will continue to be a slow sinking ship due to the way clubs work and players doing what's best for their families...bar very few players..

I understand better where you're coming from, Mal. I also completely agree... the back-flipping over DCE is annoying and weak to say the least. Yes, in terms of ability DCE is ahead, in terms of guts and leading by throwing your body. In the line of fire, I would have said Fokker, but in terms of the club I say NEITHER thanks.

to add, get used to it, this new generation won't buy into this club culture that exists for any club. That ideal will continue to be a slow sinking ship due to the way clubs work and players doing what's best for their families...bar very few players..

That is largely a myth in my opinion. For some it is a genuine concern, but for all of those high profile players in the media it's a BS story line. "I'm sorry... I love the team and respect the coach, and yada yada yada, but I couldn't possibly feed my family on 600k a year, but I could if it was 700k". Garbage!

I do agree that certain club culture and ideals may well be a sinking ship and a thing of the past. When that truly happens I will need to look myself in the mirror and ask if the distraction from real life is worth it anymore.

Mal, I don't buy the Gen Y stuff.

"Looking after my family.." is just a euphemism for "I don't want to be here anymore".

It may be used legitimately as part of contract negotiations but the second it goes past that then it is because they really don't want to be with us.

Let's be fair too. DCE is getting that coin because Titans have to pay overs to get players at their club. Much like Foran and Parra. Of course they are not worth that money and I am glad Manly didn't offer that amount, as far as I know :)

Manly did the same thing with Kite and a few others when manly were a rabble. You start getting the best players ( I know some may doubt DCE on that), but it helps bring other players to your club. It's a punt, and we'll see in 3-4 years how it pans out.

I was being facetious @Mal Cochrane

DCE has the potential to be the best player in the game and deserves to be paid accordingly. Whether that's 800k or 1.5m or somewhere in between is up to the clubs to decide, and they have.

But the fact remains though that tonight he played like Chris Bailey crossed with Jye Mullane...

tru champs show much more consistency that what our halves have been displaying for the last 6 months, just look at the vermin halves, now they should be worth 2.5m each a season compared to our Hollywood halves.

A highlights package does not make Elgey ready for our team. If he can not get past Mortimer, he is not ready for our team.

But, but Joey will sort him out. Dce is inconsistent. Elgey will be awesome though.

What a load of bollocks...

Hodgkinson is a big step backwards in direction .But atm I'm not really sure which direction we are heading..

What happened to this version of Jack? The strength, the vision, the step.....

Could it be (as some ancient astronaut theorists believe, lol) that Joey actually impedes the development of some players, by trying to hard to mould them, and taking away their natural game? It's only a thought, but I remember a couple of years ago when Joey was coaching at the Warriors. A young Shaun Johnson finished that year in reserves under Joey's tutelage. Look at him now. How could he have risen to the heights he has, after struggling so badly under the watchful eye of possibly the world's best ever number 7?

No agenda here. Just food for thought...

TC, Id like your thoughts, Mate:)

Any thing is possible. I just done see the chooks ever losing a player if he was destined. And looking at the footage, he looked the goods.

Even Hasson has a good NYC highlights reel somewhere on youtube. Both DCE and Foran are about to become the highest paid players in the NRL after learning from Joey so I don't think he's to blame.

Yeah, the chooks might have let him go, I can't remember how we got him. I guess the real issue is that we thought, at some point, he was worth bringing here. Even with the halves that were in front of him. Surely we don't buy players for the sole purpose of bolstering our NSW Cup side?? Someone must have thought he could step up into grade at some point, so what has stifled him?

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8