2020 recruitment wish list

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

double hoops

First Grader
Plenty of threads seem to discuss who we each think would be a good fit at our Manly Warringah Club next year.

How about we get well away from the big name, big price tag end of town. We all know the dollars will be spent on the turbos etc.

If anyone new gets a spot who isn't already a lower grade Sea Eagle, they will be a typical Noel Cleal diamond in the rough.

So nominate away, one rough diamond you can see in a Manly jumper next year.

I've got one that just strikes me as a DES and Crusher signing.

Far from a finished product he certainly needs that DES polishing treatment to reach his potential.

May be I seen some ball playing or great hands for a big man.

And the player is - Josh Kerr - from the Dragons.

I think we need a bench prop and a steady 6. Walker going good. Just dont see him as a career 6. Probably go alright as a number 1 if he put the work in . Part of his impact as a 6 is he gets early ball, starved of him at centre. I really hated that. He could be just as dangerous at centre with a crafty link man

I like parker but walker getting early ball at centre, a crafty 6 option just makes us a better footy team.

But where ya gonna get the money for that !

Jarome Luai from Penriff Panfers
Happy at the moment with Walker in 5/8.
But if was going to put him back at centre ,Instead of Luai into halves ,I like the look of the young bloke at the Warriors Chanel Tavita Harris,shows plenty of Toughness wih a bit of mongrel,is quick ,defends well ,has footy skills , (reckon Des could take this to the next level)

I think Hopoate and Schuster are two stars in the making. If injury free, we will most likely see them emerge throughout next year, along with a solid signing or two. I don’t see any big name recruiting taking place.

I think Elgey, Hodkinson, Perrett and Api will all go, so that is four spots in the top 30 that will need filling.

Agree with most we should sign up the gun youngsters, id like us to have a bit of cash set aside to opportunistically pick up any good player that is disgruntled leading into 2020 (or before deadline).

A couple of cheapies on minimum contracts that are impressing in the CC for me...
Lachlan Timm a prop from the Dragons,originally from the Melbourne feeder team in QRL,moved to dragons for a chance and has been killing it in CC.Regularly plays 80 minutes and is a workhorse,around 112kgs and is not getting a crack even with their issues.
Jed Cartwright from the panthers,he is a bigger unit at 105kgs and tall and would make a perfect bench player or starter,can play 11,13 and centre and yes,is Johns son,not getting a crack either.
Greg Leleisuiao a winger from Eels,180cm and 100kgs and is a Taufua clone in that his work rate is outstanding.Ran for over 20 0metres and 100 post contact metres the other week(drags defenders through the line when running),very consistent and not getting a shot probably because he is not 190 cm tall.Better under the high ball than Jorge though...
Mitch Butfield a prop from the Eels feeder side,very consistent and gets no respect even though a real worker in both attack and defence.Not part of their 30 man squad or development player and might be more of a target for Workers..Good as a starter or bench player,always finds a way to get involved..

Continued improvement in our current backs .. combined With the probable emergence of Hoppa Junior, Funa, Simona and with the option of switching Walker back to centre ... I think our backline is looking pretty good ...

Cust and Croker will both be stronger for the run ... both have shown the determination to work hard and improve their games ...

I think the area we are weak in is bench prop .... whilst we may have some confidence in Sipley and Boyle ... a hard head no nonsense tough prop wouldn't go astray ....

Wonder how much attention at present by Manly to re sign Sipley , fully fit would seem well worth retaining on a realistic contract and to then make 5 well rated props[ and two exceptional ] in a top Manly 30 . If Schuster starts with a development contract , Young Hoppa stays in the top 30 , Parker , Cust , Croker and Jet Ski stay on , T Rex and Simona can still offer something , maybe not too many more positions to be required to cover . Not too sure how much Elgey or Sam Smith may be able to contribute with the general expected make up of the top 30 next season though .

Continued improvement in our current backs .. combined With the probable emergence of Hoppa Junior, Funa, Simona and with the option of switching Walker back to centre ... I think our backline is looking pretty good ...

Cust and Croker will both be stronger for the run ... both have shown the determination to work hard and improve their games ...

I think the area we are weak in is bench prop .... whilst we may have some confidence in Sipley and Boyle ... a hard head no nonsense tough prop wouldn't go astray ....

If we could sign Leilanu Latu on the cheap could be a good pick up. He is a decent player in need of a new home/team.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8