2nd Trial - Manly V Raiders (& other trials)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
it’s only a trial but it’s a pretty **** performance really
2d
Can't see us winning the comp, still don't get into the trench

No one is playing the ball properly in Penrith parra game. The ref hasn’t done anything.

Wtf was Atkinson doing last night taking the ball off manly at every opportunity for not touching it with the foot?

#consistency
Atkins has never been a fan of Manly, he's caned us quite often since the Brookvale game against the Knights where he sent Fonua Blake off for suggesting he was a cheat

I certainly hope the referees are better when the comp starts.

We got pinged 3 times for not playing the ball correctly. I could see no difference between those 3 and the other 300 in the game. The players were dumbfounded as well.

I certainly hope the referees are better when the comp starts.

We got pinged 3 times for not playing the ball correctly. I could see no difference between those 3 and the other 300 in the game. The players were dumbfounded as well.
For the life of me i can't figure out why it's still a penalty. You can walk off the mark, pass after the held call, fail to tap the ball with your foot at a set restart and the ref says "come back and try again". Why is an incorrect PTB any different?

Last edited:
As I’ve said many times we still don’t have a big damaging prop that most of the top sides have.

That and a quality 9 is what we are missing.

We do have a big damaging prop. At least, we would if Paseka ever realised just how big, strong and skillful he really is (damn, how long have we been saying that now???). Seriously, Tent could be even better than Payne Haas and he's easily considered the best prop in the game.

If this game is any sort of judge, Brisbane are in for another long season in 2022.

Although to be fair, Reynolds is not playing and the Cows have pretty much a full strength side (minus Toumalolo).

Just saw the game,not sure what the fuss from some is over.
Props were good and did their job,Ola was good,Bullemor is a work in progress,Croker got out and engaged defenders and had a beauty of a kick in the second half.
Halves were good,back 3 were good(Tom seems to be holding back as expected),centres were both impressive.
Defense on edges was great.
Second half was sloppy as players interchanged....
Saab effort was poor but replays show ball was behind and past him and he was not going to get there but should have put in more effort.
My main issue is that I am becoming less convinced about Walker's role and value to the side.
The penalties for the play the ball were farcical as the next sets from the Raiders immediately after each had 2 instances that could have been penalised.
Not too fussed about the ref apart from that as we got a few dodgy calls our way as well,it is a trial and you got what you expect.

Interesting when Brandy said he’d got a text off his nephew Mavrik Geyer, and the elbow was popped back into place, which would only be a 2-3 week absence. Hopefully the same result for Guaca. :think:

My thoughts as well MA, Keepie and Bully into the 2nd row, bench, De'luis, Sipley, Walker and Lawton. If our front row fires up and up for the challenge, who knows, we could give this game a real shake.
I'm even finding it hard not to start TSips. Even if he doesn't last 20 mins.
1. He's just looked our best.
2. I don't see a problem with all our other props getting their knickers in a knot and going out and puting their arguments forwards. Even if 1 does so from the back row.

I'm even finding it hard not to start TSips. Even if he doesn't last 20 mins.
1. He's just looked our best.
2. I don't see a problem with all our other props getting their knickers in a knot and going out and puting their arguments forwards. Even if 1 does so from the back row.
Having 3 fwds out against Penrith is not ideal that's for sure. But we can only play who we have. Agree, Sipley went well, full of running and looked damaging, even though it's only 15min bursts. Need Bullymore to fire up and live up to the hype, improved I thought from the 1st trial match though.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10