2017 Dally M/Brad Fittler Medal / RLPA Awards/Academic Team of the Year

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

HappilyManly

Journey Man
NSW Blues front-rower David Klemmerhas tonight been crowned the 2017 Brad Fittler Medal winner following an impressive State of Origin campaign in which he ran for more metres than any forward from NSW and Queensland across the three-game series.

Klemmer amassed 519 metres after starting all three games off the interchange bench, with Maroons’ Dane Gagai (577) and Blues teammate James Tedesco (541) the only playerswho tallied more metres.

On a night that recognised the achievements of players across all NSWRL teams and competitions, from Origin to seniors, juniors, women and Indigenous, as well as the contributions of referees and club officials, Klemmer accepted the state’s top award in front of more than 600 guests at The Star Event Centre.

The 22-year-old polled the highest votes from fellow Blues teammates, as well as Laurie Daley and his coaching staff. Previous winners include Josh Jackson (2016) Josh Dugan (2015), Jarryd Hayne (2014), Paul Gallen (2011) and Danny Buderus (2008).

U16 NSW State Player of the Year
Joshua Schuster (Manly Sea Eagles)

U18 NSW State Player of the Year
Zac Lomax (St George Illawarra Dragons)

U20 NSW State Player of the Year
Curtis Scott (Melbourne Storm)

Junior Representative Referee of the Year
Daniel Luttringer

Grade Referee of the Year
Darian Furner

Ray Stellar Award (Club Person of the Year Award)
Eric Galloway (Belrose Eagles)

KARI Indigenous Achievement Award
Ulysses Roberts (Macksville)

Harvey Norman Women’s Premiership Player of the Year
Caitlin Moran (North Newcastle)

Harvey Norman NSW Women’s State Player of the Year
Simaima Taufa (Mounties)

Sydney Shield Player of the Year
Christian Bate (Belrose Eagles)

Ron Massey Cup Player of the Year
Heath L’Estrange (Hills District Bulls)

Intrust Super Premiership NSW Player of the Year
Cameron Cullen (Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles)

The Daily Telegraph People’s Choice Award
Jake Trbojevic (Manly Sea Eagles)

True Blue Award
Jake Trbojevic (Manly Sea Eagles)

Brad Fittler Medal
David Klemmer (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)

Jake was colossal for NSW this year. He and Klemmer were NSW biggest threat and moving forward will pave the way for future series wins. Good to see a few Sea Eagles win some awards too. I think that Jake winning the people's award is the most significant one.

Jake was colossal for NSW this year. He and Klemmer were NSW biggest threat and moving forward will pave the way for future series wins. Good to see a few Sea Eagles win some awards too. I think that Jake winning the people's award is the most significant one.
Jake made first grade as a youngster but that wasn't enough, he wanted to win. Ditto with Origin.
The best thing Sea Eagle fans have going for us right now is the knowledge that Jake Trbojovic won't rest until Manly has won the comp. And he doesn't strike me as someone who is content to wait very long!

James Tedesco has won the prestigious RLPA Players’ Champion awarded to the most outstanding Player of the Year as voted by his NRL peers.

The RLPA Awards began in 2004 to recognise excellence both on and off the field.

Awards are presented annually in a range of categories with this year also including the first-ever Players’ Dream Team.

2017 RLPA Award Winners

RLPA Players’ Champion
James Tedesco

RLPA Rookie of the Year
Nick Cotric

RLPA NYC Player of the Year
Harry Grant

Dennis Tutty Award
James Maloney

Academic Player of the Year
Tim Mannah

Women’s Representative Player of the Year
Simaima Taufa

Representative Player of the Year
Cameron Smith

Indigenous Leadership & Excellence Award
Ryan James

Players’ Dream Team

1. James Tedesco
  2. Jordan Rapana
  3. Konrad Hurrell
  4. Dane Gagai
  5. David Nofoaluma
  6. Gareth Widdop
  7. Nathan Cleary
  8. David Klemmer
  9. Cameron Smith
  10. Aaron Woods
  11. Jason Taumalolo
  12. Wade Graham
  13. Sam Burgess

Last edited:
Hey look...Scam got another award..

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!

And of course there is a whole slew of media reports about how surprising it was for james Tedesco to win 'players player' over......smith.

How Teddy is fullback of the year I don't know let along Champion.

tommy has had a much better year and contributed a lot more to the team.

Hell I don't like him but think even Billy has had a better year.

http://www.nrl.com/nrl-and-nyc-acad...awards/tabid/10874/newsid/112088/default.aspx

image.ashx

NRL Academic Team of the Year
Brisbane Broncos: Tom Opacic (Bachelor of Sports & Exercise Science, Australian Catholic University)
Cronulla Sharks: Chad Townsend (Advanced Diploma of Financial Planning, Kaplan Professional)
South Sydney Rabbitohs: Damien Cook (Bachelor of Education , Australian College of Physical Education)
St George Dragons: Jacob Host (Bachelor of Exercise & Sports Science, Australian Catholic University)
Cowboys: John Asiata (Diploma of Financial Planning, Completed Cert IV in Youth Work, Monash Uni)
Melbourne Storm: Christian Welch (Bachelor of Commerce, Melbourne University)
Gold Coast Titans: Anthony Don (Master of Business, University of New England)
Parramatta Eels: Tim Mannah (Bachelor of Sports Business, Completed a Diploma of Financial Planning, Australian College of Physical Education)
Newcastle Knights: Jamie Buhrer (Bachelor of Sports Business, Australian College of Physical Education)
Wests Tigers: Ava Seumanufagai (Bachelor of Psychology, Australian Catholic University)
Manly Sea Eagles : Tom Trbojevic (Bachelor of applied Finance with Bachelor of Economics, Macquarie University)
Roosters: Luke Keary (Bachelor of Business Administration, , Australian Catholic University)
Canterbury Bulldogs: Michael Lichaa (Cert IV in building & Construction, Australian Skills & Training Academy)

LOL at Cert IV getting you into Academic team of the year (apologies to all those fellow Cert IV holders out there). Clearly not a lot of academic ambition at the Doggies bro.

I reckon I can predict the Dally M awards (Not who I actually think should be the award winners).

Dally M Smith

Dally M fullback Slater
Dally M wing Vunivalu/Addo-carr
Dally M centre Chambers/Roberts
Dally M five-eight Widdop
Dally M halfback Cleary/Morgan
Dally M prop Vaughan
Dally M hooker Smith
Dally M second row Gillett
Dally M lock Taumalolo

Dally M coach Bellamy

I pretty confident that how the awards will go, should it... F##K NO!

TEAM OF THE YEAR

For the first time, the overall leaderboard will play a role in the selection of the Dally M team of the year.

The players who finish in the top 10 in overall voting will automatically win spots in the team of the year.

If two players finish on equal votes there can be co-winners of the positional awards.
---------------------------------
This should see Daly win halfback of the year unless somehow Pearce gets more votes than him which would be a farce. And Tom after a number of MOTM awards late in the season should get fullback unless Slater gets a number of votes.

DKt0K4uVYAEnqI5.jpg:large

Ferris is expecting to become a Dad of twins - already has 2 little girls :inlove:
Thank you HM for the info :) That's lovely for him and Grace :inlove: (as a mum of twins myself). I couldn't find a source as the link wouldn't work, eg when due, but she looks about 4-5 months...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8