2017 Team Discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
@readingtheplay has a big name forward to be released from the Storm to sign with the Titans in the coming weeks. I would assume with recent stories it would be Proctor.

Didn't they just sign Hurrell, Peats, Hayne & now Proctor?
Almost makes me wish WE went bust, and relied upon the NRL taking over our administration.

If Souths haven't signed Kevin Locke I'd be throwing him a life line. Locke seems to have turned his life around and we be a great pick up on the cheap! can anyone shed any light as to weather he's been signed?

If Souths haven't signed Kevin Locke I'd be throwing him a life line. Locke seems to have turned his life around and we be a great pick up on the cheap! can anyone shed any light as to weather he's been signed?

Agreed - he's a very talented kid that had the world at his feet a few years ago. A genuine first grader who I'm sure could handle multiple back line positions. Not another bull**it depth player ie good reserve grader - but someone that can either be a regular in the 17 or actually make a positive contribution when called up.

Last edited:
I'd take Whare and Peachy, they are the stand outs…i love the way Peachy is that fast, tough and versatile….in saying that Jamil Hoppa could be a centre in the near future as well very similar build.

I think expecting Brett to come back and play as he did during his halcyon days is unrealistic. If he comes back, he'll at best be solid, something like what happened to Mini at SC and Slater at Melbourne. At 32 nature is taking its toll, and with the injuries Stewart has had, his legs just wont give him that super boost it once had. He'll still be quite quick, but he'll also have confidence issues, as we've seen in the past, and he wont risk opening up too often.

Tom is already quicker and more dangerous than Stewart has been for several seasons. May have a few things he has to learn, such as positional play in defence, and ordering the defence around as Stewart expertly did, but he's on the rise and it would be a waste having him on the wing. Centre maybe, but even on one leg this year he was dynamic. I may end up with substantial egg on my face, but I think The Snake's day has passed.

I think expecting Brett to come back and play as he did during his halcyon days is unrealistic. If he comes back, he'll at best be solid, something like what happened to Mini at SC and Slater at Melbourne. At 32 nature is taking its toll, and with the injuries Stewart has had, his legs just wont give him that super boost it once had. He'll still be quite quick, but he'll also have confidence issues, as we've seen in the past, and he wont risk opening up too often.

Tom is already quicker and more dangerous than Stewart has been for several seasons. May have a few things he has to learn, such as positional play in defence, and ordering the defence around as Stewart expertly did, but he's on the rise and it would be a waste having him on the wing. Centre maybe, but even on one leg this year he was dynamic. I may end up with substantial egg on my face, but I think The Snake's day has passed.
I really think his defence and positional play was poor as a result of his ankle. He was pretty good in the early rounds at fullback before the injury defence and positional wise but he isn't perfect but he is not far off IMO.

I agree mate. But Snake deserves the chance and respect to play if he's fit. I hope his form this year was injury related. If not, he still deserves a shot at finding out.

If it doesn't work out it doesn't work out, but he does deserve a shot.

Turbo has his whole career ahead of him. Working with Snake as his apprentice will only help him, especially defensively.

Snake has 1 season left. And I dare say if he isn't performing within the first 8 rounds or so - Turbo will take over.

Especially if we are 0/8

@flying sea eagle has a pommy Ben Evans linked with us.

Seems he couldn't cement a spot with Warrington and has been leased out to other clubs. Weird ass pommy football.

Anyone watch the super league? How's he go?

According to Wikipedia:
Ben Evans (born 30 October 1992 in Bridgend, Wales) is a Welsh professional rugby league player for Warrington in the Super League. He primarily plays second-row and prop. He is the twin brother of Warrington centre Rhys Evans.

Bradford
In 2013 he was offered the chance to go to another Super League side on loan, Bradford. Ben signed a 1-year loan deal with Bradford before pre-season started in time for the 2013 season. However, his debut was delayed as a hip injury ruled him out for the start of the season. He left at the end of the season to return to his parent club Warrington where he has played this season repeatedly and scored 1 try.[1]

International career
Having represented Wales at youth level, in 2012 Ben was called up by the senior squad to play in the 2012 Autumn International Series. He made his international debut in a 20-6 loss to France, and made a further appearance against England that year. He made his international debut before making a first-team appearance at club level.

He was selected in Wales 2013 Rugby League World Cup squad. He featured in the 32-16 loss to Italy and in the 16-24 loss to the United States. He scored against Italy (1 try).

And Foxsports:

Leigh have signed Warrington's Wales international Ben Evans on a month's loan to cover a pair of suspensions.

The 23-year-old prop has yet to feature for the Wolves this season after rupturing a hamstring last year and has been playing on a dual registration for League 1 club Rochdale.

Evans, whose twin brother Rhys made eight appearances for the Centurions on dual-registration in 2011, could make his debut in Saturday's Championship match against Whitehaven in the absence of suspended duo Gareth Hock and Jamie Acton.

Coach Neil Jukes said: "We are a bit down on troops in the next couple of weeks and it was important we did things right by the team and ensured there was enough cover and strength and competition for places.

"We are always on the look-out for good, young and hungry players and Ben has enough Super League experience to add to our team and enhances the strength across the board."

We are always on the look-out for good, young and hungry players

This signing, if true, highlights our recruitment policy - get rid of Manly juniors with talent (such as Gutho, Liam Knight, Dylan Kelly) who may actually have a passion for the club, and sign less talented players from anywhere else in the world.

Is there any evidence Matagi is linked to Manly or just speculation at this stage?
Just a guy called phantom on silvertails a few days back said that he had inside information that Matagi would be an eagle in 2017 and id say it's certainly pointing in that direction now, he would be a good signing with great impact off of the bench

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8