2016 Halves Choice Merged Mega-Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

c eagle

Reserve Grader
To: Kelly
cc: Silvertails

I still delude myself that you and independent third parties will get Cherry to sign before round 13 on an offer superior to the Titans. Still don't want to lose the kid even though he had some ordinary moments last night.

Sure, this is another keep Cherry thread for us Silvertails but wanting all the long timers on this site to hear my hurt and rant; in an effort to stimulate some discussion on the opportunities we have to exploit third party arrangements.

Yeah, the kid had some moments he may regret but it's far from all his doing. Cut him some slack! During his recent interview, he mentioned that "Manly fans have high expectations and they can be brutal". Yes, I do believe that some of our sentiments on this site have filtered back to him. I don't blame the kid for signing with the Titans, given the circumstances that were out of his control, including fans on this site that jumped very quickly to wanting to wash away his existence.

He is a precious talent and let's not forget how much we have celebrated his rise and growth as a special player and respected husband, father and person.

I just don't get it. Why have we given up on wanting to keep him? Why arent you and Penn doing everything legally possible to get him to renege on the Titans deal?

Let's be frank here, third party deals, in their current format are misunderstood, inconstently applied and open to all sorts of rorting; but they are the current rules that we may operate within. Unlimited deals apply to third party deals as long as they are negotiated without the club and approved by the NRL. What does negotiation mean? Surely we are permitted to 'introduce' third parties to Cherry.

Why aren't you coming out with a statement claiming that you haven't given up on retaining Cherry. If you dont, then I have made my mind up on you; a man without care or wisdom, willing to give up on Cherry without a fight. If you do, well then, you will match the super feats of Arko, doing everything he can to keep the talent. He didn't always win, but he did put a fight .... And I know the Bozo story.

The salary cap is a joke. Buts lets at least make an effort to play within the rules. Lockyer was on the salary cap books for 250K pa which was supplemented by rich third party deals. Johns was on the books for 500K pa and the NRL kicked in the rest. For the love of God, if there is one, why on earth aren't we moving mountains right now to keep Cherry. I don't buy the excuse that we want to keep him but we don't want to use up 1.2 to 1.4m per year of our cap to keep him. We should be offering him a 750 a year contract and he should be getting an additional 750 from third party arrangements.

Pull your finger out Kelly and take a stand. Do what you have to do to have oversight of a deal that gives him 7.5m over the next 5 years. Put that sort of an offer to him and I'm sure he will stay. Come out now with a public statement to state your intent. Follow that up with sealing the deal. For the love of God, I want Cherry to stay.
Are you going to send this to Kelly .......

Mataiforever

Bencher
A highlights package does not make Elgey ready for our team. If he can not get past Mortimer, he is not ready for our team.

But, but Joey will sort him out. Dce is inconsistent. Elgey will be awesome though.

What a load of bollocks...
who else then? give me a better suggestion

c eagle

Reserve Grader
Why are you all so full of Elegy, he's stated he isn't going anywhere, Gold Coast raised and wants to stay at titans..... We have been dealing with this bull**** about halves for months, **** it's old.

winnyason

Bencher
What ever wil be will be, we are on verge of rebuild. We have to deal with it, I would like to have maybe Maloney would have to offer massive overs for this.

Sillybus

Reserve Grader
To replace DCE with Carney would add insult after injury.

I understand he can be an idiot off the field but on the field I rate him. And to be fair he shouldn't have been sacked from the sharks. If some dickhead didnt post that picture on the internet it would have just been a funny prank for his mates. I wouldn't mind if we gave him a chance but the moment he even reaches for a beer during his contract sack him.

c eagle

Reserve Grader
Sign him and open the flood gate then, I'm all for second chances....... Parker , wicks all should be considered then....... Dick head policy out the door.

ManlyMatt

Reserve Grader
Sign him up! While we're at it get Joel Monaghan on board his brother was great for us! Is Craig field available for a coaching position?

JenEagle

Bencher
In all my years I have never seen anything like this halves fiasco. It's been going on since 2012. Both almost left then.

nodd

Bencher

1. Cherry didn't sign with us even when we set a deadline. We only pulled the contract after he jerked us around. He's a smart politician. Making us look like the bad guys whilst he is all so innocent. Don't buy into his comments. He's a two headed viper. He said, whatever the fans say about him, he sleeps well at night. So there you go - an unconscionable man.

2. Cherry demanded an upgrade of his contract after 2011 season, even though he signed for less. He was going to walk from us if we didn't. We bent for him.
Contracts do not mean anything to him.
This club does not mean anything to him.

How the F*** would you know?

He's probably one of my favorites over the past few years

That said....he isn't worth as much as he thinks he is

Gutted to lose him but for his price not so much

nodd

Bencher
Some people are so scared of not winning... NO, I don't want DCE unless he bleeds maroon and white (which it appears he doesn't). I don't care if we end up winning a wooden spoon without him. I want players who inspire me with their commitment, heart and love for the club. Mercenaries can just f*#@ right off.

I would pay DCE. I would pay him the cab fare to the airport to catch his Goldy flight... And it's not just based on how well or badly he performs.

Yet B.Stewart and S.Matai are not mercenaries? They too held our club to ransom to get upgraded contracts- what's the f***in difference between them and DCE and Foran?

Every player is after the best offer they can get.

Why didn't G.Stewart offer to play for peanuts considering he loved our club so much?

You're kiddin" yourself if you think any player has a real loyalty to their club nowdays- the Steve Menzies era is over.

nodd

Bencher
tru champs show much more consistency that what our halves have been displaying for the last 6 months, just look at the vermin halves, now they should be worth 2.5m each a season compared to our Hollywood halves.

And have a look at the forward pack they have been playing behind! If you really think they are as good as DCE and Foran you know nothing about footy.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13