2023 Pacific Championship

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
The reasons I'd choose Toovey (after watching this game): his ball distribution was excellent, the accuracy of his passing was better than I remember and his darts from dummy half split the Kiwi defence many times. On top of this, he was a great leader.

Note: Johns & Fittler were the halves in this game

Last edited:
Kosef (pre knee injury). He was a gun ball playing Lock. Just what we need.
It's tough because these players are some of my favourite ever but if Kosef from 95 with 2 perfect knees was available he offers exactly what the current squad needs.

The reasons I'd choose Toovey (after watching this game): his ball distribution was excellent, the accuracy of his passing was better than I remember and his darts from dummy half split the Kiwi defence many times. On top of this, he was a great leader.

Note: Johns & Fittler were the halves in this game
This may be controversial but I think the gap between our current options at lock and Kosef is bigger than the gap between the other players and our options in their respective positions.

This may be controversial but I think the gap between our current options at lock and Kosef is bigger than the gap between the other players and our options in their respective positions.
I think many will agree with you.

I was basing my opinion on what I saw in this game. Toovey was a stand out as dummy half (Damien Cook like) - far superior to our most recent dummy halves

A composite side with the 1995 team would include only a few current team members - maybe something like this?

1. Ridge
2. Garrick
3. Hill
4. Turbo
5. Hopoate
6. Lyons
7. DCE
8. Roberts
9. Toovey
10. Carroll
11. Olakau'atu
12. Menzies