2017 Team Discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
So, going off the rumours and reports (quite a few I disagree with), would people be happy with this:-

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Daniel Tupou
03. Steve Matai
04. Dylan Walker
05. Akuila Uate
06. Blake Green
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Jake Trbojevic
09. Matt Parcell
10. Ben Matulino
11. Marty Taupau
12. Suaia Matagi
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Darcy Lussick
15. Brenton Lawrence
16. Addin Fanua-Blake
17. Shaun Lane

That's a MASSIVE, intimidating team. Who could you run at (safely)?

So, going off the rumours and reports (quite a few I disagree with), would people be happy with this:-

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Daniel Tupou
03. Steve Matai
04. Dylan Walker
05. Akuila Uate
06. Blake Green
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Jake Trbojevic
09. Matt Parcell
10. Ben Matulino
11. Marty Taupau
12. Suaia Matagi
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Darcy Lussick
15. Brenton Lawrence
16. Addin Fanua-Blake
17. Shaun Lane

I'd be pretty happy with something along those lines but I just can't see Trent Barrett leaving Lewis Brown and Nate Myles out of the top 17.

I'd be pretty happy with something along those lines but I just can't see Trent Barrett leaving Lewis Brown and Nate Myles out of the top 17.

They both don't deserve first grade after the garbage they dished out this season. Honestly, id Fulton is holding players to account, these two should be the first in the firing line.

They both don't deserve first grade after the garbage they dished out this season. Honestly, id Fulton is holding players to account, these two should be the first in the firing line.
Totally agree. Hopefully they'll have to earn their spots just like anyone else. I just can't see them spending $500,000 on Myles and not giving him a walk up start.

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Daniel Tupou
03. Steve Matai
04. Dylan Walker
05. Akuila Uate
06. Blake Green
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Jake Trbojevic
09. Matt Parcell
10. Ben Matulino
11. Marty Taupau
12. Suaia Matagi
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Darcy Lussick
15. Brenton Lawrence
16. Addin Fanua-Blake
17. Shaun Lane

I do love this line up but I matagi was a prop, I would rotate him to the bench and lussick to start at prop or bench and put Jake into the back row.

Josh Hoffman has been released from GC Titans to sign with Parramatta. Their spending spree continues.
He will ruin them haha, they've been looking for mentally strong players yet released Gordan and bought Hoffman, for me that's a very bad change even though Gordan is an oldie. Well in other words that a very, very good signing, in our eyes ;)

Have you ever watched tupou play? Gets dominated in contact nearly every run, drops the ball at least once a match with his poor ball security. Has the game awareness of the proverbial deer at night and an oncoming car. He is one of these players you would despise after half a season in our team.

He has benefitted from being on the end of a good backline. He does catch bombs and score occasionally. But that's about all he offers, a good finisher, won't create much and is an ineffective yardage winger.

There are better options for less money.

Uate/Tupou on the wings. I shudder.

Last year I thought our defence was good, our attack is what was lacking, we only looked good when Tom got the ball.
Defence was good? **** me, we had >560 points scored against us. I need a delusional emoticon thing again ......

I think he was moving in that direction at the back end of the season actually. He kept putting Myles on the bench and Brown was just playing because our centre was injured. He must notice how bad they are, they truly were a disgrace this year.

Defence was good? **** me, we had >560 points scored against us. I need a delusional emoticon thing again ......
Our forwards defence was good, the backs however were similar to Nate Myles and Lewis Brown... A pure disgrace! Luckily for us that backline consisted of injury backups and the one listed to start in rd 1 next year would fix that. If Matagi (who I highly, highly doubt) and Matulino do indeed sign the forwards will be really intimidating with plenty of second phase play to have Matt Parcell utilise upon.

Our forwards defence was good, the backs however were similar to Nate Myles and Lewis Brown... A pure disgrace! Luckily for us that backline consisted of injury backups and the one listed to start in rd 1 next year would fix that. If Matagi (who I highly, highly doubt) and Matulino do indeed sign the forwards will be really intimidating with plenty of second phase play to have Matt Parcell utilise upon.
Are you and turbo the same person?

I would be very happy if we could add Matulino and either Uate or Tupou (better than what we have now and not too expensive)

But really want snake to hang up the boots (medically retired if we can work it or released) and use the money on a new decent center. Would love Whare to come back in 2017. Not worried about the past injury, look at buhrer. We need a quality, tough center who can defend and is a try scorer!

If Matai or walker have a serious injury and are out for a long time, or the season - we are stuffed. we have no one to replace them. Brown or Williame at this stage. fark

I would be very happy if we could add Matulino and either Uate or Tupou (better than what we have now and not too expensive)

But really want snake to hang up the boots (medically retired if we can work it or released) and use the money on a new decent center. Would love Whare to come back in 2017. Not worried about the past injury, look at buhrer. We need a quality, tough center who can defend and is a try scorer!

If Matai or walker have a serious injury and are out for a long time, or the season - we are stuffed. we have no one to replace them. Brown or Williame at this stage. fark
Yes I hate when people go oh he has had a serious injury he is crap, look at Buhrer, Tedesco, Jake Trbojevic, Dugan, kahu and many more had bad injuries yet have gone on to have successful careers. I'd take Whare in a heart beat, still very, very fast.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10