2017 Team Discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
In regards to Tom is better than Snake, well have to agree in 2016, that's not hard - but 'IF' Snake is fit and playing well he has to be fullback with Tom on the wing, it's a better backline than one of those new wing signings or Snake to wing. You have to play to the team you've got, not just who is better in one position
Tom to fullback if you want to make top 8, if snake stays at fullback we can't make the 8 anymore simple as that.

How would you know he's not up to standard unless he plays?
You have a strange way of agreeing with me?... re-read my comment - I said he deserves the opportunity to play given he is now fit. Hes just had surgery after a season ending injury.... I didn't say he should own the spot regardless?

If after the season begins and his 2016 form is still present - im sure they will move him aside. It is a business, I can't see anywhere where I implied different - but Snake is a Manly legend and deserves the opportunity to see if his 2016 form was injury related.

Easy. There are trials.

May the best man win and if he does then we are the winners.

Agree. Realistically I can't see Snake coming back as good as he was but if he is even close to it, he has to be there at Fullback. Who is better at fullback becomes largely academic as Turbo has proven he is also a class act at centre and wing.

You seem to have difficulty understanding the word if.

IF Snake is fit and in form, I would have Turbo in reserve grade before I would leave snake out.

so you would choose a 32 year old over the hill fullback over the best young player in the game who has already proven he is a better fullback than Stewart at the current point I time? Wow silly season has begun, we are now dropping our best player for golden oldies...

If after the season begins and his 2016 form is still present - im sure they will move him aside. It is a business, I can't see anywhere where I implied different - but Snake is a Manly legend and deserves the opportunity to see if his 2016 form was injury related.

Again, you seem to have a problem understanding the word if.

If that 32 year old is even near his best form, he is simply the most potent attacking fullback ever to play for Manly.

Your belief that Turbo has already proven he is a better fullback is your opinion, and not one I share. He may well become better, but he's not there yet.

And no, Turbo wouldn't be dropped, he would bide his time at centre or wing, as many future stars have had to do for 100 years.

Last edited:
You seem to have difficulty understanding the word if.

IF Snake is fit and in form, I would have Turbo in reserve grade before I would leave snake out.

When you have a highlight video that goes for 6 minutes worth of tries you know you are a legend. Wasn't that long ago if snake didn't play Manly would most probably not win, he was that important.

So fragile now and seemed to have lost so much pace, that made him so dangerous!

so you would choose a 32 year old over the hill fullback over the best young player in the game who has already proven he is a better fullback than Stewart at the current point I time? Wow silly season has begun, we are now dropping our best player for golden oldies...

We all love Turbo but he's hardly the complete fullback at this stage. Defensively and positional play-wise he's not there yet by a long shot. In time of course he could develop into one of our all time great fullbacks. IF and I mean IF miraculously the surgery and rest gets Snake healthy fit and fast again, in 2017 we absolutely play them both. As everyone agrees at this stage in Tom's development he is more than capable of filling a number of backline positions comfortably. We hardly have enuff class in our squad (lots of depth but) to leave out players like Snake if he's able to contribute well. Remember an experienced fullback is great not only for what they do but how they can organise from the back too.

Still think Manly need a center. Surely Panthers cant keep Hiku, Whare, Peachy, Blake and Hardaker all on the books as centers next year?

Still think Manly need a center. Surely Panthers cant keep Hiku, Whare, Peachy, Blake and Hardaker all on the books as centers next year?
Hardaker is going back to England cause he has a 500k transfer fee. Hiku is signed long term, it looks like Whare is still I their plans. Peachy and Blake will most likely leave for starting spots.

You can forget Hardaker - he's back to England but ure right ..they have a glut of good backs there that are hopefully pinchable!! I wonder where Whare is at with his knee. He mightn't be worth the risk sadly. Hasn't he busted em before??

The same trials TT will need to play because he's had offseason surgery and we aren't sure how he'll return...?

Hey, your entitled to your opinion, im entitled to mine. I believe a Manly legend deserves more than 2/3 trial matches in the preseason to prove his game post surgery.

Let's see how it plays out?

Dont get shirty Batty. I'm not challenging your right to an opinion. In fact I demand it. That's what these forums are for. I may disagree with you, but doesnt mean my opinion is any more worthy than yours OK

I dont think Hardaker will be in Aus 2017. Transfer fee way too much to fit in any clubs salary cap. Maybe Whare will be pushed out as well. Geez they have some stock

Out of the Panthers backs i'd like Waqa Blake (think that's how you spell it)

Tom to fullback if you want to make top 8, if snake stays at fullback we can't make the 8 anymore simple as that.
it will take more than Tom to get us into the top 8 Turbo....keep in mind I said if snake is fit and playing well. I'd have them both rather than Tom at 1 and J Wright or Uate on the wing

I dont think Hardaker will be in Aus 2017. Transfer fee way too much to fit in any clubs salary cap. Maybe Whare will be pushed out as well. Geez they have some stock
No way they can keep them all for long. Moylan, DWZ, Hardaker, Mansour, Hiku, and Whare are all international backs, plus they have players like Peachey and Blake. Plus a top junior crop coming through. A good club to have contacts with...

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12